Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 19, 2012, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 15, 2012, 12:18:42 PM
Nelson hasn't changed, he was always a bigot apologising and excusing loyalist's behavior whilst ranting on about Sinn Fein/IRA. He is part of the old gaurd in the DUP which Peter hasn't quite got the balls to ditch. His Take on housing and the housing executive should make SF worry. As for this band even if they could not avoid but stop where they did they could not have been unaware of what they were playing. Bullshit McCausland.

He only joined the DUP in 2001
Perhaps old guard should have read backwoodsmen.

firestarter

They burn the polish flag because the polish are coming over here and stealing all their jobs! I wonder if those climbing up to place the flag on the bonfire have ever been in gainful employment? Its quite ironic that this attitude is often most prevelent amongst those who think manual labour is a spanish singer.

Applesisapples

No outcry about them burning our National Flag.

EagleLord

I really want to just laugh at the sad c***ts, but my sheer anger gets in the way first. I f**king hate them.

thejuice

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 21, 2012, 09:48:19 PM

Sure that's just their culture. Nothing to see here move along now.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AQMP

Quote from: thejuice on July 23, 2012, 10:29:39 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 21, 2012, 09:48:19 PM

Sure that's just their culture. Nothing to see here move along now.

Correct, it's all part of the family and tourist friendly, carnival atmosphere of the 12th.

Hereiam

Was on an easyjet flight last week and was looking through their magazine which list all the cities they fly to and what tourist attractions are on. I laughed when they had the 12th parades as an attraction for Belfast city. Its bull shit that the OO are trying to play this off as a tourist event when its a hatred fuelled sectarian march.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Hereiam on July 23, 2012, 11:13:42 AM
Was on an easyjet flight last week and was looking through their magazine which list all the cities they fly to and what tourist attractions are on. I laughed when they had the 12th parades as an attraction for Belfast city. Its bull shit that the OO are trying to play this off as a tourist event when its a hatred fuelled sectarian march.
It's no more a f**king tourist attraction. The only tourists they get are low-life Scottish loyalists from Glasgow!

BennyCake

Quote from: Hereiam on July 23, 2012, 11:13:42 AM

Presumably the OO get grants if they try and sell the 12th as a tourist attraction?

EagleLord

I seen that Donegal 'bretheren' were marching with them in Belfast. Wonder what they think of the burning of their national flag. and the same with Dublin orangemen, since the OO wanted to march in the capital.

AQMP

Nice to see the G8 tidy up of Enniskillen seems to include some nice new Orange Order flags in the Gaol Square. 

G8 provides a great opportunity to showcase the Orange Order Fermanagh to the world.

Orior

Quote from: AQMP on June 14, 2013, 12:11:34 PM
Nice to see the G8 tidy up of Enniskillen seems to include some nice new Orange Order flags in the Gaol Square. 

G8 provides a great opportunity to showcase the Orange Order Fermanagh to the world.

How on earth did that happen? I thought the whole place was locked down. If they go as far as checking man-hole covers (oh er missus) then why did they let a couple of low-brow knuckle draggers climb up a pole and fix flag to it?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AQMP

Quote from: Orior on June 14, 2013, 12:46:33 PM

How on earth did that happen? I thought the whole place was locked down. If they go as far as checking man-hole covers (oh er missus) then why did they let a couple of low-brow knuckle draggers climb up a pole and fix flag to it?

How long have you lived in the North, Orior?? ;) 

The Gaol Square (which is the main entry route to Enniskillen from the east, where the FE College and Dunnes are) has been bedecked in Union Jacks and Ulster flags for months.  The Council voted to have them removed but neither Council staff, nor the PSNI nor The Roads Service seem willing and/or able to remove them (for fear of upsetting a few of the locals??).  The Tricolours put up in Cornagrade for Easter were recently taken down (not sure if it was locals or the authorities), though I suspect they might be back up!

Applesisapples

Did they piss on them for good measure?

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians