Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTB

Fear ón Srath Bán

We dropped into Hill 16 on Gardiner Street after the game last evening, as is our wont, winners or losers. And the craic we had there - I'd imagine for the neutral it was difficult to discern the victors from the vanquished!

The Dubs, almost to a man (or woman), are the most gracious of victors, and always great company to find yourself in. No better way to win, or lose.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Denn Forever

I think you should maybe qualify that statement by saying "this" Tyrone team. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

This might be a good opportunity for a group hug, minus any Meath shower.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

We'll be standing by for the group thumping when yiz are finished.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2011, 12:39:23 PM

Without them, we might fall down!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

heffo

Firstly as Canalman said, if it's the last we see of some of those Tyrone players then they can go out with their heads held high, I don't think there will too many retirements though.

Very happy with the performance yesterday. I'd heard they were flying in training and having some very competitive full 70 minute games but still thought they'd be rusty.

The forward line as it stands is the best we have. O'Gara should only be a plan B for last fifteen minutes.

Looking forward to Donegal game now. Legging it back to Croker now for the Hurling and hopefully to meet Orangeman.

Fair play yesterday to the Tyrone fans who were as gracious yesterday as they were when they turned us over in '05 & '08.

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2011, 12:39:23 PM

We'd have no interest in that type of thing anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Too much love on this thread, humility in defeat, humility in victory, where is the bitterness, the anger, the resentment, bah! what has this board become  >:(
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 07, 2011, 12:53:33 PM
Too much love on this thread, humility in defeat, humility in victory, where is the bitterness, the anger, the resentment, bah! what has this board become  >:(

Well Indiana is having a fit about Joe McQuillan being soft on Tyrone even though he didn't think it necessary dole out any yellows for Dublins persistent fouling and also gave Dublin the handiest of frees when Joe McMahon was coming out of defence with the ball!

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: screenexile on August 07, 2011, 01:00:38 PM

Well Indiana is having a fit about Joe McQuillan being soft on Tyrone even though he didn't think it necessary dole out any yellows for Dublins persistent fouling and also gave Dublin the handiest of scores when Joe McMahon was coming out of defence with the ball!

The resulting free was missed.
In your Endo!

mylestheslasher

I was a great performance from Dublin yesterday, full of pace, intensity and some huge scores. Red hands never gave up even if they were never really close. I thought ref did well, got a few wrong but got most right. I think he'll get the final now if Donegal don't get through.

SLIGONIAN

Was mightly impressed with Dublin yday, unreal supply to the forwards, calmness on the ball, running at tyrone at pace, recycling the ball when needed, standing up in the tackle, it was just all thats great about football on show yday, most complete performance ive seen in a long time, the workrate was second to none. Ive been a longtime admire of the Dubs, there fans there atmosphere, and the football the play. It must be a dream to be a forward on that team, it doesnt matter whether your in front, to the side or behind your man, the supply will be in your favour. Well done and congrats.

Now Donegal, patience will be the key, Dublin did play extra man in defence yday for long periods and still destroyed tryone who played there extra in the middle, Donegal will play extra man in front of brogan and connolly, but Dublin are more than a 2 man team, make no mistake, i thought, no10, no5 were outstanding and the rest of the lads just under that level. I hope Dublin go on and win it now.

The only negative was after HT when they went for 3/4 goal chances when tap over pts were on, that would of killed off Tyrone earlier and had O Neill taken his goal chance might made things a bit more interesting. Dublin did eventually tag on the early scores though.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Dinny Breen

QuoteNow Donegal, patience will be the key, Dublin did play extra man in defence yday for long periods and still destroyed tryone who played there extra in the middle, Donegal will play an extra 4 men in front of brogan and connolly, but Dublin are more than a 2 man team, make no mistake,

Corrected that for you.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

You mind your own business you bollox!
If you were any use you'd be playing.