Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 19, 2011, 10:41:52 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 19, 2011, 02:20:05 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 18, 2011, 10:52:16 PM
Quote from: LostInSpace on October 18, 2011, 10:23:36 PM
So I dont get to vote for the President of my own country, try telling black people they cant vote in America, thats what its like to me!

It's a bit more like telling black people in Canada that they cannot vote in the US elections.

So you regard the six counties as being to Ireland what Canada is to the USA....a totally seperate nation? Take it down from the mast indeed.
Actually this Irishman regards the "six counties" [sic]  neighbour as being more akin to Mexico than the USA, but no matter.

Anyhow, if we are going to stretch this analogy, we might bear in mind that Canada is "British" in terms of its Head of State and Commonwealth status etc, rather like NI; whereas the USA is independent of the UK.

Moreover, the USA broke away on the principle of "No Taxation without Representation". Therefore the converse should equally apply - "No Representation without Taxation"?

Are people like you who demand an Irish vote also going to accept eg Irish tax, health and education provisions etc?

For if I were resident in the Republic, I think I'd be seriously p1ssed off at bloody Nordies wanting it both ways...

I look forward to that day and you can be as pissed off as you like when it happens ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 19, 2011, 11:04:16 AM
Was the death eg of Billy Wright a "tragedy"? And if so, does it rank exactly the same as the deaths of those poor terrified victims whom he murdered, for no other reason than that they were Catholics?"[/i]

Considering MMcG's association with at least some of the perpetrators of these vile acts, and your unequivocal support for him, I should be interested in hearing more... ::)
would you consider people to think like that of you just because you consorted with loyalist/unionist killers as members of the northern Ireland soccer fans club etc

get real and cut out that old bullsiht where you are over reaching to try and have a go at mcguinness for any makey uppy reason you can.
if you are going to have a go, then you would be better off using the reality of that he isnt that good due to his non involvement in the south - and that he isnt going to get elected anyway!
cop on. Play the ball - that would be a nice change !

btw -Yer partition wont be around as long as you hope - but you already know that hence why you scarpered over to England ! A lot has been covered since GFA when the clock to reunification started ticking.
I see McGuinness and his inroads in his campaign being a big play to kick start that process in the south ! you know it too !!

Applesisapples

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 19, 2011, 12:00:43 PM
Nally that actually suprises me, that I used the word, becuase it does turn my stomach, but then again you do like the Free State description of people yourself.
Guys to be honest it really depends on the context whether it is derogratory, and some recent postings have been quite unnecessarily vicious.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 19, 2011, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 19, 2011, 10:45:00 AM
I for one would gladly pay my way as a fully enfranchised Irish citizen.
Actually, it's not that expensive, really...

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202289662-36.pdf

P.S. Still waiting for your reply to post #2474
Using that logic we should just ship all the planters home.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 19, 2011, 11:04:16 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 19, 2011, 09:18:32 AM
Quote from: LostInSpace on October 18, 2011, 10:56:41 PM
How do you work that one out? That sounds like something a treaty signing b**tard would say! Take it down from the mast you Brit loving ****!
I see you are new you will learn to ignore the posts of some who are partionist and generally rude about people from the North. They tend to be anti SF, selective in their view of events both in the present and in history. They act like "free staters" but hate the term and berate any one who uses it. But they have absolutely no problem referring to "nordies" in derogatory terms and like all pro treaty parties from the war of (partial) Independence see the GFA as a reinforcement of partition.

Ah, so the new guy has to learn, does he (she?).

Does this mean there is a "Hierarchy of Posters" on this Board?

Speaking of which, I note that you are now completely ignoring our own previous exchange (Pg. 161, post # 2414), when in response to your claim that there should be "No hierarchy of victims and no one more to blame than the next and every single death is a tragedy",  I asked:

"Are you honestly trying to tell me that eg an eight year old girl blown to pieces whilst helping clean the windows in her parents' shop should be treated exactly the same as eg a bomber who blows himself up with his own device?

Was the death eg of Billy Wright a "tragedy"? And if so, does it rank exactly the same as the deaths of those poor terrified victims whom he murdered, for no other reason than that they were Catholics?"

Considering MMcG's association with at least some of the perpetrators of these vile acts, and your unequivocal support for him, I should be interested in hearing more... ::)
No hierarchy of posters.
I am not an unequivocal McG or SF supporter, although there are many on this board. I have consistently argued that the Northern troubles and indeed the Irish question is more complex than many posters on here would have you believe and I include nationalist posters in that. You have a particular edited view of history which excludes anything before partition and excuses the British State of all blame whilst heaping said blame on the IRA.

Franko

I hope wonder if MGHU will go for another little period of enforced exile as is his usual form when he gets caught out talking through his hole...

Tubberman

Not sure if this is allowed  ::), but can I post something that isn't related to MMcG, the almighty SF, the IRA, Free Staters, Nordies, Mexicans, Canadians, treaty signers, Masts or Brit lovers

I don't know what sort of person would do this. I'd hope it was stupid kids who didn't realise the potential consequences of what they were doing:

Independent presidential candidate Dana Rosemary Scallon has claimed she is lucky to be alive after her campaign car suffered a tyre blow-out on a motorway.

