Peil na mBan 2011

Started by drici, July 19, 2011, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Well done to the Lakettes, show the men how it's done. Missed the great comeback in the last 15 mins as had to head out the door, where would one find it online?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2011, 05:26:04 PM
Missed it but yer woman Doonan should be starting for Cavan mens team.

Is she one of the Carrigallen Doonans?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 10, 2011, 10:17:45 AM
Well done to the Lakettes, show the men how it's done. Missed the great comeback in the last 15 mins as had to head out the door, where would one find it online?
Well done Westmeath.  One of the differences was that you could score from play.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 10, 2011, 01:55:46 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 10, 2011, 10:17:45 AM
Well done Westmeath.  One of the differences was that you could score from play.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

Weren't looking too hot in the first half but if you're gonna win an AI title, that's the way to do it. Thanks for link.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

From the Bunker

Of the following players, who do you think is presently the best female forward?

Therese McNally (Monaghan)
Elaine Kelly (Dublin)
Mary Kirwan (Laois)
Ciara McAnespie (Monaghan)
Rhona Ní Bhuachalla (Cork)
Sinéad Aherne (Dublin)
Cora Staunton (Mayo)
Cathy Donnelly (Tyrone)
Gemma Begley (Tyrone)
Amy McGuinness (Dublin)
Yvonne McMonagle (Donegal)
Joline Donnelly (Tyrone).

DuffleKing

RedandGreenSniper

If any of the other girls named is a better forward than Cora Staunton, then they must be some player. Staunton is, in my opinion, the best player of her generation. Kicked 1-9 in Sunday's All-Ireland Club final and was still giving out about how bad she played.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 01, 2011, 11:00:31 AM
If any of the other girls named is a better forward than Cora Staunton, then they must be some player. Staunton is, in my opinion, the best player of her generation. Kicked 1-9 in Sunday's All-Ireland Club final and was still giving out about how bad she played.

She (Cora Staunton) is the only one of the above not to get nominated for an all-star for 2010 or 2011!

Why?  ???

DuffleKing

Cora is the best player ever to grace the ladies game but she is not the player she was

From the Bunker

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 01, 2011, 09:22:28 PM
Cora is the best player ever to grace the ladies game but she is not the player she was

Yeah, she is probaby only averaging 5 to 6 points plus a game as apposed to 10 to 12 plus in her hayday!  ;D

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo are not the team they were, that's the problem. Cora is still playing as well as ever but is, all too often, ploughing a lone furrow. She scored 2-15 for Carnacon in the Connacht Ladies Club championship against the Galway champs. 2-10, I think, was from play. It would be something else to know what she has scored over the course of her career.

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 02, 2011, 12:41:31 PM

Mayo are not the team they were, that's the problem. Cora is still playing as well as ever but is, all too often, ploughing a lone furrow. She scored 2-15 for Carnacon in the Connacht Ladies Club championship against the Galway champs. 2-10, I think, was from play. It would be something else to know what she has scored over the course of her career.

So why is she not getting nominated for an All-star?

RedandGreenSniper

If she doesn't get the platform, she's not going to get nominated really. Mayo were pulled out of the competition last year by their excuse for a county board and this year they didn't get far either. Cora was famously denied an All-Star before because she was sent-off in a club game.

antoinse

Just heard the news that one of Longfords finest lady footballers Allison Smyth, played with Rathcline, died last night at the tender age of 29. She will be missed deeply

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...