Donegal v Dublin semi final 28-8-11

Started by Blowitupref, August 07, 2011, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Spillane: Look at that tribe in Iraq, the Shi-ite, we've watched Shi-ite football today.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Well sorry to disagree, but I find it absorbing, The only thing i don't like is the rugby league style handpassing. But the defending is brilliant. To me good defending is as interesting as good attacking. What are people saying? Teams shouldn't defend? Or do they want to prescribe how they should defend?

It's as simple as this - Donegal have put it up to Dublin to score from distance, and they haven't had the skill to do so. Yet, anyway.

As for the arseholes moaning in the studio, they are really getting on my wick. I'm not interested in what fuckin Spillane thinks is good gaelic football. These clowns are supposed to be analysing, not whinging.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: haze on August 28, 2011, 04:14:21 PM
Anyone posting that they are enjoying this is surely just taking the piss

if they are not taking the piss, they must be father stone type characters
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

WeePeteIsALegend

Posted this at half time during Donegal/Kildare quarter final.

Spillane - "Don't know whether to laugh or cry"

This is all we need to do to make our sport better:

1 Reduce the number of players from 15 to 13.
2 Allow the hand pass to take any shape apart from a definite throw - open or closed hand, overhand striking action etc
3 Allow all free's to be taken by hand-pass if the team receiving the free wishes
4 Introduce immediate yellow cards for any pull of the jersey and immediate red cards for 'last man' tackle, or denying a clear goal scoring opportunity

This will get rid of an awful lot of the cynicism and disgusting displays of anti football we've seen in the past 15 years - I'm embarrassed watching this and comparing it to Aussie Rules and to a certain extent hurling
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 28, 2011, 04:21:44 PM
Posted this at half time during Donegal/Kildare quarter final.

Spillane - "Don't know whether to laugh or cry"

This is all we need to do to make our sport better:

1 Reduce the number of players from 15 to 13.
2 Allow the hand pass to take any shape apart from a definite throw - open or closed hand, overhand striking action etc
3 Allow all free's to be taken by hand-pass if the team receiving the free wishes
4 Introduce immediate yellow cards for any pull of the jersey and immediate red cards for 'last man' tackle, or denying a clear goal scoring opportunity

This will get rid of an awful lot of the cynicism and disgusting displays of anti football we've seen in the past 15 years - I'm embarrassed watching this and comparing it to Aussie Rules and to a certain extent hurling

hurling men will have tears running down their cheeks at this. Compare this to what this time next week's entertainment will be like
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

WeePeteIsALegend

lol at father stone - classic

Yea, didnt have money on the kildare/donegal game so was cracking up, but as I stand to win a good few quid from Donegal today Ive been less scathing

However if I had no money riding on this, Id be cracking up. This is 10x worse than Tyrone/Armagh 5-10 years ago. Much much worse. This is horrific. It will turn people away from the game. As I said above, if you compare this to an AVERAGE Aussie rules game, and even a good hurling game, its an embarrassment to Gaels everywhere. There is no comparison.

In a way I think Id put up with it for a year or two if it would then lead to the GAA implementing rules like above. But then I wise up and realise that the mugs that run the game wouldnt change the rules.
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

muppet

0-4  0-2

We need to play 100 minute halves or even quarters to run the fcuk out of these 13 man defenses.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 28, 2011, 04:26:59 PM

Yea, didnt have money on the kildare/donegal game so was cracking up, but as I stand to win a good few quid from Donegal today Ive been less scathing

However if I had no money riding on this, Id be cracking up. This is 10x worse than Tyrone/Armagh 5-10 years ago. Much much worse. This is horrific. It will turn people away from the game. As I said above, if you compare this to an AVERAGE Aussie rules game, and even a good hurling game, its an embarrassment to Gaels everywhere. There is no comparison.

In a way I think Id put up with it for a year or two if it would then lead to the GAA implementing rules like above. But then I wise up and realise that the mugs that run the game wouldnt change the rules.
Shut up ffs.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

WeePeteIsALegend

hoof hearted, I think you've misunderstood me

I love watching hurling mostly is the point Im making. Comparing a hurling game to a gaelic game of this nature is embarrassing as someone who loves gaelic football first and foremost.

WeePeteIsALegend

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 28, 2011, 04:28:33 PM

Shut up ffs.

Go fcuk yourself - this is a forum where people express their opinions and debate points on games, it was not designed for moronic pricks to tell others to shut up without pointing out why they think they are wrong. Grow up.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 28, 2011, 04:30:40 PM

Shut up ffs.

Go fcuk yourself - this is a forum where people express their opinions and debate points on games, it was not designed for moronic pricks to tell others to shut up without pointing out why they think they are wrong. Grow up.
I wouldn't know where to begin to start telling you why you're wrong.  I was going to tell you to stop talking shit but I didn't want to be rude. 
Go away and watch some basketball.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

WeePeteIsALegend

ref again giving everything to dublin

mcfadden and brogan do the exact same thing, hold onto the ball under pressure, mcfadden is deemed to hold on too long, brogan is deemed to have been fouled

3 dub points, all scored by the man wearing black

irunthev

One thing you must remember here. Donegal aren't in the entertainment business, they are in the business of trying to win a football game. They don't care if they win in 0-1 to 0-0, just so long as they win it.

WeePeteIsALegend

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 28, 2011, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 28, 2011, 04:30:40 PM

Shut up ffs.

I wouldn't know where to begin to start telling you why you're wrong.  I was going to tell you to stop talking shit but I didn't want to be rude. 
Go away and watch some basketball.

Another pathetic and childish response. Maybe I shouldnt be surprised by someone who clearly has no life considering the amount of time they spend on an anonymous internet forum. Over 13,000 posts? pmsl Get a f**king life you cretin.

muppet

Donegal foul before during and after the tackle. I am no longer neutral.

Free kick at midfield taken backwards! Jebus I hate this.

I'm off for some food.
MWWSI 2017