An Mhí v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 10, 2011, 07:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Kavanagh was running very long leads as they'd say in aussie rules.
30/40 yard runs from the FF line out.
King doesn't have anything like the sustained running ability needed to keep up so Kavanagh was 5 yards in front every time he ran out towards the wing.
He made a big difference when he came on.
Emmet Bolton scored a goal and a point while Seamus Kenny was off the field with a blood injury.
These are the small things that tight games hinge on.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

I thought King did a decent enough job on Kavanagh. Jimmers does look like he is coming back to some sort of form though which is promising from a Kildare point of view. He'll probably come in for Kelly the next day. I'm sure Robbie will be a bit disappointed with his performance. I think he's more effective in a central position because he lacks pace.

Menton was a big loss for Meath. If they get David Bray back and blood the likes of Newman and Dalton jnr during the league than they'll be a force next year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mup

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 16, 2011, 12:21:23 AM
jaysus talk about lowering the tone.................. micka the dub and mup, grow the hell up will ye........................that soccer shite and bigotry has no place in the Gaels game  ;) seriously all that west brit nonsense, give it a rest

Ah lads relax. it was only a bit of banter. Hence the wink smilie at the end.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 17, 2011, 09:24:31 PM
I thought King did a decent enough job on Kavanagh. Jimmers does look like he is coming back to some sort of form though which is promising from a Kildare point of view. He'll probably come in for Kelly the next day. I'm sure Robbie will be a bit disappointed with his performance. I think he's more effective in a central position because he lacks pace.

Menton was a big loss for Meath. If they get David Bray back and blood the likes of Newman and Dalton jnr during the league than they'll be a force next year.

I dunno what the story is with him but we need at least one tight-marking corner back.

squire_in_navy_slacks

s kenny was massive loss when he went of with a blood injury................... was his head that bad

Refs stop games for other players if they run outta puff.....................

Armaghgeddon

Kildare defenders outscored their starting 6 forwards 1-4 0-3. Impressive stuff.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 17, 2011, 10:48:15 PM
Kildare defenders outscored their starting 6 forwards 1-4 0-3. Impressive stuff.

Who needs forwards? They're overrated anyway

Dinny Breen

Total football, we're like the Dutch in the 70s, the number on your back is irrelevant  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Spillane is obsessed with this 'the 6 starting forwards only scored x number of points' nonsense.
Completely meaningless analysis that disregards substitutions (Kavanagh and Sweeney were forward subs and both got on the scoresheet).

Donnellys Hollow

Whatever about Spillane, I'd love to know what's written in that notebook that McStay has plonked up on his lap every Sunday. I reckon it's a list of basketball/rugby league/American football/Aussie Rules phraseology that he thinks he can apply to football:

"It was an absolute ripper of a mark by Doyle at the baseline, he avoided the attempted spear tackle by the Meath quarterback who was looking for the turnover, good hustle Des"

macdanger2

Spillane got in his weekly dig about players going to the gym too much when he was on about how good J Clarke is, he never forgets to mention it!!!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 17, 2011, 11:53:47 PM
Total football, we're like the Dutch in the 70s, the number on your back is irrelevant  8)

the dutch would normally score inside the first 10 mins, unlike ure lot  ;)..........................alas its the result in the end that matters

Mcstay and the rest of the pundits are doing ye no favours

Jinxy

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 18, 2011, 12:32:20 AM
Spillane got in his weekly dig about players going to the gym too much when he was on about how good J Clarke is, he never forgets to mention it!!!

Did he not say earlier on in the year that J Clarke needs to go to the gym?  ???

Declan

Impressive result from Kildare and it confirms them as third favourites for Sam. Meath put it up to them for long periods but definitely seem to lack a game plan and are dependant on individuals doing something great. Enjoyable championship game

LilySavage

Best display from Meath against us of the last 3, the game was there for them but thankfully we dug it out in the end. Very exciting  game to attend, good atmosphere in Navan.