Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Hardy on August 06, 2011, 08:41:39 PM
Donegal will also be noting Dublin's concession of fifteen points against a massively overrun team.

Yeah but a lot of them were when the game was won and they were pushing big numbers forward which Donegal won't really do

WeePeteIsALegend

Donegal at 11/1 for the All Ireland. Yes please.
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

Puckoon

Credit the dubs, that was some showcase of a performance.

Hard to know if some of the old guard will have the stomach any more.

Good luck to the dubs.

AZOffaly

Very impressive by Dublin, and delighted to see Connolly live up to his promise. He has a lovely relaxed kicking style that reminds me of Maurice Fitz a bit.

Tyrone just weren't able to handle what Dublin brought to the table tonight. Pace and power around the middle, an isolated full forward line and great movement. The end comes sudden to all great teams, and that might be that for Tyrone. Mulligan, Gormley, McMenamin, O'Neill, McGuigan, Dooher, Hughes, Jordan and maybe even Mickey himself might be looking at the end of the road.

Tyrone's movement looked poor again, quite a few times lads looked up and no one was there. It was the same against Roscommon last time out. The problem with Penrose and Donnelly roaming all over the place is that there's no one inside to help Mulligan and Tyrone have to try to come through the centre. When Cavanagh and Peter Harte were contained, Dublin had the game in their control.

I think that Donegal Dublin game is going to be fascinating.

supersarsfields

Fair play to Dublin. Haven't seen Tyrone been as outclassed as that ever. Dublin should actually been annoyed they weren't further ahead. But the fact that they didn't get a couple of goals might reign in the hype a little if that's possible after that display. Tyrone looked tired and unimaginative from early on.

Was as painful a game as I've ever watched. But would like to see the Dubs go on and win it now.

haze

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 06, 2011, 08:47:04 PM

They were 13/2 yesterday. That's some drift. If Dublin and it's a big if reproduce the same intensity of performance I can't see Donegal living with them. Dublin are more direct than Kildare so Donegal will find it more difficult to funnel players back. Having said that I been wrong alot of times this year.

Dublin seen to get away with alot of over carrying during the game. McCauley and Alan Brogan definitely went around a few players during the making great use of a few extra steps

Canalman

Well done lads. Enjoy tonight and back to the silence next week.

Personally delighted to see Alan Brogan give Gormley the "remember me pal!" clip across the ears in the 2nd half.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, 2008 now exorcised from our psyche. Great to throw some olés back after the 10 mins of it received in 2008. Dubs fans have elephant type memories.

Thought some Tyrone players looked fat/heavy tonight.

We really should have scored some goals today.

Amazed Mulligan stayed on .

Honestly think Tyrone didn't learn from last year.

AZOffaly

Speaking of learning lessons, I hope Gilroy has seen tonight that Connolly, especially, and Brogan are just inconvenienced with a lad like O'Gara in there. O'Gara could be the wild card sub, but the way they moved tonight was class, and with Alan playing just off them they looked the real deal as a forward line.

Canalman

Sorry, was amiss of me not to mention Tyrone's efforts over the last 10 years or so. If it's any consolation I think that they went out today carried on their shields.
Great team, great county and they will be back.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on August 06, 2011, 09:03:47 PM
Sorry, was amiss of me not to mention Tyrone's efforts over the last 10 years or so. If it's any consolation I think that they went out today carried on their shields.
Great team, great county and they will be back.

Well said. And fitting iimagery. A team of warriors.

WeePeteIsALegend

Quote from: haze on August 06, 2011, 08:57:59 PM
Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on August 06, 2011, 08:47:04 PM

They were 13/2 yesterday. That's some drift. If Dublin and it's a big if reproduce the same intensity of performance I can't see Donegal living with them. Dublin are more direct than Kildare so Donegal will find it more difficult to funnel players back. Having said that I been wrong alot of times this year.

Dublin seen to get away with alot of over carrying during the game. McCauley and Alan Brogan definitely went around a few players during the making great use of a few extra steps

Check on Betfair mi chara, their still 11.5 if you fancy a stab

Probably 13/2 at the bookies, the robbing b*******!
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

LeoMc

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2011, 09:03:30 PM
Speaking of learning lessons, I hope Gilroy has seen tonight that Connolly, especially, and Brogan are just inconvenienced with a lad like O'Gara in there. O'Gara could be the wild card sub, but the way they moved tonight was class, and with Alan playing just off them they looked the real deal as a forward line.

Have to say it is a long time from I saw such a free scoring full forward line, all are able to win their own ball, they don't need O'Gara in there and don't need Alan at 11 to act as playmaker as they have enough pace and power to provide the ammo from 5 to 12.

ballinaman

GAA printing Kerry V Dublin final tickets as we speak ;)

AZOffaly

I'd say they'll be praying for that alright :)

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ballinaman on August 06, 2011, 09:10:20 PM
GAA printing Kerry V Dublin final tickets as we speak ;)

No thanks, they would hammer us. Hopefully, we will engineer an honourable exit the next day and spare ourselves the humiliation.