An Mhí Vs Gallimh,___19:00, 9/7/2011___Pairc Tailteann, An Uaimh

Started by thejuice, June 27, 2011, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Eile

Positives from this are Hanley restored to the full back slot, Bradshaw at wing back and Padraic back at 14. Joe Bergin shoudln't be playing, Matthew Clancy will be subbed, guaranteed, Hehir will have a better game hopefully, I'd have started Boyle before Clancy.

galwayman

I can't understand how Matthew Clancy is still involved at this level.I've seen him a number of times at club level as well over the last few seasons and he hasn't even stood out there in intermediate football.
Boyle and Conroy are surely better players.
It does look a bit better than the last day on paper but I still think we will do well to come within 5-6 points of Meath.

GaillimhIarthair

I suppose there were bound to be changes after the Castlebar debacle.  Good to see more of the U-21 lads getting a start.  I too would have started Boyle ahead of Clancy.  For my sins, I will go to this on Sat eve as I reckon it may be the last time we see the great PJ in the maroon and white.  Meath are no great shakes themselves but they are a little bit better than us and I think home advantage will swing it their way. 

galwayman

Yes I fear it may be the last appearance for PJ in a maroon jersey.What a legend of Galway football.
Will head to Navan myself also I think. M6 to Kinnegad and head through Trim from here?

ross4life

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 07, 2011, 09:56:00 PM

1  Adrian Faherty
2 Johnny Duane
3  Finian Hanley
4  Colin Forde
5  Gareth Bradshaw
6  Diarmuid Blake
7 Gary Sice
8  Joe Bergin
9  Fintan Ó Curraoin
10 Thomas Flynn
11  Mark Hehir
12 Matthew Clancy
13 Michael Meehan
14  Padraig Joyce

15 Cormac Bane

Those players in them positions should improve Galway 50% from the Castlebar game. Pity this game isn't on TV as it will be a better than Kildare v Laois.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tubberman

Much better balanced Galway team.
That team could well beat Meath, but the Mayo match could have seriously knocked the morale out of the Galway panel. Will be very interesting to see how they respond.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Thomas flynn just did the leaving. The hurlers never played Joe Canning at that age.

thejuice

Caomhin King marking Joyce as Reilly is not fit yet. That could be where Galway try and expose weakness. McAnerny will need another solid game as before to stop any running from deep.

I expect our MF to be O'Rourke and Meade whom one of will have to contend with Joe Bergin, who can turn in a strong performance when he's on form.

With this ref I suspect Brian Meade might run the greatest risk of getting the line.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

beer baron

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2011, 09:50:57 AM
Thomas flynn just did the leaving. The hurlers never played Joe Canning at that age.

Was that not of Cannings accord rather than anything else?My understanding was he made himself unavailable as he felt he was too young?

seafoid

Beating Meath would be better than winning Connacht.
They are quite rickety but still very confident.

squire_in_navy_slacks

jesus rte champo previews give galway no chance, unbelievable stuff, http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2011/0708/meath_galway.html             galway also 9/4 to win the game, I think they are steal with g geraghty missing  ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on July 08, 2011, 10:16:30 AM
Caomhin King marking Joyce as Reilly is not fit yet. That could be where Galway try and expose weakness. McAnerny will need another solid game as before to stop any running from deep.

I expect our MF to be O'Rourke and Meade whom one of will have to contend with Joe Bergin, who can turn in a strong performance when he's on form.

With this ref I suspect Brian Meade might run the greatest risk of getting the line.

You could change that to 'with any ref' juice.
He cannot tackle properly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

I think Galway have a better chance against meath than they would against say Wexford or Westmeath or any of the other teams thaty have lost to by a point in the last few years. Galway are not going to get beaten by 1 point by Meath.
Maybe 10 but not one. So if it is close I think Galway can pull it off.   

Lone Shark

I think Galway are a cracking bet for this one - 5/2 is a crazy price about a bad division one team playing against a bad division two side.

That Mayo vs Galway match was horrendous viewing but it was also horrendous conditions, and there is too much football in Galway for that to be their real level.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 08, 2011, 01:58:02 PM
I think Galway are a cracking bet for this one - 5/2 is a crazy price about a bad division one team playing against a bad division two side.

That Mayo vs Galway match was horrendous viewing but it was also horrendous conditions, and there is too much football in Galway for that to be their real level.

I agree with you there Lone Shark. i'd dare say even Hardy might throw a few quid on galway at those odds  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001