Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: LeoMc on July 11, 2011, 12:16:21 PM
Do you want to see Conor Gormley or Aidan Cassidy break their leg if the tyrone County board don't handle the Tyrone ladies final to your liking?

How is that even relevant? Neither of those players was involved in the Club Ladies' final.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 11, 2011, 12:11:09 PM

Lads I wouldnt even bother replying to EC's comments. It's not worth the time.
We've an Ulster final to think about....lets not let some muppet ruin the occassion for us.

Feck me - ruin the occasion?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LeoMc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 11, 2011, 12:29:59 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 11, 2011, 12:16:21 PM
Do you want to see Conor Gormley or Aidan Cassidy break their leg if the tyrone County board don't handle the Tyrone ladies final to your liking?

How is that even relevant? Neither of those players was involved in the Club Ladies' final.

Only picked those 2 because they were linked to the 2 clubs involved (I know, separate associations). I was only trying to highlight EC's using the Derry Co board to justify his ill will to Bradley (likeable fellow that he is).

DennistheMenace

Why anyone would want Lynch to move from HF to FF line to replace the void of skinner I don't know. Derry need men being able to break the tackle and more importantly shoot from range against the Donegal system and Lynch (and kielt) is one of our best at kicking from 40+ yards.

Derry by 2 in a very unexciting but tense game.

Hope mccloy isn't on Murphy..

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 11, 2011, 01:40:29 PM
Why anyone would want Lynch to move from HF to FF line to replace the void of skinner I don't know. Derry need men being able to break the tackle and more importantly shoot from range against the Donegal system and Lynch (and kielt) is one of our best at kicking from 40+ yards.

Derry by 2 in a very unexciting but tense game.

Hope mccloy isn't on Murphy..

After what happened in the League match in Celtic Park, if he is then Brennan instantly becomes the dumbest manager in the history of sport

imtommygunn

Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2011, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: sheamy on July 11, 2011, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2011, 09:51:18 AM
A bit of Karma at work here. He should not have been near a pitch this year anyway.

A fairly disgusting comment about an amateur player who is a massive loss to his club and county. Consider also the fact the lad may be on crutches for a long while and have to undergo an operation with upheaveal in personal and employment front and you resort to calling it karma. Eoin served 6 months suspension for his part in the incident I assume you are referring to and openly apologised accepting his actions were completely wrong. Shame on you.

No. Shame on the authorities for not giving him at least a 12 month suspension. In his 6 month suspension what games of any meaning did he miss? I stand by what I said. He should not have been on a pitch.

Good man - as if the first comment wasn't bad enough you go on and follow up with this. You're some boy.

I would share the opinion with some other that this MAY not have as big a bearing on the game as some thought. It very much chanegs the dynamic of it mind.

Strangely Derry people are quite negative about this. They usually overhype their team. Kielt , Muldoon and Lynch can kick long points and Skinner would not have had time to breathe. The way to beat Donegal will not be in the FF line- it will be in the HF line.

It will be very interesting to see who goes on in place of Skinner.

I think McCloy's days are numbered in a Derry jersey so doubt he'll be marking anyone never mind Donegal's danger man.

HiMucker

Skinner is a blow, and feel sorry for him for missing the final considering the part he played in the semi, but have to agree with most others that the winning of this game rests with the half forwards.  If Derry can gain a strangle hold in midfield like they done against Armagh, then I think that Donegal will have to rely on too many turn overs to win (something they do very well with system they employ).  Tyrone I think are the only team i have seen to get destroyed in midfield but win. (sometimes comfortably).
Away with all the political correctness, its better when you risk getting egg on the face!  I think Derry will dominate the middle and win by 4 or more.  Doire Abu  :)

skeog

eoin got his suspension cut as he was  entitled to do under the rules of the gaa

ONeill

Was Paddy Bradley a member of the squad in 98? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/14068365.stm

Just wondering as it's some bad luck for both Bradleys to miss out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DoireGael

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2011, 09:50:12 AM
Was Paddy Bradley a member of the squad in 98? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/14068365.stm

Just wondering as it's some bad luck for both Bradleys to miss out.

Nope P.Bradley didn't make his first appearance until 1999. So no Ulster medal. Runner up in 2000

Big Enda is the last man on the panel from the 1998 winners

Fuzzman

I am certainly no fan of Skinner or even Paddy as they're from the "Dark" side as we would say in Tyrone.
Both are excellent players though but you gotta say can be very arrogant, especially Eoin of late. I think Paddy might have matured a bit.
However, I feel sorry for both of them this year as they have been waiting for a long time to play in an Ulster final and finally when their team gets to one both are out injured.
Of course if they were meeting Tyrone in the final I'd be hugely relieved but I do feel sorry that they got such bad injuries and EC's comments certainly are out there on his "Unigue" own in my eyes.

I know he was away out of line during that incident and others too but I would never wish such a fate on anyone.

It will certainly change the shape of the game now I think but it might not be a bad thing for Derry as it has been their downfall for year with teams all set to put a defensive wall around the 2 Bradleys and so  Derry had no plan B. This team they have to start with a Plan B and have a plan C ready as well.
Donegal will be second guessing now how Derry will play but if they can get Murphy and McFadden good ball then I think Donegal will come out with a victory. It could be tight though

The Stallion

Donegal have no chance of winning, even without Skinner.

Derry have no shortage of quality forwards, I predict a couple of goals for Derry in a comfortable victory.

HiMucker

Quote from: The Stallion on July 12, 2011, 12:56:25 PM
Donegal have no chance of winning, even without Skinner.

Derry have no shortage of quality forwards, I predict a couple of goals for Derry in a comfortable victory.
I hope this prediction is as accurate as your last one!

Offalylad

What exactly did Bradley do to get that suspension?

HiMucker

Quote from: Offalylad on July 12, 2011, 01:56:18 PM
What exactly did Bradley do to get that suspension?
He hit a referee.  With what force is debatable