Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Maguire01

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 07:33:06 PM
Isn't it great that they are all learning Irish? They be shite students though.
I wasn't convinced. It came across as very false - for the benefit of the TG4 audience, and i'm sure that was transparent to everyone.

They're all old enough to have learnt it at this stage, if they really had such a grá for the language. It's not even Dana's first time running for the post, so she clearly didn't care enough to learn it during the many intervening years.

armaghniac

QuoteIt's not even Dana's first time running for the post, so she clearly didn't care enough to learn it during the many intervening years.

She probably thought it wouldn't be needed in America.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2011, 08:27:47 PM
I wasn't convinced. It came across as very false - for the benefit of the TG4 audience, and i'm sure that was transparent to everyone.

They're all old enough to have learnt it at this stage, if they really had such a grá for the language. It's not even Dana's first time running for the post, so she clearly didn't care enough to learn it during the many intervening years.

There be irony in my post.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: muppet on October 18, 2011, 08:51:33 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2011, 08:27:47 PM

There be irony in my post.
Don't worry - I got it!

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Maguire01

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ulick

Don't dispair children the Sindo will have another 6 promising tales on the front page again for you this weekend.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 18, 2011, 09:12:06 PM
President Marty?
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-interview-that-has-come-back-to-haunt-a-presidential-candidate-2907444.html
I think not.

You're some boy. Late as well as posting articles from the Sunday Indo - which is more anti Sinn Fein than a DUP newsletter.

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on October 18, 2011, 10:15:22 PM
Don't dispair children the Sindo will have another 6 promising tales on the front page again for you this weekend.

Buy it and let lt the rest of us know. ;D
MWWSI 2017

LostInSpace

So I dont get to vote for the President of my own country, try telling black people they cant vote in America, thats what its like to me!

ardal

Which America? North or south? Then which country, if you meant one in particular.

Not sure if nrodies can or not find a leagl lop hole to vote, but if you really want to moan / cry about it, get out there and do something for a change (anybody remember "why don't you"?)