Cavan V Longford Qualifiers Round 1.

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 12, 2011, 06:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 14, 2011, 12:35:09 PM
QuoteMel Boucher

From Arva?

He was from Arva. His son or nephew (not sure which) is on the minor team at FF this year.

Billys Boots

Any daycent footballers from Arva, Killeshandra or Cornafean these days?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Westside

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 14, 2011, 09:27:09 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 13, 2011, 04:37:14 PM
This double header could be crazy stuff altogether. Meath cheering Longford, Cavan cheering Louth. Stone throwing, Louth ones invading the pitch, refs running for cover. Such a combination to put into the one stadium!

Well it certainly has all the ingredients of a, ahem, traditional day out.

I think the Buddys' pub was in Kilnaleck, or maybe not.

One of the Buddy Kiernan Juniors will probably be lining out in a Cavan Minor Jersey in the next year or two..

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 14, 2011, 02:06:07 PM
Any daycent footballers from Arva, Killeshandra or Cornafean these days?

There are, especially killeshandra. I expect 3 killeshandra players on the co panel next year, maybe 1 arva but no reds!

cavan4sam

What players are you putting on the panel myles?

seafoid

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4sam on June 14, 2011, 09:25:27 PM
What players are you putting on the panel myles?

I'm thinking Thomas reilly, declan mckiernan, daragh tighe and possibly Patrick king. Young bouchier from arvagh maybe but might be a bit early.

Denn Forever

The Buddys are members of the Buddy Kiernan family.  Eugene Kiernan a son, played for Cavan in the 80s I think.

The Kiernans are from Ballymachugh.  The Kilnaleck connections if from the Kiernan Mushroom enterprise which is close to Kilnaleck (so close on a bad day you can smell it).

The Kiernan's pub is located beside their piggery in Ballymachugh i.e. when going from Kilnaleck to Granard, you pass the Ballymachugh pitch and the pub is at the top of the hill beside the Kiernan residence.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Just wondering.  What will the dress code on Sunday be?  Don't Longford play in blue as well?

Our hope should be that we have to play in our provincial colours (not our second strip) so that for the game we forget that we are Cavan.  Maybe then we'll have belief in ourselves and not be weighed down by the expections of  wearing the CAVAN jersey.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Provincial colours?

I assume it will be similiar to the Tipp game and we will line out in white..

Shamrock Shore

Longford have an away white strip that I don't recall ever winning a match in.

Wore it in the Laois match recently.

Qwerty28

Think we wore it against Tipp in qualifiers in 2006, resounding home win that day! After that, cant think of any luck we've had wearing it!

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2011, 11:40:41 AM
Longford have an away white strip that I don't recall ever winning a match in.

Wore it in the Laois match recently.
how many matches would they have won in the default jersey?   

mylestheslasher

The last time Cavan played longford did they both wear their home jersey. Pearse park 2 years ago I think. I was at it but can't remember

Shamrock Shore

Oi Seafoid! Less of that lip or our inner peace may be compromised!

In breaking news Longford have won the toss for home jerseys so thereby increasing our chances of winning exponentially!