Roscommon v Mayo Connacht final 2011

Started by ross4life, June 24, 2011, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 03, 2011, 09:33:29 AM
I'm kinda stuck on this one, not on my prediction but whether or not I can go! :-[ I've a wedding the day/night before the game, and I really want to go to it but I don't think I will make it plus my gf wouldn't be too happy if I snuck away from her so I'll have to go against my wishes and miss it. As for my prediction I'll make it the morning of the match. ;)
That's how it starts, you need to nip it in the bud and go to the game. After you are married it will be all about how the back room or hallway needs painting and you are off to see stupid football? Either that or you will not even be with this one and it would not have mattered if you went or not.
Mayo by one or two points is my prediction.
And another thing, football matches are no place for women, it's either "oh, who's the number 13 in the blue jersey ? Or else " I thought Andy Moran was from Roscommon". And not to mention the danger of getting hit by an errant ball or getting the new hairdo ruined if it rains.

muppet

Quote from: mannix on July 03, 2011, 12:31:09 PM
I'm kinda stuck on this one, not on my prediction but whether or not I can go! :-[ I've a wedding the day/night before the game, and I really want to go to it but I don't think I will make it plus my gf wouldn't be too happy if I snuck away from her so I'll have to go against my wishes and miss it. As for my prediction I'll make it the morning of the match. ;)
That's how it starts, you need to nip it in the bud and go to the game. After you are married it will be all about how the back room or hallway needs painting and you are off to see stupid football? Either that or you will not even be with this one and it would not have mattered if you went or not.
And another thing, football matches are no place for women, it's either "oh, who's the number 13 in the blue jersey ? Or else " I thought Andy Moran was from Roscommon". And not to mention the danger of getting hit by an errant ball or getting the new hairdo ruined if it rains.

Or this one, very loudly, at an All-Ireland Football Final when tickets are scarce: "Where are their sticks?"
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2011, 12:42:27 PM

Or this one, very loudly, at an All-Ireland Football Final when tickets are scarce: "Where are their sticks?"
I nearly cried in 06 when i heard a fat yank ask how many halves were there going to be?....

Rossfan

" I thought Andy Moran was from Roscommon".

Andy not alone WAS from roscommon .. he still IS FROM ROSCOMMON  ;)and supports all his County teams even though he isnt qualified to play fro them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

I think it was the week leading up to the 1997 All Ireland Final, Mid West Radio were doing an outside broadcast somewhere in Mayo.
Paul Claffey was out on the street talking to people about the match etc...Then he spoke to this woman who informed him that she couldn't wait for the match, and yes, she had her ticket and was going to Croke Park.

As with everyone else he interviewed, he asked her to predict the final score.

I will never forget her reply......am, am ONE NIL to MAYO!!!!!!.......Even Claffey sounded stunned.

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2011, 06:07:36 PM

Andy not alone WAS from roscommon .. he still IS FROM ROSCOMMON  ;)and supports all his County teams even though he isnt qualified to play fro them.
Why do ya insist on peddlin that BS? Was chatting to a current Ballagh player recently and he said there are 3 lads in the squad who are Rossies and Andy ain't one of them.

rocco

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2011, 06:07:36 PM

If Andy Moran is that fond of the Rossies he should play for them . He never spared them anytime he played against them .

Farrandeelin

We had a discussion today, she reckons I should go if I want to go that badly... ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Any new injury worries after the weekend??

Presume Harte & McG played for Ballina?

How's Howley getting on??

mannix

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 03, 2011, 10:34:39 PM
We had a discussion today, she reckons I should go if I want to go that badly... ;D

That's a start, but please, no more discussing it. Tell her you are going and that's it. Tell her you are doing it for your county and if you make it home alive you will make it up to her before going out for pints to celebrate a great mayo win.

Blowitupref

Quote from: mannix on July 04, 2011, 12:37:26 AM

That's a start, but please, no more discussing it. Tell her you are going and that's it. Tell her you are doing it for your county and if you make it home alive you will make it up to her before going out for pints to celebrate a great mayo win.

Farra tipped a Roscommon win so the question is should he go if he believes his team will lose?   :P
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

You wouldn't catch a Kerryman asking for permission to go to a game.
Mind you most of them only go to one game a year and the missus gets a shopping trip out of it so it's probably not a big issue.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: rocco on July 03, 2011, 10:00:38 PM
If Andy Moran is that fond of the Rossies he should play for them . He never spared them anytime he played against them .
[/quote]

He can't play for Ros under GAA  rules ... unless he moved address to another town in the County and joined the club there.
He is an honourable man ( as is natural for a Roscommon man  ;))  and obviously gives his all for the team he plays for.
If all the natives of Co Mayo itself who played for Mwr over the years could say the same ..... :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

spuds

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2011, 09:27:43 AM
Quote from: rocco on July 03, 2011, 10:00:38 PM

He can't play for Ros under GAA  rules ... unless he moved address to another town in the County and joined the club there.
He is an honourable man ( as is natural for a Roscommon man  ;))  and obviously gives his all for the team he plays for.
If all the natives of Co Mayo itself who played for Mwr over the years could say the same ..... :-[
[/quote]

True, most of the other lads eased up in 2009 when "ahead"

20.06.2009 Connacht SFC SF   Mayo  3-18    Roscommon 0-7
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 03, 2011, 11:59:58 PM
Any new injury worries after the weekend??

Presume Harte & McG played for Ballina?

How's Howley getting on??

Harte,Caff and McG all started for Ballina. All did well, Harte defo not moving 100% yet. McG got a knock on his ankle again towards the end, tried to play on but was taken off because game was well over. Haven't heard how bad it is yet.