Driving Without Insurance

Started by Bud Wiser, August 06, 2011, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Ok, I will take it as a given that none of us responsible GAA Boarders drive without insurance but my question is, what would you do if your sister, brother, relation, friend was and you knew about it?
Would you;
(a)  Tell them they are stupid and to get insured.
(b) Tell them that if they drive again without insurance that you are reporting them to the boys in blue.
(c) Report them.

I for one can't understand how anyone can go out and crash and kill or almost kill someone and not be insured. Neither can I understand how or why a perfectly innocent party has to wait for up to four years for the Motor insurance Bureau to make a settlement.

In the above case I would choose option (b), if I thought they would not hit me a box or then (c) which option would you choose?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

JUst retired

Lecale2

A. It really is a bad thing to do.

Ulick

A. we're responsible for our own actions.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 06, 2011, 09:03:06 AM
Ok, I will take it as a given that none of us responsible GAA Boarders drive without insurance but my question is, what would you do if your sister, brother, relation, friend was and you knew about it?
Would you;
(a)  Tell them they are stupid and to get insured.
(b) Tell them that if they drive again without insurance that you are reporting them to the boys in blue.
(c) Report them.

I for one can't understand how anyone can go out and crash and kill or almost kill someone and not be insured. Neither can I understand how or why a perfectly innocent party has to wait for up to four years for the Motor insurance Bureau to make a settlement.

In the above case I would choose option (b), if I thought they would not hit me a box or then (c) which option would you choose?
If I was going to crash and kill someone I wouldn't be too worried about insurance.

A. I'm hardly going to tout on someone I know.

BennyCake

I'm sure they are old enough and stupid enough to make their own decisions.

But, I would never report my worst enemy to the coppers.  Its us against them.  Stick it to the man!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2011, 12:13:34 PM
How the fcuk could you tout on your own brother/sister etc?
Free staters didn't have to worry about the fallout from touting when we were fighting the war up here without them. They don't understand.

Hardy

Tony Baloney

Hardy

Canalman

2 years off the road and a criminal record. No USA/Australia...... no job/ no new job etc. Where do I start?

Don't grass on them though.

brokencrossbar1

Black bag, Concession Road

'Oh I'll sing a song,
Of the bravest men
That famous fighting unit from Armagh'

BennyCake

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 06, 2011, 09:22:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2011, 12:46:46 PM

But, I would never report my worst enemy to the coppers.  Its us against them.  Stick it to the man!
::)

Something wrong, Fionntamhnach?

BennyCake

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 06, 2011, 09:28:56 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2011, 09:27:23 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 06, 2011, 09:22:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2011, 12:46:46 PM

::)

Something wrong, Fionntamhnach?
Nothing wrong with me.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  For a start, you're from Tyrone.