Roscommon v Tyrone

Started by EC Unique, July 20, 2011, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2011, 05:34:53 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 29, 2011, 05:17:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2011, 04:48:20 PM
On the othe hand it will be fcukin great to be preparing for a trip to Croke Pk in August to see our Seniors .
Tomorrow is the 30th of July.
Read my piece again buckeen  ;)
It should be obvious I was talking about if we win tomorrow.....

Hope  and optimism and belief  are three vital ingredients for tomorrow.
Crowd wise ... Ros 7,000 Armagh 1,000 , Donegal 5,000 and Kildare 12,000 plus about 5,000 others
I'd expect the changes ( enforced or otherwise ) to be in the forwards.

Tyrone fans aswell, i would have thought there would have been more support for Roscommon saying both their teams are playing.

ross4life

20,000 Rossies traveled to the Cork QF last Summer i'd expect 10,000 this time. Donegal fans are not happy with the late throw in but they should bring a good following & about 7,000 from Tyrone?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ross matt on July 29, 2011, 12:24:59 PM
That's an impressive Tyrone lineout when you read it. Full of power, quality and most importantly experience. However I think Roscommon will be competitive tomorrow. They're a young, dedicated and improving side. They know that (even allowing for weather conditions) they played poorly in the Connacht Final. They've nothing to lose by going for it tomorrow. Best of luck to Fergie and the lads and above all here's to a good game of football.

Decent post there ross matt, fair dues to you.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

This one is set up very nicely for Roscommon. Reading this thread you would think they are rank outsiders but this is a team who won their provincial championship last year, upsetting the odds in the circumstances, and came very close to retaining their title. Tyrone on the other hand seem to have gone, in the eyes of some at least, from dads army to All Ireland contenders on the back of wins over Longford and Armagh.

Glad to see Mickey has stuck with Red Sean and Coney. Would like to think that Coney will come on quickly with more games. A tough game in prospect, cmon Tyrone...

James91

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 29, 2011, 05:46:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2011, 05:34:53 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 29, 2011, 05:17:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2011, 04:48:20 PM
On the othe hand it will be fcukin great to be preparing for a trip to Croke Pk in August to see our Seniors .
Tomorrow is the 30th of July.
Read my piece again buckeen  ;)
It should be obvious I was talking about if we win tomorrow.....

Hope  and optimism and belief  are three vital ingredients for tomorrow.
Crowd wise ... Ros 7,000 Armagh 1,000 , Donegal 5,000 and Kildare 12,000 plus about 5,000 others
I'd expect the changes ( enforced or otherwise ) to be in the forwards.

Tyrone fans aswell, i would have thought there would have been more support for Roscommon saying both their teams are playing.

I think there could be a bigger than expected crowd tommorrow. The times not ideal for donegal supporters really, but I read in a local paper that 5000 tickets were sold in the county, but they expect up to 12,000 donegal fans to travel with tickets bought via ticketmaster etc.. Roscommon have both teams playing and have a loyal fanbase, so do kildare, who wont have to travel far either.

I would love to see roscommon win, and i think they are well capable of. But I have a feeling tyrone will come out and put on one of those performances where no one could beat them on the day.

qz

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 29, 2011, 01:56:53 PM
Joke that its not on TV, whoever is in charge of scheduling the games at RTE must have a real hard-on for Kildare as they have never been off the box this summer.

Have RTE showed any Tyrone games live this year? Could the Mickey Harte boycott be a factor?

winsamsoon

Are these games all ticket? If so where is the best spot to get one in dublin ie ticket office?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Family guy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on July 29, 2011, 11:15:13 PM
This one is set up very nicely for Roscommon. Reading this thread you would think they are rank outsiders but this is a team who won their provincial championship last year, upsetting the odds in the circumstances, and came very close to retaining their title. Tyrone on the other hand seem to have gone, in the eyes of some at least, from dads army to All Ireland contenders on the back of wins over Longford and Armagh.

Glad to see Mickey has stuck with Red Sean and Coney. Would like to think that Coney will come on quickly with more games. A tough game in prospect, cmon Tyrone...

Good post,people ate getting very carried away with tyrone,i think they are just relating to 08 when tyrone slipped under the radar and ended up winning it,i would like to do the same this year but it would need alot less hype about them,The only plus side is you can be sure the team will not take roscommon for granted

Fuzzman

There will be loads of ticket sales caravans near the stadium and the official ticket office is on Dorset Street up from the Red Parrot pub.

Can't make the game myself today and hope to be listening to it on the radio, which hasn't always been a happy place in the past. Not that I'm superstitious.

All the best to Roscommon and Tyrone today. We're certainly hyped up to the max so it is well set up for the Rossies but I think Tyrone are improving every game and will just have too much for them. Ye never know though and if they can keep the belief and get the scores then ye might put it up to us.

I can understand some of the Donegal lads wanting us beaten as they won't want to meet us later should we get that far. They'd rather play the Dubs I'd say should they beat Kildare.

All the best and may ye enjoy the games.

leenie

anybody know of links on the net, where i can watch the match, unfortunately i cant go.... :( thought id b out of pocket but just sold me ticket  :)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Family guy

Gona do a guess the score will go with tyrone 1 13 roscomon 7

Aaron Boone

Guess II:

Tyrone 2-14 Roscommon 2-8

jodyb

Quote from: leenie on July 30, 2011, 11:04:55 AM

anybody know of links on the net, where i can watch the match, unfortunately i cant go.... :( thought id b out of pocket but just sold me ticket  :)

I just assumed RTE were showing this. Only just realised they werent. Any of you tyronies know if Q101 will broadcast it?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: jodyb on July 30, 2011, 01:40:36 PM

I just assumed RTE were showing this. Only just realised they werent. Any of you tyronies know if Q101 will broadcast it?

Yeah Q101 covering the game.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

jodyb

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 30, 2011, 01:49:42 PM
Quote from: jodyb on July 30, 2011, 01:40:36 PM

Yeah Q101 covering the game.

Cheers NT :)