Managers Still Playing

Started by Any craic, June 16, 2011, 10:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: ck on June 16, 2011, 11:09:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2011, 10:50:23 PM
He did Hoof, i wasn't there but in fact it was our seconds :D :D

we run three teams and I believe we should really only have 2, we have the numbers but these weeks leading up to the summer 'our wee Johnny' has exams and can't make it. Has plenty of time to be on facebook updating their status but ;)

If St.Galls can't have 3 teams then no-one can!

Nah they should only have 2 . . . a 'natives' team and a rest of Ireland team! Would probably both get to the County Final too!

CountyGK

Tommy Stevenson, Armagh hurling trainer, still playing club senior football at 38!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 16, 2011, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: orchard 8195 on June 16, 2011, 06:01:15 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on June 16, 2011, 12:41:04 PM
Kildare assistant Aidan O'Rourke was playing for Dromintee last year.

Did John Toal play and manage Keady at same time?
think aidan o'rourke is still playing this yr.
Does glenn ryan play for round towers in dublin? He must be a right age now. Was an animal of a player though.

Wash your mouth out.  He is only 38.

He badly needs to ditch the white boots:

http://pix.ie/kewreeus/2313300/size/800

He must be picking up fashion tips from the Larries!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Pangurban

Mick O Dwyer still plays odd game for Waterville Juniors, free of charge, sure his enthusiasm knows no bounds

Bogball XV

Quote from: screenexile on June 16, 2011, 11:38:59 PM

we run three teams and I believe we should really only have 2, we have the numbers but these weeks leading up to the summer 'our wee Johnny' has exams and can't make it. Has plenty of time to be on facebook updating their status but ;)

Nah they should only have 2 . . . a 'natives' team and a rest of Ireland team! Would probably both get to the County Final too!
So would natives encompass all the belfast lads or just the local lads?  Maybe three teams is the right number after all.

Btw Screen, you boys could nearly field a rest of ireland team too ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Pangurban on June 17, 2011, 04:10:17 AM
Mick O Dwyer still plays odd game for Waterville Juniors, free of charge, sure his enthusiasm knows no bounds

;D

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: CountyGK on June 17, 2011, 12:19:46 AM
Tommy Stevenson, Armagh hurling trainer, still playing club senior football at 38!

What club, Clann na Gael ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Won't be long before we have a player from every county in both our teams ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fermanaghfirst

I think st galls are no different than any other club in a city, the only difference is they are successful. If you look at the other two clubs in Belfast that attract outsiders I'd say st galls have the least amount of imports. St.brigids for example currently has atleast 3 players from my county playing with their senior team. Breadagh have always attracted outsiders and have had a few players from my own county too. St. Brigids and bredagh are intact famous for having well known outsiders such as brolly, the blaneys, jody gormley, paddy heany, Thomas Niblock. So I think peOple should look at the facts and the online intercounty transfer lists before making assumptions.

St.johns also attracted our most famous player in Peter mc Ginnity! In years gone by.

tonesfirstandlast

Thats rich coming from someone from Ballinascreen  :D :D :D

screenexile

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on June 18, 2011, 09:35:13 AM

Thats rich coming from someone from Ballinascreen  :D :D :D

Ah now tfal a Bellaghy man isn't going to start lecturing me about transfers is he?? Btw we only have 2 transferred players!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2011, 11:35:20 PM
Without slagging, when was the last time St. Gall's lined out in football championship with 15 Antrim men?

No dig, btw, successful teams attract players and that's fair enough. Just curious.

Rossa won their last championship with 2 Cushendun men and I'm sure there was a non Antrim player also on that team. Before that they had a certain Dub playing for them also between the sticks ;)

Got to an Ulster Final against The Loup with Galls and Antrim players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CountyGK

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 17, 2011, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: CountyGK on June 17, 2011, 12:19:46 AM

What club, Clann na Gael ?

St Paul's Lurgan

Gold

I dont think they did. Sure Mark McCrory would have played
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Your right Gold, but he did play for Antrim for a spell, didn't he?