Aidan O'Rourke leaves Kildare set-up

Started by Donnellys Hollow, August 19, 2011, 12:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

QuoteAidan O'Rourke is set to join the Down football management team in 2012.

The former Armagh star stepped down as Kildare assistant manager a few weeks ago and will now link up with James McCartan, who he previously worked alongside at Queen's University.

O'Rourke will fill one of the voids left by Paddy Tally and Brian McInver, who stepped down from their selector roles in the wake of the Mourne County's heavy All-Ireland qualifier defeat to Cork in July.

The 2002 All-Ireland winner, who still plays with his club Dromintee, cited travel and family commitments as the reasons behind his decision to leave Kildare.

"It's exclusively down to travel," he said.

"I have a young family, my kids are three and five, plus I work in Belfast. I was spending five hours driving a day. I left home at 7am and wouldn't be back until 11.30pm."
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

John Rafferty confirmed as O'Rourke's replacement at last night's county board meeting.

Brian Murphy remaining on as minor manager. No decision yet on u21 job. Widely anticipated to be Tom Cribbin.

http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-radio/sports-news/gaa-rafferty-takes-o-rourke-s-place-as-kildare-selector.html
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sheamy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 05, 2011, 12:27:09 PM
John Rafferty confirmed as O'Rourke's replacement at last night's county board meeting.

Brian Murphy remaining on as minor manager. No decision yet on u21 job. Widely anticipated to be Tom Cribbin.

http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-radio/sports-news/gaa-rafferty-takes-o-rourke-s-place-as-kildare-selector.html

Jobs for "the boys of the county Armagh" !
Exchange rate healthy to be paid in euros too! Santa will be good in the Orchard this year.

Orior

I'd hate to be bearer of bad news, especially when a fellow Poyntzpass man is involved but:

- John won an Ulster medal in his last year of playing
- John helped Big Joe through his last year of managing Armagh

Will this be Geezer's last year in charge of the flour bags?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Orior on October 05, 2011, 11:08:11 PM
I'd hate to be bearer of bad news, especially when a fellow Poyntzpass man is involved but:

- John won an Ulster medal in his last year of playing
- John helped Big Joe through his last year of managing Armagh

Will this be Geezer's last year in charge of the flour bags?

We won't run out of money until 2013 so he's going to give it another two seasons.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

NP 76

Wont be too sure of that hollow as the clubs he has been with will tell you he is supposidly not easy paid

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NP 76 on October 06, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
Wont be too sure of that hollow as the clubs he has been with will tell you he is supposidly not easy paid

Rafferty?  if he isn't easily paid then a lot of clubs have been hit hard.  I know he has been around the circuit but never heard too many figures.