Self defence?

Started by EC Unique, June 23, 2011, 12:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

QuoteA suspected burglar has been stabbed to death while apparently trying to break into a house in Greater Manchester.

It is understood the man was attempting to get into a house in Ethel Avenue, Salford, on Wednesday night when the householder tried to defend the house.

The man, 26, is believed to have been carried away by other members of a balaclava-clad gang as they fled, before being dumped in the street.

The householder, his son and son's girlfriend have been arrested.

Greater Manchester Police said it was treating the death as murder.

The men, aged 57 and 29, and 21-year-old woman are being questioned in connection with the death.

'Shocking incident'

Police have put up a 100m cordon around the terraced house in Pendlebury, which backs on to open scrubland.

Ch Supt Kevin Mulligan, who heads Greater Manchester Police's Salford division, said: "Clearly this is a shocking incident and a man has lost his life.

"However, I can reassure the community that we will thoroughly investigate what happened last night and do not believe that members of the public are at risk.

"I would urge anyone who knows something to speak to officers from the major incident team and anyone else who has other concerns can speak to my officers, who will be providing an increased presence to provide the community with reassurance."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13885457#

Be interesting to see how this pans out. A group of balaclava wearing thugs try to break into a house, one gets stabbed by house holder, dies and house holder up on murder charge? It will never stick. Good enough for the thief!

Nally Stand

Shows what the low lives were made of when they dumped one of their own in the street after he was stabbed. Scumbags.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AQMP

They haven't been charged with anything...yet.  You are allowed to use "reasonable" force to defend yourself, your family and your property.  It all depends on the circumstances and I suspect that's what the peelers are currently investigating.

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on June 23, 2011, 01:13:20 PM
They haven't been charged with anything...yet.  You are allowed to use "reasonable" force to defend yourself, your family and your property.  It all depends on the circumstances and I suspect that's what the peelers are currently investigating.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people on this thread later on who know exactly what happened and what needs to be done ::)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: deiseach on June 23, 2011, 01:36:44 PM
Quote from: AQMP on June 23, 2011, 01:13:20 PM

I'm sure there'll be plenty of people on this thread later on who know exactly what happened and what needs to be done ::)
:D

stew

You have sc**bag hoods breaking into your home, you have a young woman in there with you, I would do everything in my power to stop them bastids from getting in and doing who knows what.

No way these people will serve time, they dont deserve to.

The fcuker got what was coming to him, I wonder how many other people he has violated in his time, the world is a better place because he will never break in and terrorize anyone else.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hardy

illdecide

They should have locked themselves in upstairs and called for the police instead of acting like Charles Bronson, that poor thief was only after a few quid for a bottle of wine and instead his poor life was taken from him by vigilantes... ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

I thought "self defence" was an American/Israeli euphemism that allows Israel to attack anybody anywhere in the world  any time they feel like it  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EC Unique

thejuice

What if a kangaroo tried to break into your house?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Quote from: thejuice on July 22, 2011, 05:09:35 PM
What if a kangaroo tried to break into your house?

You'd have to shoot EammonCa1

Eamonnca1

My claim to fame is that I know a lad from Donegal that used to live on that street.  I lived in a nearby part of town. Salford was a dangerous grip in them days and it doesn't sound like it has changed much.  Life as a student in Salford means some local scumbags standing on the street corner shouting abuse at you every time you go out to the corner shop for a pint of milk. It's the kind of town where you don't turn your back on the little shits for too long.  Salford is a hotbed of professional dole spongers who just sit around all day and do nothing but drink cider, smoke cigarettes, do drugs, watch TV, rough up the occasional student for a bit of crack, and reproduce another generation of equally useless scumbags.

It's the kind of place where you go to the shopping centre and you can't get moving because of "pram jams", hundreds of teenage mothers in shell suits standing around with their prams gossiping because they want to save money on their heating bills in the house.

You'd be walking along minding your own business and feel a stone hitting you in the side of the neck.

You'd be sitting at a bus shelter waiting for a bus and a piece of the shelter suddenly lands on you after having been pulled off by the little shits and thrown at you.

I was cycling along one day and a lad stepped out onto the road, I moved to avoid him but he stepped out closer and hit me on the head as I went past for no f***ing reason. I stood on the brakes and gave chase but he disappeared into some side alleys while a crowd of gymslip teenage mothers stood there with their children laughing their heads off like this was great crack.

I could go on all day recounting stories about them good-for-nothing wastes of time.  What a bloody awful place it is.

Tyrones own

*shakes head* Is there anywhere you haven't been Eamonn, anything you haven't experienced ? wise up FFS! ever thought of writing fiction for a living? feck what am I saying..you probably have wrote a few best sellers :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 22, 2011, 10:57:24 PM
*shakes head* Is there anywhere you haven't been Eamonn, anything you haven't experienced ? wise up FFS! ever thought of writing fiction for a living? feck what am I saying..you probably have wrote a few best sellers :D

What the hell is it with you anyway?  Why is it so hard to believe that I lived in Ireland, then England, then Amerikey? Is it really so far-fetched?