Armagh Vs Derry

Started by Uladh, March 06, 2007, 03:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Potentially a tough assignment for Armagh. Derry don't seem to be playing with the same aggression and confidence which swept Armagh aside in celtic park last year but have the ability to beat anyone when they have the heads right.

Home advantage (!), mcgrane fit, bradley injured and a 20 minute marsden cameo should get armagh through.

5 Sams

QuoteArmagh Vs Galway

I don't think it's very fair that they have to play each other again so soon ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

full back

I thought you only played each team once in the League! ;)

Uladh

Hank Everlast

what impact will marsdens re-introduction have on the other forwards... will it be a straight forward 2man line with mcdonnell and mardsen up on their own?

Goats Do Shave

Don't think he's gonna start, reading Jo Kernan in the paper yesterday. 20 mins or the 2nd half at most I'd imagine!

Derry have been playing a very strong team thus far in their matches. I'm surprised they have started off so poorly!

I'm sure, going by their supporters past records, Mr Crozier will be feeling the pressure!?

Uladh

Can't see why goats... going by their supporters' past records, there'll be only a handful there on sunday!

bombidal

Is paddy Bradley out? Can not see confirmation any place
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Uladh on March 07, 2007, 11:46:41 AM
Can't see why goats... going by their supporters' past records, there'll be only a handful there on sunday!
You are right...I'm reading into the fans they have on this board too much...  :P

bennydorano

Armagh team

McKinney
Mallon; McNulty; Moriarity
McCreesh; McKeever; McClelland
McGrane; Lavery
P McKeever;C Vernon; Martin O'Rourke
McDonnell; Mackin; Keenan

Great to see McGrane back, not happy to see Miceal O'Rourke dropped, a genuine scoring forward, for Mackin or Keenan; neither are of the required ability IMO.  I'd be a bit worried about F Mo' in the FB line after the skinning he got in the Sigerson final. 

Spiritof98

Is Peader Toal injured or has he been dropped, Nippy also??
I'll go back if Marsdens back

bennydorano

Uladh

Great to see McGrane back in the engine room, that should help the issues with leadership that have surfaced in previous games and he'll help bring lavery along.

Not sure whats going on in the forward line as it's difficult to follow the logic here. Keenan just doesn't have the stuff and big mackin is a trier but certainly hasn't the quality for the inside line. Micheal o'rourke is the one new lad with potential and he's inexplicably taken off in the first half the last day and dropped this week? strange. I think the consensus on toal is that he has the quality but is lacking the workrate for the half forward line. that, to me, is crying out for a run in the full forward line. toal, stevie, o'rourke would carry plenty of scoring threat in the full forward line... a threat that has been distinctly missing thus far.

The half back line is still an accident waiting to happen. there is plenty of application there but, especially with mckeever's current form, a distinct lack of quality and no creativity.

All of that said, none of those things will be expost this weekend with Derry in total disarray.

Candyman

Toal got work carried out on his ankle last weekend so maybe he's still not right??
(r maybe he's just been dropped...) ::)

Louis the Red

Surely Nippy in full forward and Peader in the corner would be a better option than Mackin and Keenan :-\