A fatty's challenge

Started by onefaircounty, June 07, 2011, 01:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Give this a go.

http://www.braveforce.ie/

and be sure to give a wave in the kitchen window to me mother as you go by. If your lucky she might even bring a cuppa out to ya.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

bennydorano

I cycled like mad last year without changing my eating habits, lost about half a  stone. Been giving it a real go since february, flat out cycling & cutting out the junk food, down about 1.5  stone since.  Starting to lose the enthusiasim for denying myself the grub thou.

onefaircounty

Eating shite and drinking over the weekend has been a blot on an otherwise good week.

Went to the gym and di a few interval training sessions and tried to push myself harder than I ever had. Also, for shits and giggles, i decided to give the easy stairmaster five minutes before I left just so I could laugh at women who said it was tough. Jesus it was, the backs of my legs were on fire.

The PT did a boxercise session with me, was really difficult I have to admit, was a tough session. In my breaks between boxing combos she had me on the bike - was tired after it.

What about protein shakes and all that jazz, is that bullshit or good for you or what?

Have really cut out thge sugar in recent weeks, bar the weekends when I am as bad as ever.

Also, my sleep patterns are a bit up the left, want to sort that too.

lurganblue

I've only recently started using protein based drinks after what I consider to be a very hard training session whether with football or road running. I use it to help me recover quicker so I can train more effectively. I find it helps but then it might be all in my head

pintsofguinness

You're 75kg and 5"10 and you're looking to lose weight?????? Wtf?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maggie on June 08, 2011, 12:45:56 PM
I would like to lose between half a stone and a stone before the summer. Zero motivation but I have started a dance class twice a week. Did the gym put u in contact with the PT??
Summer 2012 Maggie?

I'm trying to shed a few pound at the minute too (althought I'm not nearly as fat big boned as I was) but I find that you can increase exercise and decrease intake and lose weight but there comes a point when it stops coming off despite the fact you're still following your healthier routine. Has anyone a solution to this?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

onefaircounty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 12, 2011, 10:53:11 AM
You're 75kg and 5"10 and you're looking to lose weight?????? Wtf?

No muscle mass. All on belly, weight is probably about right - just in wrong places.

flantheman82

I really wish I had your problem. I'm 6ft2 and 15st 6 and climbing. Am on call a lot with work so struggling to fit in club training with matches too. Joined the gym before christmas but got bored after a month or two.
Bit the bullet this week and signed up for the spin and tone class at the gym. Not sure what to expect but need to lose some weight off the belly soon or I'll have to start buying new clothes.
Any tips?

onefaircounty

Quote from: flantheman82 on June 12, 2011, 04:10:39 PM
I really wish I had your problem. I'm 6ft2 and 15st 6 and climbing. Am on call a lot with work so struggling to fit in club training with matches too. Joined the gym before christmas but got bored after a month or two.
Bit the bullet this week and signed up for the spin and tone class at the gym. Not sure what to expect but need to lose some weight off the belly soon or I'll have to start buying new clothes.
Any tips?

Did first spin class the other week and it was one of hardest workouts I've ever done, if you can do this class reguarly it'll fly off you. You can cheat in this class, no point.

Wee things in my diet have been easy to change., In the mornings I used to take coco pops or some guff, now I take weetabix without sugar, it's lovely. Also I''ve cut down massively on coffee.

robertemmet

Been cycling for about 2 years now, best way ever of losing weight.  Especially if you really push yourself and try and get out 2-3 times a week.

haranguerer

Quote from: onefaircounty on June 12, 2011, 04:17:17 PM
Any tips?

Did first spin class the other week and it was one of hardest workouts I've ever done, if you can do this class reguarly it'll fly off you. You can cheat in this class, no point.

Wee things in my diet have been easy to change., In the mornings I used to take coco pops or some guff, now I take weetabix without sugar, it's lovely. Also I''ve cut down massively on coffee.

If you were a stone heavier and a lot fitter you'd be better off than you are now, so its not about losing weight, its about toning up. 12st at 5.10 is light (if you're playing football)

onefaircounty

Quote from: haranguerer on June 13, 2011, 11:18:32 AM
Quote from: onefaircounty on June 12, 2011, 04:17:17 PM
Any tips?

If you were a stone heavier and a lot fitter you'd be better off than you are now, so its not about losing weight, its about toning up. 12st at 5.10 is light (if you're playing football)

Not playing football but you're right, it's about toning and gaining muscle mass for myself.

Have a few hours to kill here when I should be for the gym, I'm feeling lazy though.

mannix

Ask someone in the gym to show you some compound exercises, they work a lot more muscles in a lot less time and will make you stronger, a lot stronger. That and running are the fastest way to see results. Getting your diet right is the other half of it.
Always say to yourself that you are wasting your time unless it's done right, you will start to think differently after a week or two of saying it.

haranguerer

Quote from: onefaircounty on June 13, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Not playing football but you're right, it's about toning and gaining muscle mass for myself.

Have a few hours to kill here when I should be for the gym, I'm feeling lazy though.

f**k it, dont bother. Sure havent you started this thread, if that doesnt demonstrate commitment nothing does.

There are various thories about best way to get fit/lose weight etc etc, but for the vast majority of people they're irrelevant. If you try to eat healthier and work hard, no matter what routine you're following, you'll get fitter

You need to get into to a routine of going to the gym. Its hard to start, but once you're in it, its easy to maintain.

I'd also say time everything or record reps. That is, never go on a run without timing it, try to match the time or beat it the next day, same with reps. Its easy to believe you're pushing yourself hard when you're not, the watch never lies.

tintin25

Trying to lose abit of beef myself and tone up.  Not what you would call fat, about 76/77 kg and 5'10.  Tend to head to the PEC a few times a week and then abit of GAA training.  Used to do Body Pump which I thought was great, but the PEC doesn't run them classes unfortunately.

Anyone know of anywhere that does, where I could pay at the door?