A fatty's challenge

Started by onefaircounty, June 07, 2011, 01:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

Quote from: haranguerer on June 13, 2011, 01:29:42 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on June 13, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Not playing football but you're right, it's about toning and gaining muscle mass for myself.

Have a few hours to kill here when I should be for the gym, I'm feeling lazy though.

f**k it, dont bother. Sure havent you started this thread, if that doesnt demonstrate commitment nothing does.

;D Had a preminition I'd get shouted at so I went. Did weights tonight, a mate has done out a programme for all the muscle groups. Not heavy weights because I've never done them before, bug high reps, found some quite tough anf other ones not too bad, so will have to adjust weights accordingly.

maggie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 12, 2011, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: maggie on June 08, 2011, 12:45:56 PM
I would like to lose between half a stone and a stone before the summer. Zero motivation but I have started a dance class twice a week. Did the gym put u in contact with the PT??
Summer 2012 Maggie?
I'm trying to shed a few pound at the minute too (althought I'm not nearly as fat big boned as I was) but I find that you can increase exercise and decrease intake and lose weight but there comes a point when it stops coming off despite the fact you're still following your healthier routine. Has anyone a solution to this?

No, smartass- July 28th is my target....
Granted I'll need a bit of a miracle but even if i shift a bit of excess baggage.

downgirl

Started Slimming World yesterday, doing it by myself as there are no classes nearby, my friend has done it and she lost like 4lbs the first week and 1-2lbs in subsequent weeks.  Also do step aerobics 2/3 times a week, found a nice wee set of free workouts online 2 for step and one is just a cardio one, worth checking out if you don't want to be heading to the gym www.jennyford.com

gander

Quote from: tintin25 on June 13, 2011, 01:50:05 PM

Trying to lose abit of beef myself and tone up.  Not what you would call fat, about 76/77 kg and 5'10.  Tend to head to the PEC a few times a week and then abit of GAA training.  Used to do Body Pump which I thought was great, but the PEC doesn't run them classes unfortunately.

Anyone know of anywhere that does, where I could pay at the door?

LA fitness run that sort of thing but you might have to be a member.  Is the body pump worth while or is the spin better?

onefaircounty

Quote from: downgirl on June 14, 2011, 09:29:24 AM
Started Slimming World yesterday, doing it by myself as there are no classes nearby, my friend has done it and she lost like 4lbs the first week and 1-2lbs in subsequent weeks. 

Read somewhere that week one and two usually bring a few pounds off, but three and four usually see no weight or a slight increase due to water retention. Hence a lot of people giving upn after apparently putting the weight back on in week three and four when apparently it's natural.