2012 London Olympics - Official thread

Started by muppet, August 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2012, 04:27:58 PM

Wiggins could be nailed on for the t.ime trial but he'd need to be recovered.

Recovery wont be an issue. The form of Tony Martin and Fabian Cancellara will be key to this. I think Tony Martin has a fracture in his wrist and Cancellara took a heavy tumble in the road race. Its between the 3 of them i would imagine. I couldnt believe on the radio last night that p***k Matt Dawson was going on about how all the others conspired to stop team GB in the road race. Absolute bollix. No mention of the Germans helping them. They just got it wrong on the day and you would have to question the wisdom of building your entire season around a one day race. Commentary was brutal compared with Tour De France. When one of the commentators said at the beginning about the rest racing for 2nd place i suppose there was only going to be a disaster. Cavendish reaction while childish is understandable. 6 weeks ago journalists couldnt have told you what month the Tour de France was in, now GB is full of experts. Its the nature of the beast i suppose.

theskull1

Getting fed up with the camera s stuck in the middle of team talks/time outs

Agree that the cycling gold winner interview was a total disgrace. Have a feeling the Brits are going to have a poor games. Built up for a fall by the media
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on July 29, 2012, 12:30:00 PM
Getting fed up with the camera s stuck in the middle of team talks/time outs

Agree that the cycling gold winner interview was a total disgrace. Have a feeling the Brits are going to have a poor games. Built up for a fall by the media
Aye they had a camera in the middle of the Bulgarian timeout in the volleyball this morning. What nuggets of information (in Bulgarian) were they hoping to uncover?!

Capt Pat

Rheinisch is going well in the canoeing. 6th after the first run he should make the final.

laoislad

Women's beach volleyball on now.
All we need now is a bit of rain at this and it be great....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on July 29, 2012, 06:16:56 PM
Women's beach volleyball on now.
All we need now is a bit of rain at this and it be great....

The wife is hungover, she hates sport, she just started to watch the beach volley ball, happy days.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AQMP

Are the BBC over the fact yet that Cavendish didn't win??  Heard Cavendish interviewed on the Radio.  Total sour grapes.  His line basically was "None of the other countries helped me win a gold and that's not right".

That aside, the BBC coverage was a complete joke.

From the Bunker

I don't like Claire Balding.

Just thought i'd say that.  ???

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AQMP on July 29, 2012, 07:19:11 PM
Are the BBC over the fact yet that Cavendish didn't win??  Heard Cavendish interviewed on the Radio.  Total sour grapes.  His line basically was "None of the other countries helped me win a gold and that's not right".

Rebecca Adlinton is swimming tonight and some doll won the cycling road race silver medal and Team GB are off the mark. Yesterday didn't happen.

All of a Sludden

Weightlifting is starting to get interesting, Wu of China has just come in at 130kgs in the snatch. He weighs 58kg.

BBC are as bad as the red tops when it comes to some of their coverage, but they seem to be providing coverage of every event via the red button.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

randomtask

Nolan coming up now in the boxing, he came through an extremely tough qualifying division. Hope he does well COYBIG ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 29, 2012, 08:59:37 PM
Quote from: AQMP on July 29, 2012, 07:19:11 PM

The BBC coverage of the road cycling is provided by Boardman and Porter who worked for ITV for the TdF.  They are poor but part of the problem is down to the lack of information from the broadcaster and they commentate from a monitor just like everyone watching at home.  For TdF the broadcaster is TV France and they have a sophisticated production with more cameramen who are more expert and the broadcaster is able to gather and pass on more information.

Having watched the first few days, the commentaters on Eurosport are far superior to those on BBC probably because they have more expertise over a range of sports which the BBC has lost as it has lost sports over the last 10 years.

To be fair I think those boys hands were tied. The interviewer and hazel Irvine however.

Pre the womens cycling today she posed the question of whether everyone would work against the British team like they did yesterday. Farcical.

Some amount of coverage by the bbc and fair play for that but the biased nature of it is shocking.

Yes mark we'll work with you and you can sprint finish us. It's in our best interests too ::)

Mayo4Sam

Have tickets for Nolans quarters do hopefully hes there!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerrykeegan

really good start from him, the height difference is mad
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Tony Baloney

Tight wee hoor he was fighting. Last round to red but surely Nolan has enough.