Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

I don't like the team tbh. Toner will be a big miss but how many times in last three years have we played a defender as a forward and how often has it worked. I would have had mackin in midfield and started Grugan at least.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

BerfArmagh

Personally I think Billie Joe is unlucky to lose hos place the ball going into the FF line the last day was non existent. I certainly think Brian mallon has had numerous chances & has failed to deliver. I would also be a fan of Lavery, he puts in a good shift, it will be interesting to see how he plays over 70mins. I would have played duffy in the HF line, not Dyas....

Good luck to the lads saturday night, am looking forward to it

brokencrossbar1

A bit underwhelmed by the team to be honest.  The defence is fine.  Lavery will do ok but to my mind is not as good as Toner so we are weakened there.  Wicklow have a strong running MF if I recall.  In the forwards though you have a defender and MF in the HF line and neither Mallon nor MOR are consistently chipping in with enough scores at this level and that puts a massive onus on Stevie and Jamie.  I know the management's hands are tied to an extent but this would have been an ideal opportunity to try out Grugan or McParland at intercounty championship level. 

Still and all if the mindset is right and there is no underestimation of the opposition then we should win by 3, if we start poorly and let them get up a head of steam it will be tough.  they had a good win over Sligo and if the can get enough ball into Leighton Glynn and Seanie Furlong they will cause the FB line a lot of trouble. 

PAULD123

You are gonna get stuffed rotten. Wicklow will run through your half forwards and destroy you with waves of attack. Armagh will be left on their knees, embarrassed and humilated. Yipee!!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 08, 2011, 03:11:46 PM
You are gonna get stuffed rotten. Wicklow will run through your half forwards and destroy you with waves of attack. Armagh will be left on their knees, embarrassed and humilated. Yipee!!!

You worry about yer own house Paulie, not all a bed of roses there ye know ;) 

armaghniac

QuoteYou are gonna get stuffed rotten. Wicklow will run through your half forwards and destroy you with waves of attack. Armagh will be left on their knees, embarrassed and humilated. Yipee!!!

Wicklow have shown themselves better than Down, but I still think they may still not be quite good enough.

Will you come along PAULD123?  After all your own team will probably be out the championship at that stage.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PAULD123

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 08, 2011, 03:11:46 PM

Lads just a wind up. Things have been a bit slow on the boards today and I was bored so thought I'd do a bit of stirring. Both your comments are actually quite valid. We could be out, and Wicklow did beat us to our great embarrassment.

Anyway, seriously I do not see Armagh having any problem. Of course you can't underestimate any team and you only have to look at our game against Clare to see that. But even if Wicklow do surprise Armagh and compete and don't give in, then I still think that Armagh's greater talent and experience will prove critical.

Any win is a win at this stage of the qualifiers and whether it is a ten point rout or a single point relief, it does not matter and whichever it is I will be shocked if Armagh are on the wrong side of it.

Incidentally, I would come along to watch but we have visitors so I'm only allowed to go to our match. In fact I'm not even allowed to go to that but I'm going anyway.

mackers

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 08, 2011, 12:18:16 AM
Would like to have seen David McKenna start - I honesty believe he would have been better in the middle with James Lavery, and use CV's talents elsewhere. Time for Brian Mallon to stand up and deliver. Will also be interested to see Kevin Dyas in attack and Finn Mo is worth a recall. Best of luck to all on Saturday. 
So would I Rufus but I hear he's injured.....he may have started only for that. Dyas is the sort of footballer that can play anywhere and can probably play in HF as handy as HB. BJP and TK had to be dropped after the last day. I would be on for giving Grugan another shot at it but I hear he's not going well for the Nab.............his confidence seems to be low. Not convinced by the inclusion of Brian Mallon. We should have enough to squeeze through.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

stew

We should be running away with this game, I will take the win of course but in reality we should beat them by 6 or so points at least.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: mackers on July 08, 2011, 04:23:08 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 08, 2011, 12:18:16 AM
Would like to have seen David McKenna start
So would I Rufus but I hear he's injured.....he may have started only for that.

Thanks for that mackers - I was having a fit here when I saw he wasn't even in the subs.

You're right Stew, but unfortunately this Armagh team does not fill one with confidence, particularly when a victory is expected!!    :-\

anportmorforjfc

Is the game on any radio station?

Blowitupref

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 09, 2011, 07:03:17 PM
Is the game on any radio station?
Did you try Wicklow online radio?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

anportmorforjfc

anportmorforjfc

Armagh 0-00 Wicklow 0-03

Oraisteach