Ticket pricing inequality in the GAA

Started by Dinny Breen, July 26, 2011, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

No complaints.
3 quid in. Ulster Under 21 Quarter Final in Healy Park. Armagh v Donegal.
3 quid in. Ulster Under 21 Semi Final in Casement Park. Armagh v Down.
Be interesting to see what they up it to oidhche 'marach for the Final.

muppet

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 26, 2011, 09:41:52 PM
Another dublin bashing thread.............................. I suggest people who take issue with the hill being closed email the gaa directly and state their case............................. using dublin in your argument is lazy ignorant and damn right racist

Free flags were not supplied you tool........................vodafone are the sponsors and they provided them, we pay enough for the poxy jerseys

Keep your slacks on.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Quote from: muppet on July 26, 2011, 11:28:12 PM
Another dublin bashing thread.............................. I suggest people who take issue with the hill being closed email the gaa directly and state their case............................. using dublin in your argument is lazy ignorant and damn right racist

Free flags were not supplied you tool........................vodafone are the sponsors and they provided them, we pay enough for the poxy jerseys

Keep your slacks on.

Less of your racist comments Muppet.
#newbridgeornowhere

squire_in_navy_slacks

Vote with your feet then ....................do not attend, I used to frequent the hill, but now with two small chislers the season ticket is your only man.............................more comfortable and a better view

Rossfan

no need for insults you **** of a ******
Dubliners are a "race" now  :o
Jasus what next !!!
Surely it was racist of the GAA to allow only Dublin's sponsors to put flags on Hill 16.
Of course the other 31 Counties get free jerseys!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2011, 08:42:42 AM

Jasus what next !!!

A Roscommon man who can spell Jaysus and understands when to use a question mark?

jodyb

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 26, 2011, 08:08:13 PM
Quote from: jodyb on July 26, 2011, 08:02:06 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2011, 02:40:33 PM
The Hill wasn't open last weekend and supporters of Kildare, Cork and Down had to pay 25 Euro for a stand ticket U16s 5 Euro yet Wexford and Limerick supporters had an option terracing (10 Euro) or stand (15 Euro), under 16s free.

This weekend no Hill again and it's 30 Euro for a stand ticket meaning Tyrone/Roscommon fans will have to pay double the amount for their qualifier game than Limerick/Wexford fans did theirs and 5 Euro more than Kildare/Cork/Down.

The following weekend The Hill will be open allowing cheaper tickets to Dublin/Tyrone/Roscommon supporters.

How can they justify not opening the Hill and having such a variation in ticket pricing from game to game?

Ok Bait taken......Fcuk Ye Dinny, there may not have been many of us, but did us Derry wans get in for free??

We did make the kind offer of a free lift home to you all in the horsebox and you threw it back in our faces. Feck the lot of ye!
:D :D I asked for that .... didn't I?  :-[

anportmorforjfc

Lads anyone getting their tickets for Saturday off ticketmaster? There only seems to be tickets for behind the goals in the canal end, that couldn't be right could it? Are all the upper tears for hogan and cusack already sold out?

Declan

QuoteAre all the upper tears for hogan and cusack already sold out

Too much crying up there!!
I'd say they probably aren't opening them though

snoopdog

Quote from: ildanach on July 26, 2011, 04:24:19 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 26, 2011, 04:02:33 PM
The Truth is the GAA dont give a sh1t about the paying punters. They will milk you for everything they can get.
When Kerry play Cork in the All Ireland Semi final the idiots wont have the decency to move the game to thurles or Limerick.
will be great to see a small crowd at HQ for it.

Are you joe brolly in disguise? Today is Tuesday , mayo and limerick are still in the championship. maybe on sunday night you can talk about the cork v kerry semi final. It was like this in 2006 Tom humphries and the other journalists waiting for the old rivals kerry and dublin (although they haven't been rivals for almost 30 years ???) to play in the final and we pissed on that parade. so please don't nail our coffin down just yet!
apologies to Mayo and Limerick for jumping the gun. Id love to asee a Mayo Limerick Semi final as would all other 30 counties

snoopdog

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 26, 2011, 05:56:55 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 26, 2011, 04:02:33 PM
When Kerry play Cork in the All Ireland Semi final the idiots wont have the decency to move the game to thurles or Limerick.
will be great to see a small crowd at HQ for it.

While that would be a great occasion, what do you propose you do for all those people who shelled out big money for five and ten year tickets for HQ? There's no point ignoring the practicalities of these things.

And while I agree that the crowd will probably be 30k or so if that pairing arises, I don't know how any GAA man could say that would be "great to see". It would be utterly understandable, but no less disappointing for that, particularly when it would potentially be a fantastic game of football.

Good point, to be honest i didnt think of the guys with the premium tickets. Was thinking more for the guys who are struggling to get by and couldnt afford to travel all the way to Dublin.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Declan on July 27, 2011, 10:21:04 AM
QuoteAre all the upper tears for hogan and cusack already sold out

Too much crying up there!!
I'd say they probably aren't opening them though
that's the norm.

You know the way stadia around the world try and present themselves as being full, sometimes like Arsenal they paint a crowd for empty terraced sections (turned out to be rather prophetic regarding the atmosphere at the emirates), well, the gaa in keeping a large section of terracing as empty do the complete opposite.  Why?  Sure it's so they get an extra tenner a head from those attending, times is tough you know, since they're probably fairly dedicated to be coming, they'll hardly mind the extra tenner.  It'll help pay for the legions of frontline security lads who we now have to keep them off the pitch - didn't work too well at clones though.

armaghniac

I'd say it is not only the tenner extra for the seat but also the cost of the gates, security, and maybe even street closures at the Hill16 end. All of this may have a point, but they could sell some of the crap seats at a lower price and ensure that some of this criticism does not arise.

I suspect the "operational" Croke park stuff isn't well linked to the "marketing" end of things. The marketing end of things have done OK with the reduction in ticket prices, the football feast tickets and so forth, but the Croke Park crowd have undone much of the good work by closing off the terrace, with its reduced price.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

The Hill is a great way of controlling the Dubs. Not to be sounding racist or anything.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mick999

Get your clubs to order a club pass or group passes for kids, only 10 Euros for an adult ticket .. or 3 Euros per kids ...

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-club-offers/
The GAA Club Pass

Available to all GAA clubs for GAA Senior Championship All-Ireland Quarter Finals and Semi Finals.
•€10 per Adult
•Minimum 15, Maximum 50 adults
•Seats in Davin Stand in Croke Park
•Applications must be made by the Club Secretary and emailed to tickets@gaa.ie from the Club Secretary's GAA email account (secretary.clubname.county@gaa.ie)
•Payment in advance is required.
•Strictly limited to 1 application per Club.

The GAA Group Pass

Available to all GAA clubs for all Croke Park fixtures (bar the All-Ireland Finals) and selected GAA Championship fixtures.
•€3 per juvenile (16 or under),
•1 adult free for every 10 juveniles,
•Additional adults at stand face value,
•Seats in Davin Stand in Croke Park,
•Applications must be made by the Club Secretary and emailed to tickets@gaa.ie from the Club Secretary's GAA email account (secretary.clubname.county@gaa.ie)
•Payment in advance is required.
•Strictly limited to 1 application per Club.Juvenile Group Pass Application Form - GROUP PASS