The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

That hammering puts Ireland at the bottom of the table on net run rate. If the West Indies hammer Bangladesh tomorrow that might drop Bangladesh to the bottom again.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

fearglasmor

Only two real pastings, but a hugely successful tournament for the irish cricketers.
Well done.

8)  8)  8)

stephenite

Great tournament from an Irish perspective, would be great to see a very high profile crciket name come in as the new coach - keep the profile od the game up, Warnie?

Slightly addictive One day cricket game online for anyone interested

http://stickcricket.foxsports.com.au/

Norf Tyrone

QuoteGreat tournament from an Irish perspective, would be great to see a very high profile crciket name come in as the new coach - keep the profile od the game up, Warnie?

Phil Symonds, the West Indian, is the new coach isn't he?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stephenite

Could well be, I've just been watching the games when I can, Aussies are a bit up their own arses when it comes to Cricket coverage, all delighted we're doing well but a bit patronising.

magpie seanie

A great tournament for Ireland and unlike some I could mention Ireland achieved its goals at this World Cup. Some of the condescending shite from the Sky commentators was annoying but the abject poverty of the English teams performances more than made up for that.

Can't see the Aussies losing the tournament.

fearglasmor

Just wondering what happens if Ed Joyce doesn't make the English squad anymore. Can he or would he undeclare back to Ireland.
I think the International cricket board should change the rules so that a limited number of players from the full member countries can play for associate members but the reverse should not be allowed. It makes no sense if they are trying to promote the game in the weaker counties, I mean countries, that the best players in those weak countries defect to established full member countries. While the impact of Brey, Johnston, Langford-Smith and Botha has been hugely positive for the Irish game.
Hurling should follow suit when it goes professional !!

Although we could have done without Langford-Smith's celebratory routine.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Star Spangler

QuoteAussies are a bit up their own arses when it comes to Cricket coverage,

Just when it comes to cricket coverage??  :D

tyroneboi

Quote from: stephenite on April 18, 2007, 11:30:11 PM
Great tournament from an Irish perspective, would be great to see a very high profile crciket name come in as the new coach - keep the profile od the game up, Warnie?

Slightly addictive One day cricket game online for anyone interested

http://stickcricket.foxsports.com.au/

there is a harder one at www.stickcricket.com and it is very addictive indeed.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B