Does anyone else have any Hugo Chavez death rumours?

Started by Capt Pat, June 27, 2011, 12:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

The rumours about Hugo Chavez being dead or near dead are flying around the interwe at the moment. Does anyone have any concrete information?

muppet

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 27, 2011, 12:34:38 AM
The rumours about Hugo Chavez being dead or near dead are flying around the interwe at the moment. Does anyone have any concrete information?

He played 70 minutes for Galway today.
MWWSI 2017

hsthompson

Typical retort from muppet. You aren't anything that's even approaching funny.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 27, 2011, 12:34:38 AM
http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete.html
;)

Denn Forever

From RTE

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez, who is in Cuba following emergency surgery, is in a stable condition and senior allies have dismissed reports that he is sicker than the government admitted.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0626/venezuela.html

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lurganblue

I don't know about Chavez but the other week I heard two rumours that ronaldinho was dead. Then I went to the Chinese and over heard two girls saying they couldn't believe he was dead. Searched the Internet but couldn't find anything. How does shite like this get started

muppet

Quote from: hsthompson on June 27, 2011, 01:43:01 AM
Typical retort from muppet. You aren't anything that's even approaching funny.

You, of course, are a beacon of wisdom.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 27, 2011, 08:09:16 AM
From RTE

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez, who is in Cuba following emergency surgery, is in a stable condition and senior allies have dismissed reports that he is sicker than the government admitted.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0626/venezuela.html

Just how sick was the government?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ludermor

whiskeysteve

This reminds me of the Barry Chuckle death rumour, I found Keith Richards' tribute particularly touching:

Barry Chuckle Found Dead in Belfast Brothel
Posted by Philip Collins on January 9, 2008

Children's entertainer – and one half of the comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers – Barry Chuckle was found dead in a brothel in Belfast today.

The PSNI have so far ruled out foul play and believe Mr Chuckle died of a massive heart attack during a particularly vigorous sexual act with a 53-year-old local prostitute affectionately known as 'Stinky'.

The brothel in question is coincidentally the very same one in which jazz musician Glen Miller died nearly half a century ago.

Younger brother Paul (79) is said to be distraught as the pair were about to start filming the latest series of their Chucklevision television programme.

The immensely popular Chucklevision is the BBC's longest running children's TV programme, and the new series would have been the brothers' 52nd.

Over the years however, the pair have been subject to much criticism. In the late seventies, Tory politician Enoch Powell called for the brothers to be arrested for treason after they famously holidayed in the south of France. They were also regularly criticised by disabled groups for allegedly making light of the issue of serious head injury in their patented slapstick routines.

Yet Barry and Paul have also retained much support among the British public, and can count many famous figures among their fan base. The Queen in particular has been a Chuckle enthusiast ever since the boys started out back in the late 40s, when they were credited with helping cheer the country up in the immediate post-war era. In 1996, in recognition of their efforts, the brothers were awarded an OBE between them.

Today the Queen was the first to send a message of condolence to Barry's family: "Barry along with his brother Paul, was one of the most important comedians to ever come out of this great country we call Britain. When it came to the Chuckle Brothers we [sic] were most definitely amused."

Amongst the celebrities to send their condolences were Little Britain creators David Walliams and Matt Lucas: "No other comedians have influenced our humour more than Barry and Paul, if there had been no Chucklevision then there would have been no Little Britain. It's as simple as that."

Keith Richards also spoke of his deep respect for Barry Chuckle, having spent many hell-raising years together: "Me and Barry got up to some crazy shit alright – I remember that one time we battered that priest. Happy days. I'll miss him. Rest in peace, you ol' bastard."
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Dougal Maguire

Holy God, for a minute I thought this thread was entitled Hugo Duncan death rumours. Imagine my disappointment
Careful now

thejuice

So what do people here make of Hugo Chavez?

I have seen and read many conflicting portrayals of the man. If you watch Fox news he's a despot, a madman and a threat to world peace.

If you watch John Pilger or Oliver Stones documentaries he's the peoples man, the leader from the Barrio, the true face of democracy in South America, unmoved by money unlike his Washington counterparts as well as the Venezuelan oil drenched political  opposition.

Fox news criticised him "for not having Americas interests at heart." Well unless you were the president of the USA why should you?? Fear of a bullet in the head perhaps?

At the same time he seems to be cut from the same cloth as Castro and a military man who did lead a failed bloody coup in the early 90's.

So which is he?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I get the impression he is a bad man, but better than what the Yanks would like in his place.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016