Dún na nGall v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

This is the Sunday Game logic and reasoning don't come into it,  Davis and Brolly both just said Donegal would win. 10 minutes previously they completely dissed James Kavanagh and the Kildare forwards for not scoring enough goals  ???
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2011, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 24, 2011, 11:19:29 PM
What the Sunday Giveth they take away - from 3rd best team in Ireland to be beaten by Donegal next week. RIP Hype.

Really? What reasons did they give?

To paraphrase: Kavanagh is yellow and won't do it in a big game. Donegal have better inside forwards.

This match will be a pure dog fight. The only Kildare match I've missed all year was the corresponding league fixture up in Letterkenny which Donegal would have won but for a Mick Foley goal with the last kick of the game. According to a few friends of mine who travelled up, it was among the worst games of football they've ever seen (that's saying something after following Kildare up and down the country for years!)

Two key issues in this I'd say:
Will Donegal's defensive tactics be as effective in Croke Park?
Do Kildare have enough dog in them to tough it out in a scrap?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Gold

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM
Great memories of their last encounter ten years ago on a balmy evening in Newbridge with Ken Doyle kicking an injury time winner. I'd happily take the same outcome again with his cousin kicking the winner!

This game could be very tight--i couldnt call it--i would say goals may win this game but the question is who will get them and also going by this years championship whether or not the goal will stand. Tomas O'Connor looked very dangerous and the real deal tonight on the Sunday Game. Rob Kelly impressed me big time in Casement in the league earlier this year--i dont know if he scored that day but he won every ball that came near him and looked like he could break free and bang in 2/3 goals on his day-he's maybe not the most natural point taker and has therefore been taken off in a few games, including before half time last week--his style reminds me a bit of Eoghan O'Gara from Dublin--looking like he could do serious damage but more often than not flattering to deceive.

I was delighted for Donegal last week although the game was awful but even though i'm from Ulster i too like Kildare and hope they win. I've liked them since 98 and used to like Padraic Graven and Eddie McCormick etc so i hope they win but it's hard to keep producing week in week out without having an off day so i wouldnt be surprised if Donegal sneak it.

On an unrelated note Newbridge is a great venue and must always have balmy evenings, it was a great evening  and great atmosphere when the Saffrons drew with Kildare in a 1st round qualifier last year.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Jinxy

Quote from: Gold on July 25, 2011, 12:07:41 AM
Great memories of their last encounter ten years ago on a balmy evening in Newbridge with Ken Doyle kicking an injury time winner. I'd happily take the same outcome again with his cousin kicking the winner!

This game could be very tight--i couldnt call it--i would say goals may win this game but the question is who will get them and also going by this years championship whether or not the goal will stand. Tomas O'Connor looked very dangerous and the real deal tonight on the Sunday Game. Rob Kelly impressed me big time in Casement in the league earlier this year--i dont know if he scored that day but he won every ball that came near him and looked like he could break free and bang in 2/3 goals on his day-he's maybe not the most natural point taker and has therefore been taken off in a few games, including before half time last week--his style reminds me a bit of Eoghan O'Gara from Dublin--looking like he could do serious damage but more often than not flattering to deceive.

I was delighted for Donegal last week although the game was awful but even though i'm from Ulster i too like Kildare and hope they win. I've liked them since 98 and used to like Padraic Graven and Eddie McCormick etc so i hope they win but it's hard to keep producing week in week out without having an off day so i wouldnt be surprised if Donegal sneak it.

On an unrelated note Newbridge is a great venue and must always have balmy evenings, it was a great evening  and great atmosphere when the Saffrons drew with Kildare in a 1st round qualifier last year.

Why?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on July 25, 2011, 12:32:39 AM
Quote from: Gold on July 25, 2011, 12:07:41 AM

Why?

Ha! Same thing came into my mind, he was a good man to slot a free and eh! that was it!
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

He was another lad that had awful trouble maintaining verticality.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on July 25, 2011, 12:35:33 AM
He was another lad that had awful trouble maintaining verticality.

He was one of Micko's first prototypes, perfected this model with Laois.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Dinny Breen

V

#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

bcarrier

vs

Donnellys Hollow

Hardy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....