Dún na nGall v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Is that photoshopped, I thought the Donegal WIN was in black and white too back in the day.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 25, 2011, 12:12:17 PM
Is that photoshopped, I thought the Donegal WIN was in black and white too back in the day.

No just a very dark photo, is green not black.
Tbc....

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

donegal lad

Would of preferred a sunday game what with the amount of travelling we have to do but will still be large support down from donegal

bcarrier

Jinxy

Orangemac

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 24, 2011, 11:48:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2011, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 24, 2011, 11:19:29 PM
What the Sunday Giveth they take away - from 3rd best team in Ireland to be beaten by Donegal next week. RIP Hype.

Really? What reasons did they give?

To paraphrase: Kavanagh is yellow and won't do it in a big game. Donegal have better inside forwards.

This match will be a pure dog fight. The only Kildare match I've missed all year was the corresponding league fixture up in Letterkenny which Donegal would have won but for a Mick Foley goal with the last kick of the game. According to a few friends of mine who travelled up, it was among the worst games of football they've ever seen (that's saying something after following Kildare up and down the country for years!)

Two key issues in this I'd say:
Will Donegal's defensive tactics be as effective in Croke Park?
Do Kildare have enough dog in them to tough it out in a scrap?
One thing in Kildares favour is their ability to take long range points. They may miss a few but they are not afraid to shoot which is one way of beating the duvet defence.

Both teams have finsihed games strongly all year so should be an interesting one.

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

squire_in_navy_slacks

This thread is like Ann and Barry, such are all the pics  ;)

see the geezer head on barry  :)

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

That's quality.
Always liked Ted.
Poor oul Joe is getting hit from all angles.  :D

Captain Scarlet

lads if anyone is around post match on saturday the druids (kildare men) are playing in the harcourt hotel (donegal territory) after the match from 7.30pm.
free gig and even if ye dont make it down it's free in until midnight with a jersey.
feck dunno what way to call it saturday. as was pointed kildare's ability to kick long range could be a key factor. also mick foley has yet to be bettered although murphy is a step up from what he has been coming up against so far this year.
reckon kildare might just do it.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.