Mitchell, Gay
3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Sandino

How can RTE put up results on aertel within the last hour? What is going on?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

mylestheslasher

EG - to save on space I won't quote and get into one of those really interesting debates you are so used to where you dissect each post line by line. Instead I will write a couple of point.

- Is 8% swing mathematically incorrect in securing a united Ireland?
- Do you really think Sinn Fein could win the premiership? I know they have some good shot takers but they also have a leaky defence
- If the battle of the Boyne has no political relevance today, why are people wearing sashes, marching and burning bonfires?
- Do you think Newcastle Utd are up for the 32 county republic?

I've got a big green face badge for you (my wee lassie brings them home from school when she is good) if you get these right so concentrate.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 27, 2011, 05:55:39 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 27, 2011, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 26, 2011, 08:09:56 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 26, 2011, 05:35:22 PM
1 million unionists is a myth...

Doesn't prevent him from trotting it out at every (un)available opportunity though (Walter Mitty was more grounded in reality).

He'd do well to read 'Northern Protestants; an unsettled people', by Susan Mc Kay - he could learn so much about the northern prods, so much, since he's so obviously clueless about them.
Christ-on-a-bike!

No sooner have we Panurban lecturing Southerners about how much more integrity Northerners have than them, but now we have you lecturing this "northern prod" about his own community, and what we think... ::)

Susan Mc Kay is a northern prod, who's actually spoken with plenty of other northern protestants from every political hue and none in the course of composing that book (you obviously haven't read her book, on account of spouting so much pseudo-prod shite). You're remote, in more ways than one, and I know whose opinion I trust more.

Walter Mitty was a human, but that didn't stop him believing that he was superhuman, mostly.
So you, a Northern Taig, consider you can lecture me, a Northern Prod, on the thought processes of my fellow Northern Prods, on the basis of having your read some book or other?

Good for You!

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 27, 2011, 05:55:39 PMWalter Mitty was a human, but that didn't stop him believing that he was superhuman, mostly.
I have explained at length, with evidence, why I consider there to be a million Unionists in NI, give or take.

You have signally failed to address my reasoning, preferring instead to make facetious remarks about a fictional character.

Walter Mitty suffered from an over-active imagination. From the poverty of your posts, you clearly demonstrate a total lack of imagination.

Amongst other things...

P.S. Sorry, Tubberman  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on October 27, 2011, 05:22:35 PM
EG, as a proud and life-long partitionist, would you kindly refrain from clogging up a thread dedicated to the election of a foreign head of state. Thanks  ;)

Who's the partitionist?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 27, 2011, 08:52:41 PM
So you, a Northern Taig, consider you can lecture me, a Northern Prod, on the thought processes of my fellow Northern Prods, on the basis of having your read some book or other?

Good for You!

An observation, nothing more, and as otherwise noted hereon, your pollution of this thread amongst so many others similarly defiled, furnishes me with an overwhelming degree of material in order to deduce such an observation ('lecture' indeed, I wasn't even addressing you in the first instance, which is another ruse of yours in order to piss all over a thread).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

If there was a border poll and passed in the North and South. Would the Unionists kick up a bit of a fuss or would they accept the democratic will of the Irish people.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Evil Genius

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 27, 2011, 06:19:41 PM- Is 8% swing mathematically incorrect in securing a united Ireland?
What is this supposed to mean?  ???

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 27, 2011, 06:19:41 PM- Do you really think Sinn Fein could win the premiership? I know they have some good shot takers but they also have a leaky defence
No. Though Man Utd clearly can, and I think they're a bunch of c u n t s, too.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 27, 2011, 06:19:41 PM- If the battle of the Boyne has no political relevance today, why are people wearing sashes, marching and burning bonfires?
Because they're idiots with little better to do?
Because, like the late Michael Jackson, "They just can't, they just can't, they just can't control their feet"?
Because of an attachment to Buckfast?

