1981 remembered

Started by MK, August 14, 2011, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Oh FFS you really live in your own odd little world don't you. Hard to beat a bit of slective quoting and then putting a deliberately misleading spin on it isn't it!

Anyhow, your continued attempts to pollute this thread in your insatiable need for attention (well you are a WUM) will recieve no further response from me.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 28, 2012, 12:17:01 AM
Oh FFS you really live in your own odd little world don't you. Hard to beat a bit of slective quoting and then putting a deliberately misleading spin on it isn't it!

Anyhow, your continued attempts to pollute this thread in your insatiable need for attention (well you are a WUM)...
C'mon, Nally, why not make even a token attempt to play the ball, eh?   ;)

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 28, 2012, 12:17:01 AM... will recieve no further response from me.
I'm devastated, totally devastated so I am.  ;D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

glens abu

1st March 1981 Bobby wrote in the 1st page of his dairy

Sunday 1st

I am standing on the threshold of another trembling world. May God have mercy on my soul.

My heart is very sore because I know that I have broken my poor mother's heart, and my home is struck with unbearable anxiety. But I have considered all the arguments and tried every means to avoid what has become the unavoidable: it has been forced upon me and my comrades by four-and-a-half years of stark inhumanity.

I am a political prisoner. I am a political prisoner because I am a casualty of a perennial war that is being fought between the oppressed Irish people and an alien, oppressive, unwanted regime that refuses to withdraw from our land.

I believe and stand by the God-given right of the Irish nation to sovereign independence, and the right of any Irishman or woman to assert this right in armed revolution. That is why I am incarcerated, naked and tortured.

Foremost in my tortured mind is the thought that there can never be peace in Ireland until the foreign, oppressive British presence is removed, leaving all the Irish people as a unit to control their own affairs and determine their own destinies as a sovereign people, free in mind and body, separate and distinct physically, culturally and economically.

I believe I am but another of those wretched Irishmen born of a risen generation with a deeply rooted and unquenchable desire for freedom. I am dying not just to attempt to end the barbarity of H-Block, or to gain the rightful recognition of a political prisoner, but primarily because what is lost in here is lost for the Republic and those wretched oppressed whom I am deeply proud to know as the 'risen people'.

There is no sensation today, no novelty that October 27th brought. (The starting date of the original seven man hunger-strike) The usual Screws were not working. The slobbers and would-be despots no doubt will be back again tomorrow, bright and early.

I wrote some more notes to the girls in Armagh today. There is so much I would like to say about them, about their courage, determination and unquenchable spirit of resistance. They are to be what Countess Markievicz, Anne Devlin, Mary Ann McCracken, Marie MacSwiney, Betsy Gray, and those other Irish heroines are to us all. And, of course, I think of Ann Parker, Laura Crawford, Rosemary Bleakeley, and I'm ashamed to say I cannot remember all their sacred names.

Mass was solemn, the lads as ever brilliant. I ate the statutory weekly bit of fruit last night. As fate had it, it was an orange, and the final irony, it was bitter. The food is being left at the door. My portions, as expected, are quite larger than usual, or those which my cell-mate Malachy is getting.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: glens abu on March 01, 2012, 10:49:26 AM

Sunday 1st

I am standing on the threshold of another trembling world. May God have mercy on my soul.

My heart is very sore because I know that I have broken my poor mother's heart, and my home is struck with unbearable anxiety. But I have considered all the arguments and tried every means to avoid what has become the unavoidable: it has been forced upon me and my comrades by four-and-a-half years of stark inhumanity.

I am a political prisoner. I am a political prisoner because I am a casualty of a perennial war that is being fought between the oppressed Irish people and an alien, oppressive, unwanted regime that refuses to withdraw from our land.

I believe and stand by the God-given right of the Irish nation to sovereign independence, and the right of any Irishman or woman to assert this right in armed revolution. That is why I am incarcerated, naked and tortured.

Foremost in my tortured mind is the thought that there can never be peace in Ireland until the foreign, oppressive British presence is removed, leaving all the Irish people as a unit to control their own affairs and determine their own destinies as a sovereign people, free in mind and body, separate and distinct physically, culturally and economically.

I believe I am but another of those wretched Irishmen born of a risen generation with a deeply rooted and unquenchable desire for freedom. I am dying not just to attempt to end the barbarity of H-Block, or to gain the rightful recognition of a political prisoner, but primarily because what is lost in here is lost for the Republic and those wretched oppressed whom I am deeply proud to know as the 'risen people'.

There is no sensation today, no novelty that October 27th brought. (The starting date of the original seven man hunger-strike) The usual Screws were not working. The slobbers and would-be despots no doubt will be back again tomorrow, bright and early.

I wrote some more notes to the girls in Armagh today. There is so much I would like to say about them, about their courage, determination and unquenchable spirit of resistance. They are to be what Countess Markievicz, Anne Devlin, Mary Ann McCracken, Marie MacSwiney, Betsy Gray, and those other Irish heroines are to us all. And, of course, I think of Ann Parker, Laura Crawford, Rosemary Bleakeley, and I'm ashamed to say I cannot remember all their sacred names.

Mass was solemn, the lads as ever brilliant. I ate the statutory weekly bit of fruit last night. As fate had it, it was an orange, and the final irony, it was bitter. The food is being left at the door. My portions, as expected, are quite larger than usual, or those which my cell-mate Malachy is getting.
No harm to him, but he was full of self regarding, self pitying, sentimental  crap. 

Nally Stand

Take your trolling elsewhere. If people want to write something to remember Bobby Sands, let them do so in peace.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 01, 2012, 06:41:20 PM
Take your trolling elsewhere. If people want to write something to remember Bobby Sands, let them do so in peace.
If someone publishes a piece of writing on an internet message board, then they must be expecting others to read it and comment upon it.  Take your sanctimonious attitude elsewhere.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 01, 2012, 06:49:05 PM
If someone publishes a piece of writing on an internet message board, then they must be expecting others to read it and comment upon it.  Take your sanctimonious attitude elsewhere.

The openig post of the thread makes it clear that this thread is about remembering the sacrifice of the Hunger Strikers. Since you have no desire to do so, I suggest you take your deliberately provocative, hate filled remarks elsewhere.

As I am doing with EG, I won't be responding to any more of your trolling remarks on this thread. Hopefully I won't be the only one doing so and you'll clear off somewhere else to satisfy your desperate need for attention.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 01, 2012, 06:54:35 PM

The openig post of the thread makes it clear that this thread is about remembering the sacrifice of the Hunger Strikers. Since you have no desire to do so, I suggest you take your deliberately provocative, hate filled remarks elsewhere.

As I am doing with EG, I won't be responding to any more of your trolling remarks on this thread. Hopefully I won't be the only one doing so and you'll clear off somewhere else to satisfy your desperate need for attention.
We all have different opinions on the hunger strikers and I'm not about to let a few republican revisionists insist that theirs is the only one worthy of air time. If you don't like that, stay clear of message boards.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 01, 2012, 08:00:28 PM

We all have different opinions on the hunger strikers and I'm not about to let a few republican revisionists insist that theirs is the only one worthy of air time. If you don't like that, stay clear of message boards.
My last words to you:
We also have different opinions on British soldiers, but you won't find me trolling around to find a thread about remembering any of them and filling it with abuse in the desperate hope of getting some attention. Cheerio.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 01, 2012, 08:22:20 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 01, 2012, 08:00:28 PM

My last words to you:
We also have different opinions on British soldiers, but you won't find me trolling around to find a thread about remembering any of them and filling it with abuse in the desperate hope of getting some attention. Cheerio.
'Trolling around to find a thread'? It was on the first page! Bye now. 

Evil Genius

Sunday 1st

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children the Unionists having to make room for us at Stormont, so that we may help them to administer British Rule in Ireland..."

We'll never forget you, Jimmy Sands
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ardal

lier lier pants on fire

theticklemister

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 01, 2012, 10:37:26 PM

Sunday 1st

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children the Unionists having to make room for us at Stormont, so that we may help them to administer British Rule in Ireland..."

I think yer getting mixed up with Bobby Sand's principles and those of SF

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 01, 2012, 10:37:26 PM

The way I like to look at it, is that we currently have the former Commander of the Derry IRA running the show.

trueblue1234

Indeed. So much For bigs Ian's assertation that they would never go into government with SF.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit