Should they just hand Sam to Kerry this year?

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on July 31, 2011, 07:07:05 PM
Looks like that way. Kerry I think will be saying novenas to beat the band that it is Tyrone they play in the final.Get the impression that this is the game the media and GAA want as well.

Honestly, they have the best players in the land and they should easily win it....... sadly, as it is a shame to see a county celebrate as dourly as they do. Never happy to just win, they inexplicably feel it necessary to snidely insult / trashtalk certain other competing counties.

Can never figure out why they do that!

That's a strange statement. Who do they trashtalk? I've never heard it from any of their players. And I've been at a couple of their  'parties' and Sam coming down around South Kerry, and I can confirm they are delighted when it does. Granted they take it for granted (the fans) that they'll be there or thereabouts, but it doesn't stop them celebrating as far as I can see.

Mike Sheehy

ye are like a bunch of auld biddies gossiping about us.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on July 31, 2011, 07:07:05 PM
Looks like that way. Kerry I think will be saying novenas to beat the band that it is Tyrone they play in the final.Get the impression that this is the game the media and GAA want as well.

Honestly, they have the best players in the land and they should easily win it....... sadly, as it is a shame to see a county celebrate as dourly as they do. Never happy to just win, they inexplicably feel it necessary to snidely insult / trashtalk certain other competing counties.

Can never figure out why they do that!

Cant agree. Have  a house down there for years and found Kerry football people among the most knowledgable football people and if anything a bit too harsh criticising their own players. Usually right on the money when assessing their own team as a unit.

snoopdog

the luck Enda Kenny has had this year who would bet against Mayo.
Persoanlly up until today i didnt rate them and i dont think they will come close to Kerry but the best of luck to them.

From the Bunker

Quote from: snoopdog on July 31, 2011, 09:06:19 PM
Persoanlly up until today i didnt rate them and i dont think they will come close to Kerry but the best of luck to them.

I Think Mayo are the Down (2010) of this years championship.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2011, 11:49:02 PM

Hope we are the Galway (1998), Donegal (1992) of this years championship.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Orangemac

At least Mayo won somethng this year.

I think Mickey Harte would love nothing more than to play Kerry in the final. It is all set up for a Kerry v Tyrone final. If Tyrone get past Dublin, Donegal will not fancy facing Tyrone again.

Maybe Kerry are saving themsleves but there are still question marks around the midfield and defence ( 5 over 30) which a refreshed Tyrone forward line would run at. Tyrone would have a better bench too.

Also is it just me but is Colm Cooper having 1 of his poorer years (by his own high standards)?

Aaron Boone

Christy Cooney will be handing the cup to one of: Gooch, Dooher, Murphy, Dillon or Cullen.
If it's Dooher, he'll be the first player to lift the cup three times.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Orangemac on July 31, 2011, 11:59:10 PM

At least Mayo won somethng this year.

I think Mickey Harte would love nothing more than to play Kerry in the final. It is all set up for a Kerry v Tyrone final. If Tyrone get past Dublin, Donegal will not fancy facing Tyrone again.

Maybe Kerry are saving themsleves but there are still question marks around the midfield and defence ( 5 over 30) which a refreshed Tyrone forward line would run at. Tyrone would have a better bench too.

Also is it just me but is Colm Cooper having 1 of his poorer years (by his own high standards)?

Hope to gawd your right Orangemac, might allow Mayo to do what we did today again. Also hope they are focussed on Tyrone.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 31, 2011, 11:57:40 PM

Hope we are the Galway (1998), Donegal (1992) of this years championship.

Don't we (mayo) all!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 01, 2011, 12:04:01 AM
Christy Cooney will be handing the cup to one of: Gooch, Dooher, Murphy, Dillon or Cullen.

If its Murphy, how would he rank on youngest captain to raise Sam?

Kerry Mike

Can Mr Canty drop off Sam at the county bounds sometime this week.thanks.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

muscles magoo

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 01, 2011, 12:08:07 AM
Can Mr Canty drop off Sam at the county bounds sometime this week.thanks.

Looks like we'll get to play that game of caid on Jones' Road after all KM...

LeoMc

First Ulsterman or first Irishman?

nrico2006

Quote from: LeoMc on August 01, 2011, 01:18:50 PM
First Ulsterman or first Irishman?

Maybe he means first man to Captain a team to 3 All Irelands.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'