Anyhow, you would be better off asking some of them, rather than me.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 27, 2011, 06:19:41 PM- Do you think Newcastle Utd are up for the 32 county republic?
No, but I think they're up to getting 32 points this season. Probably.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 27, 2011, 06:19:41 PMI've got a big green face badge for you (my wee lassie brings them home from school when she is good) if you get these right so concentrate.
Thank you for the offer of a badge, but I don't have a big green face.

P.S. You might ask your wee lassie to check your scripts before you post them on here, it should save you making a complete tool of yourself. Again.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 27, 2011, 08:59:02 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 27, 2011, 08:52:41 PM

Good for You!

An observation, nothing more, and as otherwise noted hereon, your pollution of this thread amongst so many others similarly defiled, furnishes me with an overwhelming degree of material in order to deduce such an observation ('lecture' indeed, I wasn't even addressing you in the first instance, which is another ruse of yours in order to piss all over a thread).
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Anyhow, what are you doing on this thread?

Do you have a vote in the Election?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 27, 2011, 09:09:35 PM

Yep, why wouldn't I?

Jonah

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2011, 09:10:23 PM
How would Unionists fancy breaking away from the Brits, joining Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal and just work away ourselves under the name Ulster?

How do Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal people fancy that?

I doubt anyone in the south would miss Cavan or Monaghan in fairness.
My aul fella is from Donegal though so we will hold on to it.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2011, 09:05:25 PMIf there was a border poll and passed in the North and South. Would the Unionists kick up a bit of a fuss or would they accept the democratic will of the Irish people.
Assuming it were properly run etc, this Unionist honestly believes they would accept it - they certainly ought to, at any rate.

That said, it's all academic, imo, since I cannot foresee it passing in NI (in my lifetime, at least), and the longer things go on before any such Polls were held, the less chance there would be of it even passing in the Republic.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

bcarrier

I went out for a pint of milk ....

As far as one can determine about people from reviewing musings on these boards  I have to say I like Pangurban and I like Hardy . As far as I can see they both think about things and dont accept the obvious . The world needs contrary people ( and I mean that as a compliment) to challenge mainstream propaganda.  I imagine in their long past playing days  :P both giving at least as they got and forgetting about it when match is over.

Anyway as far as the bust up goes I'd be about where Billys Boots is at . Michael D is probably least bad but thought Id get more mileage out of my ballot with

Dana 1, Martin 2, Michael D 3, Davis 4, Mitchell 5, Norris 6.

Meanwhile back in the real world Ireland continues to be shafted

http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/

But there's nothing of consequence for Ireland in the latest summit. Perhaps that shouldn't be surprising in a EuroZone with 330m people and a GDP of €9,200bn -our 4.6m population and €150bn GDP gets lost in the mix and it is France and Germany that dominate proceedings. But with the gross injustice of having to pay USD 1bn (€711m at today's exchange rate) to Anglo's unsecured, unguaranteed senior bondholders next Wednesday, 2nd November, it is worth having a quick review of the quality of the people who are, according to the Government, forcing us to stump up 100% of the cost of the Anglo bond, but at the same time just agreed to a 50% write-down (or write-off) of Greece's sovereign debt. They may not be "effete arseholes" but they're hardly superior geniuses either.

Rossfan

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 27, 2011, 09:12:50 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 27, 2011, 09:09:35 PM

Yep, why wouldn't I?

So neither of ye bucks ( you and EG) would have a vote in the North if the referendum on Irish Unity was held today  :) :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on October 27, 2011, 09:16:59 PM
So neither of ye bucks ( you and EG) would have a vote in the North if the referendum on Irish Unity was held today  :) :P

Erm, not necessarily...  ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2011, 09:10:23 PM
How would Unionists fancy breaking away from the Brits, joining Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal and just work away ourselves under the name Ulster?

How do Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal people fancy that?

I'd say most of the people I know from those counties would rather eat their own leg than have to join the mickey mouse parade of Stormont and friends.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.