Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Video doing the rounds of a what seems to be a few helping a young man to his feet after he had been battered. But it turns out they helped him up so that they get at his backpack and rob his laptop.

Sums it up really.

Edit this is clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNh-fTv1Gm8

Minder

I suppose we will get the usual guff that you get here, they are "alienated", "disenfranchised" etc whereas it is plain to see they are a shower of f**king animals. The peelers probably do have to be more careful here as because of the world we live in if they start getting ripped into them they will be accused in some loony quarters of racism.

Probably also hear that their area suffers from "severe property", well when you hear that take a look to see how they are dressed and how poverty stricken they look.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

QuoteFFS

Had this been West Belfast the auld 'baton rounds' (sounds more pc than rubber bullets) and water cannon would have been deployed along with an entire effing regiment.

Let them have it large I say.

Aint the use of water cannon illegal on the "mainland"? Crazy

Minder

Haven't heard race mentioned much by the news stations or media, just "youths" or "inner city youths". Are we not allowed to say it?

hairierarea

Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2011, 11:46:10 AM
Haven't heard race mentioned much by the news stations or media, just "youths" or "inner city youths". Are we not allowed to say it?

Say what? Black people are genetically disposed to robbing? Outside of Tottenham, where genuine anger with the police kicked off the events of Saturday night, the looters have been a mixture of white, Asian, mixed race and so on. Look at the footage, including the youtube video above.

maddog

Quote from: hairierarea on August 09, 2011, 11:54:18 AM

Say what? Black people are genetically disposed to robbing? Outside of Tottenham, where genuine anger with the police kicked off the events of Saturday night, the looters have been a mixture of white, Asian, mixed race and so on. Look at the footage, including the youtube video above.

They arent saying anything rightly or wrongly along those lines because they are shitting a brick that i will turn into something racial.

tommysmith

The majority have been the blacks from videos and pictures i have seen.

Tubberman

Quote from: tommysmith on August 09, 2011, 11:59:32 AM

The majority have been the blacks from videos and pictures i have seen.

There were plenty of the whites in the coverage I saw last night. They are just isolated videos though, so you can't come to any conclusion based on watching a couple of minutes on the telly.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

hairierarea

QuoteThe majority have been the blacks from videos and pictures i have seen.

The looters are from a mixture of different racial backgrounds, whoever is in the majority. For that reason it wouldn't make much sense to say much about their racial background in explaining the looting as it wouldn't help to explain why so many who come from other racial backgrounds are looting as well. What they all have in common is that they come from the poorest boroughs in London, and some of the poorest in the entire UK. Surely that has some bearing on any explanation.

Boycey

I don't think looting has a colour does it?? The original troublespot of Tottenham, which I'd know well having spent several years living on or around the High Rd and had family there until recently, is undoubtedably a "black" ghetto and have a undercurrent between locals and the police but most of the other areas where trouble has flared would be mixed race. there has even trouble in Harrow on the Hill a leafy well to do suburb.

thejuice

They are all British. End of.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Rioting spread to Liverpool last night, Smithdown Road, Toxteth & City Centre areas. What is this shite about race, Liverpool is an overwhealmingly white city, ethnicitiy overwhealmingly Irish, Irish descent with some Welsh, Isle of Man and Lancs. Reports of 300 rioters. Heard reports of petrol bombs thrown at people in City Centre. Fireworks being used as weapons in Toxteth. Smithdown Road has lots of young Irish living close to it. All the late pubs and clubs in the city closed down last night. Amazing really because despite its reputation I normally would feel safer in Liverpool than Dublin any normal night of the year. Liverpool has been one of the safest places I have lived in (well normally).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Bogball XV

I heard a journo on the wireless saying that this could turn racial but only because some races have been out guarding their communities.

For example the turkish community blocked off some streets from the rioters/looters and asian communities were doing likewise.  There are fears that if this continues a few lads might start joining the rioters just looking for confrontation with these particular groupings.

Dinny Breen

We all know black people loot and white people find..

#newbridgeornowhere