Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 28, 2011, 05:19:31 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 28, 2011, 02:14:35 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 27, 2011, 08:59:36 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 27, 2011, 08:53:47 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 26, 2011, 01:01:12 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 26, 2011, 12:58:28 PM
Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 26, 2011, 12:39:11 PM
If Marty is to win, he'd have to unite the 'Anti-Establishment' vote. Saying he will shake hands with the English Queen will burn too many Bridges down to achieve that.

I personally can't see a United Ireland ever happening. The ultimate solution for the 6 Counties, in my eyes, is Joint Authority with the Westminster Secretary of State acting as First Minister and the Irish Foreign Minister acting as Deputy First Minister. I personally view myself as Bipartisan (as stipulated under the GFA) and hold both a British and Irish Passport (also under the terms of the GFA).

I hate the way that the two sides in the North constantly bicker over things they'll NEVER agree on (prime example being the rows with Evil Genius about NI Soccer). This underlines the (lack of) maturity in our Politics. When Belgium was under Political Limbo due to the Flemish and Waloons not agreeing to form a Coalition Government the Country actually experienced Economic Growth (bear in mind Belgium's currency is the Euro).

The way I see it, Marty is just another Machiavellian Career Politician and that Sinn Fein are basically Fianna Fail with a Private Army.

If he was a career politician, surely he would have chosen a party to join which wouldn't require that he take an industrial wage? And surely he wouldn't work an average 18hr day for such money if it was just a career he was interested in? And surely his activities before becoming a senior man in SF would demonstrate he is not motivated by money or a career? No disrespect to Mary McAleese, but she "offered" to cut her pay down to €250,000 (though she actually receives €292,500). Martin said if elected he would cut the pay for himself to the industrial wage of €35k and return the remaining €292k to the state. The actions of a career politician?

Of all the accusations thrown around about Martin McGuinness, 'career politician' is a new one to me.

Motivation Power not Money.

If his motivation was power, why would he step down from a powerful position in the north to seek election to a wholly powerless office?

Power and Egotism, he wants to be President for 2016.

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would vote for MMG. If I were home, it would be Mickey D. 1, Norris 2 and Mitchell 3.

OK I'll repeat myself for your slow learning pace. How can he be accused of being motivated by power when he is hoping to step down from an office of actual power to get elected into an office with zero power?

And he can hardly be accused of being motivated by ego either. He didn't choose to put his name forward, his party chose to put him forward. So I would say off all the candidates, he is, by a long way, the least motivated by money, power or ego.

Good man, start with the personal insults.

Deputy First Minister (the name itself is an oxymoron) in a region, or Head of State of an Internationally recognised country. Let me see which is the bigger ego boaster. Also the DFM job gets bumped to the next shinner. MMG knows the Republic is were its at  ;)

Amazing how you blissfully ignore the whole points. You said he is looking for power.... but he is seeking election to an office with zero powers. You said he is motivated by ego.....but he did not put his own name forward, his party selected him. Hence not motivated by ego. As I suspect you well know.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 28, 2011, 05:21:42 AM
This SF money not taken up by the TDs who is this excess money donated to?

For SF, leftover wages go back to the party after each TD has drawn their average industrial wage, demonstrating that Sinn Féin TDs are not motivated by money.

Funny you care to ask....do FG return half their wages to the state or something? Oh wait, they each keep their wages down to the last cent. Career politicians?

If Martin McGuinness was elected President, he would return €292,000 to the state from his wages and keep only an indistrial wage. Will Gay Mitchell do the same? Will any of the other candidates? Will you blisfully ignore these questions and arguments again?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

naka

note the comments on the  average industrial wage but always wondered how martin and gerry could afford holiday homes in donegal on these wages

ONeill

Quote from: naka on September 28, 2011, 10:02:00 AM
note the comments on the  average industrial wage but always wondered how martin and gerry could afford holiday homes in donegal on these wages

? Really?

I know plenty of people earning a lot less with family holiday homes in Donegal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Nally Stand

Quote from: naka on September 28, 2011, 10:02:00 AM

Gerry has sold enough books to build another holiday home or two in Donegal and a couple of weeks ago in the Irish News, a columnist referred to Martin's Donegal holiday pad. The following day appeared a printed correction where the newspaper retracted the claim and acknowledged that Martin has no such thing.

But sure why let the truth get in the way of a good yarn eh Naka?

thebigfella

Do you actually work Nally or do you just spend your day waffling on about Sinn Fein?

ross matt

Quote from: thebigfella on September 28, 2011, 10:26:15 AM
Do you actually work Nally or do you just spend your day waffling on about Sinn Fein?

:D :D :D
Often wondered the same thing. Surprised he has'nt posting that Martin was just on the Ray Darcy Show and how he "wiped the floor" with Ray. :D

Nally Stand

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 28, 2011, 09:24:08 AM
For SF, leftover wages go back to the party after each TD has drawn their average industrial wage, demonstrating that Sinn Féin TDs are not motivated by money.

This simply demonstrates that the party is as just motivated by money as any other party.

MWWSI 2017

thebigfella

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 28, 2011, 10:42:31 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
You guys are so funny

::)

I wasn't trying to be funny, it's was a serious question? IMO you cannot possibly be adding any value to your workplace (if you actually are employed?) based on your contribution to this thread over the last week.

I suppose it would be easier to free Ireland if you were on the dole and surviving on the Queen's shilling ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

For SF, leftover wages go back to the party

Ha ha, exactly the answer I expected. It goes to the warfund (pun intended). You see it does not go back to the state, therefore the rest is iirrelevant.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: 4father on September 28, 2011, 07:50:59 AM
The party.

F
A
C
T

Exactly the answer I expected. It goes to the warfund (pun intended). You see it does not go back to the state, therefore the rest is iirrelevant.

F
A
C
T

;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: thebigfella on September 28, 2011, 10:48:30 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 28, 2011, 10:42:31 AM
You guys are so funny

::)

I wasn't trying to be funny, it's was a serious question? IMO you cannot possibly be adding any value to your workplace (if you actually are employed?) based on your contribution to this thread over the last week.

I suppose it would be easier to free Ireland if you were on the dole and surviving on the Queen's shilling ;)

I can assure you I work but thanks for your concern. You must have very little faith in your ability to discuss the topic of the thread when you resort to the pettiest of petty insults instead. But sure thats up to you and you wont mind me pointing out that even with less posts to your name than me, your profile indicates you have almost the same 'posts per day' as myself.

Kettle pot black.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 28, 2011, 10:54:19 AM

For SF, leftover wages go back to the party

Ha ha, exactly the answer I expected. It goes to the warfund (pun intended). You see it does not go back to the state, therefore the rest is iirrelevant.

So tell me MGHU, now that you have again blissfully ignored my posts points..... is it more honourable to a TD to take every penny of his/her wages (FG) than to only take some (SF) when either way, none goes back to the state? I would suggest that one scenario marks out which side are not motivated by money/careers.

And will any candidate outside of McGuinness, if elected President, donate €292k back to the state from their own wages? Will Gay Mitchell?

Please do answer the questions.