Mayo V Kerry semi final

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: southsidejohnny on August 21, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
I like Jinxys photograph of the Mayo men panning for gold on the land they "took" from the poor old Meath people. None of course mention that most of the Meath team hail from the sons of what was known as "The Colonists". Even O Rourke is not a Meath man, born in Edgewardstown and Leitrim reared I just find most Meath crowd bitter and the rest funny...in a stupid way.

It beats being stupid...in a funny way.  :P
If you were any use you'd be playing.

stephenite

It's only coming up on 7:30pm here on the South Coast of NSW, and I've been waiting around distracted all day, wife driven demented. Even took it upon myself to give the bathroom a scrub just to have a bit of peace and quiet.
It's days like today when you're wishing back home, not weddings or christenings despite what you may say to the sister.
Still, not complaining, I can watch the match from the comfort of my own home and put in a few phone calls to the lads before and during the match to sample the atmosphere, there's many a man who went before me who hadn't that sort of comfort to draw on.
Hoping it's a great game, day and night, for those lucky to be there it make sure Ye enjoy yourselves regardless of the result.

Hardy

Quote from: southsidejohnny on August 21, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
I like Jinxys photograph of the Mayo men panning for gold on the land they "took" from the poor old Meath people. None of course mention that most of the Meath team hail from the sons of what was known as "The Colonists". Even O Rourke is not a Meath man, born in Edgewardstown and Leitrim reared I just find most Meath crowd bitter and the rest funny...in a stupid way.

:D :D 
The best of luck today. Remember to enjoy yourself and forget about '96 for a couple of hours.

muppet

Quote from: stephenite on August 21, 2011, 10:28:14 AM
It's only coming up on 7:30pm here on the South Coast of NSW, and I've been waiting around distracted all day, wife driven demented. Even took it upon myself to give the bathroom a scrub just to have a bit of peace and quiet.
It's days like today when you're wishing back home, not weddings or christenings despite what you may say to the sister.
Still, not complaining, I can watch the match from the comfort of my own home and put in a few phone calls to the lads before and during the match to sample the atmosphere, there's many a man who went before me who hadn't that sort of comfort to draw on.
Hoping it's a great game, day and night, for those lucky to be there it make sure Ye enjoy yourselves regardless of the result.

Jebus!

I hear there might be a bigger than expected crowd today. If that is the case it is hardly Kerry supporters?

Heading off for the traditional family fry-up (might even be a bbq looking out the window) for all the clan who descend on the city for match day. The lads from home are already on the train.

Mayo by 2-3.

Sorry Mike.
MWWSI 2017

spuds

Listening to Newstalk from Rouse's bar, Ballina yesterday really got the head going and have been wound up a bit since. Lot of talk about 1989, 1996 and 1997 brought back memories of great times and was priviliged to live through them and be at them games, even though we fell short. Being distracted all week waiting for today and hearing the Newstalk show yesterday brings out how fortunate we are to be living in these times of All Ireland semi finals and being within touching distance of another final. Cannot wait for Amhran na bhFiann and the hairs standing up on the back of the neck. Here's hoping !!!

Stephenite, if you haven't heard it yet that Newstalk show with Ger Gilroy will be on podcast they said. Would be a great way to build up to the match and keep you outta the feckin jacksie.

Safe journey to one and all and hopefully will be one of the big days for Mayo football. Best of luck to the young Rossies in the minor.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ck

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see anything but a hammering for Mayo! I think Kerry will ease to a 10 point win. As I say, hope I'm wrong. Up Mayo!

nephinman

Nice dry day up here in the capital, little bit overcast and possibility of some drizzle.
Should be a good day for football although there could be a bit of wind in croker.

Anyway good luck to Mayo & I feel they can do it.  ;)

mckieran

QuoteJebus!

I hear there might be a bigger than expected crowd today. If that is the case it is hardly Kerry supporters?

I hear Mayo are bringing a shitload of fans to the match today. They will probably outnumber Kerry 3 or 4 to 1.

oneoftheseyears

Quote from: ballinaman on August 21, 2011, 08:28:38 AM
Any board members welcome to pop into the gaf if stuck for the jacks or a pint, next to sheils off licence by the canal just off dorset street, ye'll see the flags from the windows :D

Now THATS the Mayo spirit! ;D

Farrandeelin

Loads of Mayo fans travellin on the N4. Bigtime football welcome back!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

oneoftheseyears

For those of you abroad this link MAY have the game...

http://www.justin.tv/the_city_end

Mayo4Sam

Big contingent from the plain of the yews on the train in from Maynooth, a few sheep stealers and one yerra merchant
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Lamh Dhearg Alba

cadence

Lar Naparka

Off on the bike now. Don't want to miss too much of the minor game. Got to get behind the sheepophiles; hope their lambs are bleating happily when the final whistle goes.
My money is on Mayo; it was always going to be. The so-called experts don't give us a chance- like they didn't against the Langers. So Kerry are better than their neighbours; fine and Mayo are better than them too.
There's fight in the old dog yet and we could well get bitten. Yeah, and we could well bite back. Feck the begrudgers!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi