Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

deiseach

Do JJB Sports do Derry shirts?

lynchbhoy

....we wont believe it until we see PHOTOGRAPHS !!!

:D :D

Bingo

I bet he is glad that Television X promises not to show up as such on bank statements  ;D

AQMP

There are a few (4 or 5) cheques through the account and a DD to a BOI Credit Card which I suppose could be used to pay bills though it would be an odd way of doing it.  But no rent/rates/mortgage payment. OK they might own the house outright but would still be liable for rates.  As AZ says no TV licence (this could be paid in one go or maybe they don't have a telly), no insurance policies etc (these could be paid at once as well), I suppose... ???

sheamy

Quote from: deiseach on October 05, 2011, 12:46:29 PM

not a chance horse...spide uniforms only.

sans pessimism

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2011, 12:27:31 PM
Interesting move, but I think he should have released a clarification. To me that looks like an account his wife used, trips to ASDA, Vera Moda, etc. But there's one thing missing. Has he no direct debits? No Electricity, Gas, TV, Phone or anything else? No cheques seem to be written to pay for that stuff either, nor and Standing Orders. I assume his wife has an account too or they have another account that they use for that stuff, so why would he release this account? To me this is a mistake, and adds more ammunition to the conspiracy theorists that this is some sort of 'cover' account.
;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Ulick

Quote from: Tubberman on October 05, 2011, 12:38:54 PM
Ah come on, it explains fck all. He could have 20 other accounts for all we know with 'other income' in them.
I know very little about him, but I doubt greed is a word you'd associate with him. So I'm not particularly interested in getting to see his accounts, but I still don't think what he has provided will satisfy those who have major doubts.

Really? This is a man who has been under scrutiny by the RUC, MI5, MI6, FRU and Gods know what other arm of the Britsh security apparatus for the best part of 45 years. Would you not think it logical to assume if there was any hidden income, it would be known about by these agencies and therefore SF and McGuinness would be taking one hell of a risk lest it be leaked?

thebigfella

Quote from: Ulick on October 05, 2011, 12:58:08 PM
Ah come on, it explains fck all. He could have 20 other accounts for all we know with 'other income' in them.
I know very little about him, but I doubt greed is a word you'd associate with him. So I'm not particularly interested in getting to see his accounts, but I still don't think what he has provided will satisfy those who have major doubts.

Really? This is a man who has been under scrutiny by the RUC, MI5, MI6, FRU and Gods know what other arm of the Britsh security apparatus for the best part of 45 years. Would you not think it logical to assume if there was any hidden income, it would be known about by these agencies and therefore SF and McGuinness would be taking one hell of a risk lest it be leaked?

If they were any good, I think he'd be more worried than them leaking a few bank accounts.

AZOffaly

Do you think this is the only account he has Ulick? I assume his wife would have one at least, does she work outside the home?

It's probably all grand, and they are only hoping someone asks the question I asked, so they can show the wife's account, and all the bills coming out of it, and Martin's cheques being lodged in that account as well. It just does not look like any main current account I've seen. Certainly not like mine anyway :D

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2011, 01:01:11 PM
Do you think this is the only account he has Ulick? I assume his wife would have one at least, does she work outside the home?

It's probably all grand, and they are only hoping someone asks the question I asked, so they can show the wife's account, and all the bills coming out of it, and Martin's cheques being lodged in that account as well. It just does not look like any main current account I've seen. Certainly not like mine anyway :D

Aye, it doesn't look like it's massively overdrawn ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: AQMP on October 05, 2011, 01:02:26 PM

Aye, it doesn't look like it's massively overdrawn ;)

I don't do that anymore :) Not since the student days. But my account has loads of transactions on it. Sky TV, Setanta, Vodafone, Direct Debits for Mortgage and Insurance, Charity stuff, Laser Transactions, Pass Transactions, Credit Card payments. I'd say I have at least 30 transactions per month This account seems to be very quiet. 1 Deposit (like mine), then trips to ASDA and a couple of other shops, and about 5 cheques over a couple of months.

glens abu

Quote from: Ulick on October 05, 2011, 12:58:08 PM

ffs sure Malachy,Liam, Ed,Sean,or one of those other great authors would have mentioned it in one of their books :D

deiseach

Quote from: sheamy on October 05, 2011, 12:50:48 PM
Quote from: deiseach on October 05, 2011, 12:46:29 PM

not a chance horse...spide uniforms only.

Thanks for the heads-up. I demand to know what he spent there! Otherwise I'm not voting for him . . . more forcefully than I wasn't going to vote for him to begin with

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on October 05, 2011, 12:49:03 PM
There are a few (4 or 5) cheques through the account and a DD to a BOI Credit Card which I suppose could be used to pay bills though it would be an odd way of doing it.  But no rent/rates/mortgage payment. OK they might own the house outright but would still be liable for rates.  As AZ says no TV licence (this could be paid in one go or maybe they don't have a telly), no insurance policies etc (these could be paid at once as well), I suppose... ???

Rates?  Not everyone pays by DD can be paid in a lumpsum at the start, same with TV licence(if he pays for one ;)),  you would like to think at 61 he has any mortgage cleared off, maybe he doesn't have life cover as an insurance company won't cover him and perhaps he has something through the party, car insurance and house insurance can be paid in a lump sum.  This is a very simple account and shows more about him than the conspiracy theorists want to. 

glens abu

Think she runs a wee Cafe in Derry,sure they can get her Bank manager to show us her account as well.Catch a grip