Owen Mulligan- The End!

Started by Norf Tyrone, July 14, 2011, 10:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on July 14, 2011, 10:50:39 PM
I had to be scraped off the floor when I heard that news.

9/10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

snippets

IF this rumour proves to be true then this could be ultimately be the deathknell to Tyrones chances this year, because when Marty P and others will take the point in Croke Park Eoin will take his goal - possesses big game mentality.  Rumours of small personality clashes with the management over the years, had heard opinions voiced earlier that it looked like the management were almost punishing him, so maybe he is right to walk away.  A class act, very undervalued and certainly should be starting Tyrone games.  Mulligan was not slowing up in fact he was in tip top shape and is a year younger than Mc Guigan etc. Hope this man management issue can be resolved fast. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Fuzzman

Amazed myself when I heard last night but wonder is it because after last Saturday he thought Mickey is finally choosing now to give the younger lads a go and so he thought here am I busting my ass and in great shape and is it just to for the odd 10 mins here and there. I don't know, I'm just speculating. Dangerous I know.

He's been an awesome player for Tyrone over the years and one which in my eyes Mickey has managed well as he's not in Mickey's usual hard working, clean living ethos but as Harte said in his last book you have to respect people for who they are and give them space to be the person that they are.

He certainly give me a great amount of enjoyment over the years scoring goals in big games. I took my nephew (from Derry) to his first game in Croker and he got to witness that great Mugsy goal v the Dubs in 2005.

Jimmylong

Fair play to him, he's done it all, doesnt need to sit on a bench in Longford on a sat evening.  He has a business to run now and priorities will prevail. 

A great player, and a delight to watch.

All the best kid

Siggy

Spitting the dummy out in the middle of a campaign is scandalous behaviour.

As part of the panel he should have shown some respect to the rest of his colleagues.

Club Rossa

Siggy,we don't know the exact reason why he has left the panel but if it is for footballing reasons then you make a valid point.
Maybe it's something else that has triggered this decision.
Either way i hope Mickey Harte can persuade him to return.

under the bar

Mugsy guarantees himself a starting place against Wicklow (or that other wee diddy team!)  :D ;D

JHume

Sad to see Mulligan go.

As someone said, he has the big game mentality.

I suppose this is part of the price of giving youth its fling.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ziggysego on July 15, 2011, 01:12:53 AM
Quote from: maggie on July 15, 2011, 01:03:18 AM
Hope he sticks it out for the rest of the championship anyways. But will always remember him for that goal against Dublin and his legacy will surely be the whole wave of bleached blonde mugsy wannabes.

For me, the moment I'll remember him for, is the pass he gave to Canavan in the 2005 All-Ireland Final, which ended in the goal.

Didn't realise you were a basketball fan Ziggy!

Bizarre timing if this story is true. He's been as uninvolved in previous seasons has he not? A colourful character, he made the GAA in Ulster a more interesting place.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rossfan

Strange time to go .
He was a good one alright.
I wonder how many more of his long term colleagues will follow him?
If things go wrong this Sunday we might be playing the Mountainy men of Wicklow yet on the long weekend  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

leaveherinsir

If i remember there was a thread of about 20 pages on Jordan's retirement a while back, so i would take with a pinch of salt.
P.S. you Tyrone men got any plans for Sunday then!?!   :D :D

squire_in_navy_slacks

Savage player...................gave us dubs some pain over the years.......................class player though, and best of luck to him, however all things considered and taking into account gentleman mickey hartes hard year so far, I think everyone on that team deserves to give him everything...................mr mulligan should have took his medicine

Over the Bar

No doubt Mickey has Mugsy's mentor Peter the Great on the job.  Probably having the discussion that starts "You'll be a long time retired...." around about now.

Gaffer

Who does Mugsy think he should be on before , I wonder.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

muppet

Quote from: Gaffer on July 15, 2011, 07:38:09 PM
Who does Mugsy think he should be on before , I wonder.

Beyonce.
MWWSI 2017