Munster Final 2011

Started by Kerry Mike, June 27, 2011, 12:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: blanketattack on July 04, 2011, 12:10:21 PM
Fantastic Munster Final debut for Enright. Up until he went off injured he had kept Kerrigan completely quiet. Kerrigan didn't get an inch of space off him, the only ball he got was after the ball was blocked by Tom O'Sullivan and rebounded off Donaghy's head.
Maher in only his second Munster Final was also great. His shoulder and dispossession of Canty was inspirational. He was the standout midfielder until he tired in the 2nd half.
Sheahan was probably taken off because after playing almost 60 minutes in blistering heat, covering a huge amount of ground he was surely exhausted as he wouldn't be used to that much running.It also showed great resolve by the Kerry defense to keep Cork scoreless for the last 16 minutes, when the gap was narrowed to one point.

:D :D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 04, 2011, 10:54:46 AM
Great score yesterday by Eoin Brosnan.  Your man Kerrigan has some speed about him, don't think there would be many in the game quicker than him or Darren O'Sullivan.

Is he the fashtest man in Ireland?

omagh_gael

Blowitupref

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 04, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
Bad news for Cork and the young man himself. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery.

http://gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0407111549-sheehan-injury-conformed-as-torn-cruciate/
Yeah blow bad however he's young & should be back.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Kerry Mike

Quote from: Zulu on July 01, 2011, 08:31:42 AM
Cork will win this, possibly with a bit to spare. With Brosnan centre back and Sheehan midfield I can't see how Kerry can possibly win this game. The only reason Cork may not win this game is physiological, they can struggle with Kerry at times but if you match the two teams man for man then Cork clearly come out on top.

I love this nearly crying reading it again. Are you Conor Counihan in disguise?
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

QuoteBad news for Cork and the young man himself. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery.

Hopefully he wil be back fit and well , big blow for him and Cork
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 03, 2011, 07:10:16 PM
Turf home , hay saved and Cork bate. Gotta love the summer. There is life in the Kerry dog yet.killarney rocking all day .
Jaysus boy ye have better weather down there than we do in the north!! On the game, Kerry were class to watch in the first half especially. Declan O'Sullivan has to be the best player in gaelic football right now, would be my pick if a transfer market existed. In the second half tho at times Kerry resembled a bad Derry team of recent years, sideways passing, no one moving onto the ball at pace. Brosnan drive thru the middle for that point near the end won it for them tho. Good game to watch, could be the AIF again this year.

guevara

I think a lot of people are maybe underestimating the effect that Sundays weather had on both teams but probably moreso Kerry. They put in a massive effort in the 1st half that quite simply blew Cork away at times. But saying that Cork were atrocious in patches. There mustve been a 10-15 min spell in the 1st half were they quite simply pick out any of their players no matter how simple the pass seemed.

For me Aidan O'Shea & Alan O'Connor were the worst offenders at times & although big strong lads, looked as if neither of them could kick a ball 20m. As mentioned Declan O'Sullivan was phenomenal at times and ran Corks inspirational leader Canty ragged at times. His ability to run at Corks defence allowed Kerry to carve through them at will & make playing into a strong breeze look quite easy.
Jack O'Shea is a cute hoor & his selection of Brosnan at CHB was very smart. His pace on the ball is excellent & once he opens the legs he is very hard to stop as evident by his fantastic score at the end.
Along with this Sheehans mobility in Midfield exposed O'Shea & O'Connors lazyness in tracking back

On the Donaghy issue I have no sympathy for Noel O'Leary at all. Every year he seems to be involved in off the ball stuff & to me it seemed he was deliberately trying to get Donaghy to retaliate & then made a meal of it. If your lay the way O'Leary does then sooner or later somebody is gonna give you some back. He is a fantastic footballer but at times his off the ball stuff sickens me.

Ive a feeling these two will cross paths again & would expect another close game. But think on the evidence of this game Kerry actually look a lot stronger than a lot of us thought.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Jinxy

Did you see the way the Kerry defenders backed off as Alan O'Connor was running through before he laid it off to Miskella to hit the post?
They wanted him to shoot.
That's how bad a kicker he is.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Off the Ball, Newstalk, were in Glenbeigh last night. Just listened to it there online. Very good. Donaghy and Darren O'Sullivan were on it, and Darragh O'Sé and Killian Burns. Great auld slagging.

zoyler

Apart from a great game was it not terrific to see the crowd on the pitch after the game - Why was this allowed ?- do they not fall over and sue down in Kerry ? or was it too expensive to bring a load of heavies down from Dublin with the orange pastic to keep people off the pitch!

AZOffaly

My feeble excuse for stupidly tipping Cork here... (Plus smug commentary on the hurling)

http://shane-sportsramblings.blogspot.com/2011/07/empires-strike-back.html