GAA Insurance

Started by samwin08, August 16, 2011, 11:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

I intend to travel abroad and play  some football. Can any one tell me if the GAA Insurance will cover me if I was unfortuante enough to receive an injury. Is there any other insurance I can take out to cover possible  hospital fees .

heffo

Quote from: samwin08 on August 16, 2011, 11:13:29 AM
I intend to travel abroad and play  some football. Can any one tell me if the GAA Insurance will cover me if I was unfortuante enough to receive an injury. Is there any other insurance I can take out to cover possible  hospital fees .

GAA (Willis insurance) does not cover you abroad.

Third part insurance will depend on where you're going.

Cde

I was wondering about this when I read about the amount of medical bills Mark McGovern's family now face.
Is there not some obligation on teams abroad to ensure they have you insured before you play

Canalman

Quote from: Cde on August 16, 2011, 12:49:52 PM
I was wondering about this when I read about the amount of medical bills Mark McGovern's family now face.
Is there not some obligation on teams abroad to ensure they have you insured before you play

Nope. Matter for individual himself to sort it out. Think what happened to that poor Fermanagh lad will concentrate minds. Not even sure that ordinary travel insurance would cover you for  GAA games abroad.