An Mhí Vs Gallimh,___19:00, 9/7/2011___Pairc Tailteann, An Uaimh

Started by thejuice, June 27, 2011, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ard-Rí

I couldn't predict anything other than a comfortable win for Meath.
Just a question of not following up the 2010 syndrome, scoring five goals one day and following it up with a dreadful display the next.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

thejuice

I wouldn't get carried away from what we saw last week. OK I didn't see Galway but my Dad insists they were disgracefully bad, that said we can't get ahead of ourselves. Meath ran into a Louth team that capitulated fairly easy, especially their defence.

Shane O'Rourke needs to stay in MF.

If Kevin Reilly is fit he gets No.3 back.

Shane McAnarney stays at 6.

Depending on Stephen Bray's health, we can move Paddy O'Rourke out of FF and put Joe in, with Bray in the half forward line. Graham Reilly at CHF. We could move Queeney up to 10 as well.

When is Brian Farrell's suspension up??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Meath should win it handy but then they have Banty as manager so you never know.

Blowitupref

Change of ref in this game. it will now be Michael Collins & it's safe to say he's not liked in Co Meath.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

I don't think we've been refereed by Collins since Seán Boylan's days. In fact I thought Collins had retired.

I dug out some statistics I compiled back in 2003 – they make interesting reading:

Meath's record in championship games under Sean Boylan's management to date is as follows:
Played 87, won 58, drew 11, lost 18.

This equates to a win rate of 67% or an overall success rate (if a win = 1, a draw = 0.5 and a loss = 0) of 73%

In champiosnhip games refereed by Michael Collins, the statistics are as follows:
Played 5, won 1, drew 1, lost 3.

This equates to a win rate of 20% or an overall success rate of 30% under Collins's officiation.

I'm not interpreting, just presenting.

Jinxy

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Jinxy on July 05, 2011, 07:31:50 PM
If we lose, it'll definitely be because of him.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. If it were a game we could expect to be close maybe, but if we lose to Galway I won't be blaming the referee.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on July 05, 2011, 06:49:52 PM
I don't think we've been refereed by Collins since Seán Boylan's days. In fact I thought Collins had retired.

I dug out some statistics I compiled back in 2003 – they make interesting reading:

Meath's record in championship games under Sean Boylan's management to date is as follows:
Played 87, won 58, drew 11, lost 18.

This equates to a win rate of 67% or an overall success rate (if a win = 1, a draw = 0.5 and a loss = 0) of 73%

In champiosnhip games refereed by Michael Collins, the statistics are as follows:
Played 5, won 1, drew 1, lost 3.

This equates to a win rate of 20% or an overall success rate of 30% under Collins's officiation.

I'm not interpreting, just presenting.

So if Collins reffed the 1996 Final we'd have won?

What's Joe Duffy's number?
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Jinxy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 07, 2011, 02:36:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 07, 2011, 01:41:34 PM
Exactly.
Great point.
Collins screwed us in that game too.

He did give John McDermott a penalty for his impression of a falling tree in fairness.

Worst dive ever.

Jinxy

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Jinxy on July 07, 2011, 07:01:13 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 07, 2011, 03:05:42 PM
hope galway win

I don't blame you.
You can beat them.

na its just that o'rourke annoyed me hole the last day against mayo in his analysis he said he wouldn't read to much inoi the win as galway were one of the weakest teams he ever saw then after the draw he was going on about how great a draw it was for meath as they were meeting one of the top teams in the country .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Duine Eile

Galway team named:
From Galwaygaa.ie:

The Galway team to play Meath on Saturday shows a number of changes from the team beaten by Mayo in the Connacht championship;Diarmuid Blake comes in at centre back with Fintan O'Curraoin at no 9 and Thomas Flynn at no 10 making their first apperance on the team while Micheal Meehan starts at no 13 for first time this year.

1 Adrian Faherty
2 Johnny Duane
3 Finian Hanley
4   Colin Forde
5 Gareth Bradshaw
6  Diarmuid Blake
7 Gary Sice
8  Joe Bergin
9 Fintan Ó Curraoin
10  Thomas Flynn
11  Mark Hehir
12  Matthew Clancy
13  Michael Meehan
14  Padraig Joyce
15 Cormac Bane

Meehan starting, interesting to see how he gets on, it's a big ask after such a long lay off. Still no Armstrong, was thinking he wouldn't be fit alright.

An Fhairche Abu

Doesn't have the look of a team that was months in the planning.