Copa América July 1st-July24th 2011

Started by laoislad, June 30, 2011, 05:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 01, 2011, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 01, 2011, 11:21:42 AM
Quote from: attheraces on July 01, 2011, 09:57:40 AM
Quote from: paco on July 01, 2011, 09:41:08 AM
How often does the Cup of Nations be played? This used to be a problem with the Copa America, up until a few years ago it was played every 2 years, but now it's every 4. Looking forward to seeing Neymar myself, but going by what I've read in the build-up, I'm more interested to see Ganso, who also plays for Santos.

It's played every 2 years. Currently it is in even numered years, so one in every two competitions clashes with the world cup. They are changing this so that there is no clash. There will be a tournament in 2012, and then in 2013, then 2015 etc.

Wouldn't say it is a shame Mexico are sending a second string side, you can't really blame them after already having a full tournament behind them, and that full tournament is their primary football association and involves the countries in their continent.

The next one isn't until Brazil in 2015. It is now a four year as far as I know.
Okay, that makes sense then, i didn't know it had changed from the 2yr schedule when I posted.  Why do they still play the african cup of nations every two yrs - how do they fit in qualifiers for the cup of nations and world cup - do the same games count for both in world cup cycles?

$$$

laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 01, 2011, 05:02:02 PM
All the games are live on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/copaamerica

No there not..Well not in Ireland anyway.

This channel is not available in your country.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: laoislad on July 01, 2011, 06:55:31 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 01, 2011, 05:02:02 PM
All the games are live on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/copaamerica

No there not..Well not in Ireland anyway.

This channel is not available in your country.

Ah well, never mind that then. I can provide updates if you like  :P

The Worker

anyone do any bets for this?

i fancy argentina/tevez double...18/1

Forever Green

Remember Bolivia beat Argentina 6-1 not so long ago ;D

Carmen Stateside

Forever Green

Argentina looking very poor so far. This will be a massive result if Bolivia hold on

Blowitupref

Should have been 2-0 Argie keeper kept them in it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Carmen Stateside

Great goal
Di Maria would need a ball of his own.

Forever Green

Brilliant goal by. Aguero should have started but that di maria bastard really annoys me. Not saying he is a bad player but so over rated and a diving arsehole

Carmen Stateside

That Aguero cub would look well with a Liverpool shirt on him this season.

Blowitupref

That's it 1-1 TBH a drab opening game.