Tipperary vs Dublin - All Ireland semi final 2

Started by TippTony, August 10, 2011, 10:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TippTony

Reports of more injuries in the Dublin squad bodes well for Tipp. But then Tipperary have gone a long while without a competitive match and could be caught on the hop by an up and coming Dublin team, who already beat both Tipp and Kilkenny this year. It will be interesting to see what tactics Anthony Daly will adopt to try to manage the Tipp forwards.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/fresh-injury-woe-for-daly-as-treacy-tears-hamstring-2844095.html

Last Man

I think we can asume there will be no half acres for Lar to do his usual thing come Sunday.

heffo

The list of injured just keeps mounting up.

It's not going to be pretty Sunday, but after winning the Walsh Cup, the National League Div 1, getting to the Semi Finals and the Minors & U21s both in the AISF it's been a great year for Dublin Hurling.

lynchbhoy

deiseach

I've been tempted for a while to start a "culchies who don't hate Dublin" thread to gauge how many of us are well disposed towards the Jackeens. The problem would be it turning into a trollfest

passedit

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2011, 04:23:44 PM
I've been tempted for a while to start a "culchies who don't hate Dublin" thread to gauge how many of us are well disposed towards the Jackeens. The problem would be it turning into a trollfest

Up the dubs!
Don't Panic

TippTony

Quote from: Last Man on August 10, 2011, 10:48:00 AM
I think we can asume there will be no half acres for Lar to do his usual thing come Sunday.

I think a lot will depend on the supply of ball coming in from the Tipp half-back line, which caused Waterford a lot of problems. But Paul Ryan and Ryan O Dwyer on the Dublin side can do a lot of damage at their end too. Should be a good game to watch!

CorkMan

Tipp should win this one fairly handy. I'll be going up with my dad (he's from Tipp). Who's injured for Dublin?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2011, 04:23:44 PM
I like Waterford and Kilkenny and after enduring a couple of years with 50% tipperary classmates, I nearly always want them to lose !! (mostly so I can slag those who I might see on and infrequent basis!)

heffo

Quote from: CorkMan on August 10, 2011, 06:14:02 PM
Tipp should win this one fairly handy. I'll be going up with my dad (he's from Tipp). Who's injured for Dublin?

I agree - pity we aren't playing Cork.

Hiney, Brady, Keaney, Treacey & Gough are all out - the first three with cruciates.

CorkMan

Quote from: heffo on August 11, 2011, 10:36:27 AM
I agree - pity we aren't playing Cork.
Hiney, Brady, Keaney, Treacey & Gough are all out - the first three with cruciates.

Hey....... ah you're right.

Dublin still woutdn't have much chance with a full panel, but without those 5.........

Croí na hÉireann

Just won tickets to this, can't wait, up the Jackeens...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Blowitupref

The Dubs will give a good account of themselves but i can't see past a 7-9 point win for Tipp.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Premier Emperor

Even if Dublin had their full pick, Tipp would win pulling up. Dublin were poor in the Leinster final and only scraped by a weak Limerick team.