Rugby World Cup 2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2011, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groucho

"Horse manure" indeed George :D
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Anyone watching on RTE or French TV!!! what was the reaction. ITV very partisan (understandably).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

king of leon

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 15, 2011, 09:59:13 AM
I can go as far as to agree with a yellow card as long as a ref is consistent about those sort of things. But it was never a red and the only thing to say in Rollands favour is he only had one chance to see it at high speed.

Can the not take them decisions to the 4th official?

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe IRB Council has reinforced its zero-tolerance stance towards all dangerous tackles by approving an amendment to the Law relating to the spear tackle.

An amendment to Law 10.4 (j) has been approved to recognise the defensive actions of the tackled player when the arms are outstretched to break a fall and to further ensure the consistency of application of the appropriate sanction for offending players.

The amended Law 10.4 (j) will now read:
Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player's feet are still off the ground such that the player's head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.

There is no arguement, it's not about opinion or entertainment. The ref had no choice, he can't think about the fans only the letter of the law, a brave decision but the right one.
#newbridgeornowhere

Groucho

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 15, 2011, 10:03:09 AM
Anyone watching on RTE or French TV!!! what was the reaction. ITV very partisan (understandably).

Frankie Sheehan thought it was harsh....hence the "horse manure" comment from George!
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 15, 2011, 10:03:09 AM

Watching Setanta - Williams and Francis thought that it was harsh, only a yellow.
#newbridgeornowhere

trileacman

To be fair to the ref it is a dangerous tackle and if he hurts his neck in that fall then it could end his career. Look at Tom Evans. It is right that this behaivour is stamped out.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

comethekingdom

Tis a bad owl game anyway - Wales will need a miracle to win this. I think France will push on from here and make their advantage count.

Denn Forever

How important will the loss of the Welsh prop in the first 10 minutes? Come on Wales.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bcarrier

Wales now without Priestland, Jones and Warburton and France cant put them away.

Warburton sending off was correct imo.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

Wales fitness levels could be key, great try by Philips...
#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

Wales have been really good in this game. The performance against Ireland was no fluke. They even look like they might win without their best player and down to 14 men.

bcarrier

the way hook and jones have played priestland missing looks crucial.

Capt Pat

Wales didn't go for a possible match winning drop goal. A very poor decision imo.