All Ireland Minor Championship 2011 latter stages

Started by ross4life, July 18, 2011, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Looking forward to this game it's a plus that both these teams can prepare for this game with very little attention on them & as result this could be the game of the day.

Tipp have gone about their business very quietly all year & they seem to thrive with the underdog tag. Dublin know they will have to improve on the performance they produced v Galway, it's a hard game to call but The bookies odds on Tipp are very tempting.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ross matt

I think Tipp can do it. Galway were (even though they had some talented players) were a shambles this year and despite being the better side Dublin were lucky enough in the end to beat them. We hammered Galway and beat a fine Armagh side after extra time. Whilst we ran Tipp to 2 points they would have beaten us well had they not a man sent off.

I know Dublin racked up some big scores in Leinster but perhaps the standard was'nt that high at minor level in that province this year. Besides ourselves Tipp beat Cork, Kerry and Meath. They are as big as Dublin and more physical in my opinion. They are also quite cyncial and streetwise for a minor side when it comes to off the ball body checking and tactical fouling etc. They have some fine, skillful footballers and look very composed and confident. Tipp by 3 and yes it would be good for football if they did it.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross matt on September 16, 2011, 08:05:49 PM
I think Tipp can do it. Galway were (even though they had some talented players) were a shambles this year

I wouldn't say our lads were a shambles this year. They hammered Sligo and Leitrim, beat the Ulster champions and gave a previously unstoppable Dublin team by far their toughest game of the year in a game that they probably would have won had they had taken one or two more of their many point chances when they were on top in the second half. Their only bad performance was in the Connacht final when I think the conditions just didn't suit their game and it ended up being probably not an accurate reflection of their ability.

ross matt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 16, 2011, 08:30:31 PM
Quote from: ross matt on September 16, 2011, 08:05:49 PM
I think Tipp can do it. Galway were (even though they had some talented players) were a shambles this year

I wouldn't say our lads were a shambles this year. They hammered Sligo and Leitrim, beat the Ulster champions and gave a previously unstoppable Dublin team by far their toughest game of the year in a game that they probably would have won had they had taken one or two more of their many point chances when they were on top in the second half. Their only bad performance was in the Connacht final when I think the conditions just didn't suit their game and it ended up being probably not an accurate reflection of their ability.

Shambles in terms of what they could have achieved with the talent they had GBB. Lot of good footballers on that side. Leitrim and Sligo were poor. Cavan were lucky to get past Armagh in Leinster and Dublin should have beaten them out the gate even though Galway could have stolen it from them. They were hammered in the league and connacht final by Ross and whilst that Ross side was a good one it wasnt as good as the 06/07 one. Galway like at senior level should be doing alot better with the talent at their disposal.

Hill16 Blues

Dublin minor team is best minor team we've produced in long time. They struggled during early stages of 2nd half v Galway but should have been out of sight by then. Still won the game having turned it around and scored some super scores. Prior to that they had steamrolled Leinster and hammered Cork team from start to finish in q/f keeping Cork scoreless in 1st half. When was last time that happened to any Cork team?

Tipp appear to be good team but would be very surprised if Dublin don't have enough to win. A bit like the seniors the s/f willl stand to them. Also to note we have 7 players on panel and 4 on starting 15 who were on minor hurling team. These guys have had tough 6 weeks but have had just the football to concentrate on last 2 weeks since minor final.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on September 16, 2011, 09:53:07 PM
Dublin minor team is best minor team we've produced in long time. They struggled during early stages of 2nd half v Galway but should have been out of sight by then. Still won the game having turned it around and scored some super scores. Prior to that they had steamrolled Leinster and hammered Cork team from start to finish in q/f keeping Cork scoreless in 1st half. When was last time that happened to any Cork team?

Tipp appear to be good team but would be very surprised if Dublin don't have enough to win. A bit like the seniors the s/f willl stand to them. Also to note we have 7 players on panel and 4 on starting 15 who were on minor hurling team. These guys have had tough 6 weeks but have had just the football to concentrate on last 2 weeks since minor final.

Not too sure how good Cork were this year or if they are a good yardstick for Dublin to be measuring themselves against.
After all Tipp put up a score of 3-11 against Cork ( Dublin scored 1-11).

mannix

Best of luck to Tipperary , it would be nice to see them win.

INDIANA

Best of luck To Tipp. Sure the rest fo the country wants them to win anyway. We're just going for the day out.

Pressure on Tipp really.

Tipp's to lose.

Blowitupref

Quote from: INDIANA on September 17, 2011, 12:55:17 AM
Best of luck To Tipp. Sure the rest fo the country wants them to win anyway. We're just going for the day out.

Pressure on Tipp really.

Tipp's to lose.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Onlooker

Quote from: INDIANA on September 17, 2011, 12:55:17 AM

Pressure on Tipp really.

Tipp's to lose.
How could it be Tipp's to lose.  Are we not up against the best Dublin Minor team for over 25 years.   We will give it a rattle, but it sure won't be easy.   Best of luck to the Tipp lads tomorrow.  They have given us a real adventure this year and desrve their day in the sun tomorrow.  Win, lose or draw this has been the best year for Tipp football for a long long time.

Milltown Row2

This Dublin team are massive, and great footballers.

Game over I think here already, but they have come back from big scores in the past
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Massive improvement by the Dubs in this game (only scored 1-11 v Galway) apart from the flying start Tipp have been disappointing.

HT Dublin 1-10 Tipperary 2-2
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ardchieftain

Any score updates ? The tv3 reception here is just static for the most part.
VERY ANNOYING

ross4life

Big improvement by Tipp in this half 49 mins gone Dublin 1-13 Tipp 2-8