Dana was asleep in the back seat, with her husband Damien driving, when he suddenly lost control at about 100kph, several miles from the M4 toll, on the way to Dublin last night.

Her campaign team has claimed the tyre appears to have been punctured up to 15 times, not consistent with a standard blow-out.

Dana's legal team are making statements to GardaĆ­.

"When I looked at it, it was very scary to look at," Dana said.

"I think we are all very lucky to be here today. I never start a journey without saying a little prayer and I think we are all very lucky.

"As far as I'm concerned it was a very lucky escape."

The incident happened at around 9pm last night near Kilcock, Co Kildare.

The campaign car, a Peugeot 508 emblazoned with Dana posters, had been parked outside the Landmark Hotel in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim, for several hours earlier in the day. It has 20,000 miles on the clock.

There were four people in the car including a cousin of Dana's and her brother Gerald Brown.

Mr Brown and Mr Scallon had swapped driving duties at a service station shortly after the toll plaza and neither reported noticing the car handling unusually. It had been raining along the motorway.

Mr Scallon said when the tyre blew he first swerved to avoid a lorry in front and a car behind before struggling to regain control and stop safely on the hard shoulder.

"It was quite a terrifying, horrifying moment," he said.

"When you see the tyre it kind of sends home to us what were they trying to do - injure us or murder us? Along with doing that, they could have killed someone else."

Dana had been campaigning in the west yesterday after a TG4 leader's debate, with her last engagements in Carrick-on-Shannon.

An AA roadside recovery team were called out and changed the tyre before Dana and her team returned to Dublin late last night.

Mr Scallon said: "We had no idea until today it was as serious as it is.

"The AA man really examined the tyre and said he had never seen anything like it.

"He said 'I'm not an expert but it looks like it has been interfered with. There's no explanation for it'."

Dana cancelled her morning engagements today.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/dana-escapes-injury-after-car-tyre-blows-on-motorway-524942.html#ixzz1bEKh6QBB
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

Odds drifting out on Gallagher and Michael D. shortening again on Betfair.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nally Stand

We now have this weeks Indo headline. "McGuinness denies attack on Dana's car. Poll finds 98% of people believe he should come clean"
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

Mc Guinness isn't going anywhere so why is he scoring 99% on all the posts on the thread ? 

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 19, 2011, 01:55:46 PM
Nordies? Personally I've never found that term to be offensive, heard it for years and only within the last year or so have I heard someone complain about it.
As I said above it's all in the context.

Evil Genius

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 19, 2011, 12:18:03 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 19, 2011, 10:41:52 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 19, 2011, 02:20:05 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 18, 2011, 10:52:16 PM
Quote from: LostInSpace on October 18, 2011, 10:23:36 PM
So I dont get to vote for the President of my own country, try telling black people they cant vote in America, thats what its like to me!

It's a bit more like telling black people in Canada that they cannot vote in the US elections.

So you regard the six counties as being to Ireland what Canada is to the USA....a totally seperate nation? Take it down from the mast indeed.
Actually this Irishman regards the "six counties" [sic]  neighbour as being more akin to Mexico than the USA, but no matter.

Anyhow, if we are going to stretch this analogy, we might bear in mind that Canada is "British" in terms of its Head of State and Commonwealth status etc, rather like NI; whereas the USA is independent of the UK.

Moreover, the USA broke away on the principle of "No Taxation without Representation". Therefore the converse should equally apply - "No Representation without Taxation"?

Are people like you who demand an Irish vote also going to accept eg Irish tax, health and education provisions etc?

For if I were resident in the Republic, I think I'd be seriously p1ssed off at bloody Nordies wanting it both ways...

I look forward to that day and you can be as pissed off as you like when it happens ;)
If I were so inclined , I could be resident in the Republic tomorrow, enjoying all the rights and responsibilities of any Dub or Mayoman* etc.  Why I could even adopt the demeanour of a "Mane Cavan Bastard"!

But whilst there are worse situations in which I could find myself, I don't wish to and I don't have to.

Long may that continue.  ;)

* - Though not, eg, of my fellow Fermanaghmen   
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

sheamy

Nordies? Personally I've never found that term to be offensive, heard it for years and only within the last year or so have I heard someone complain about it.

nordies, jackeens, langers...it's all good. Free staters is the best though. It's not actually meant to be an offensive term although people seem to take great offense which makes it kinda fun. It comes from tradition and habit really. Our parents would have said 'Mary, we'll go down to the free-state a run in July for the holidays. Take the kids to a caravan in Bundoran or Bunbeg and get out of the black north whilst the lunatics are running about with bowler hats and umbrellas'.

Hardy

Quote from: sheamy on October 19, 2011, 02:49:53 PM
It's not actually meant to be an offensive term although people seem to take great offense which makes it kinda fun.

That says a lot about you and your ilk.

Hardy

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 19, 2011, 01:43:35 PM
We now have this weeks Indo headline. "McGuinness denies attack on Dana's car. Poll finds 98% of people believe he should come clean"

Would you ffs stop whinging?!