Tyrone - Is this the end?

Started by Orangemac, August 07, 2011, 10:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 08, 2011, 12:14:52 AM
Team of the decade by a running mile..........................kerry could not get within a sniff of them

The dots, the dots!

The only criterion is SAMs, and Kerry beat us on that one - indisputable.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 08, 2011, 12:16:22 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 08, 2011, 12:14:52 AM
Team of the decade by a running mile..........................kerry could not get within a sniff of them

The dots, the dots!

The only criterion is SAMs, and Kerry beat us on that one - indisputable.

Not so sure, fair enough the cabinets are stacked and they have been brilliant, but tyrone always snuffed them out, its gotta hurt

ONeill

Damn sure.

The biggest losers yesterday were Jack and the Gooch. They'll retire unfulfilled.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orangemac

It is hard to gauge whether the back door makes winning an AI easier or not. Off the top of my head have 6 of the 11 champs since the back door came in been prov champions? I think Armagh would have won at least another AI if there had been no back door but then look at Tyrones run of games in 2005, has any team ever won a harder AI than that?

In the last 50 years only 5 teams have won 3 AIs with the same nucleus of a team so for that alone Tyrone should be remembered.

Although a lot of the Tyrone team are in or around 30 there is serious miles on the clock in that the core of the team have been playing at the latter stages of competition from minor through U21 to senior since 1997/1998.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2011, 12:22:54 AM
Damn sure.

The biggest losers yesterday were Jack and the Gooch. They'll retire unfulfilled.
You don't believe that for one minute.

The record books will record SAMs won with no asterisks against any of them.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: Orangemac on August 08, 2011, 12:25:33 AM

In the last 50 years only 5 teams have won 3 AIs with the same nucleus of a team so for that alone Tyrone should be remembered.

That's an interesting one. To save me the bother of looking it up, can you list them?

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 12:58:36 AM

That's an interesting one. To save me the bother of looking it up, can you list them?

dublin
meath
kerry
tyrone
down

Hardy

I'd quibble with Down (four or five of the 60/61 team played in 68 - more a remnant than a nucleus) and Meath (two of the 87/88 team played in 96 - sorry Jinxy).

Fear ón Srath Bán

OK Hardy, you're off the list!  ;)

Mike Sheehy

Damn sure.

great teams do back 2 back AI...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2011, 01:17:51 AM
Damn sure.

great teams do back 2 back AI...

Back-to-backs are an absolutely immense achievement in the modern (or any) era, no doubt whatsoever about that. But I don't think that that measure alone can deny a team greatness, you may disagree!  ;)

Mike Sheehy

tbh, I dont think this is the time for the Kerry v Tyrone slagging. The time for that is before games, not in the immediate aftermath of defeats.

but..if ye want to go down that road......

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on August 08, 2011, 01:02:29 AM
Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 12:58:36 AM

dublin
meath
kerry
tyrone
down

I can only take a wild guess that Galway's 3 in a row team is one of them. Not 100% on that though.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2011, 01:30:58 AM
tbh, I dont think this is the time for the Kerry v Tyrone slagging. The time for that is before games, not in the immediate aftermath of defeats.

but..if ye want to go down that road......

Wind it in FFS! And don't be sore that we've deprived you once again of ending your 25 year hoodoo against us!  :D