Mayo v Galway 26.6.11

Started by Blowitupref, May 30, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

I'd say most of the big boys will be back

Clarke,Higgins,Gardiner,T Mortimer,A O'Se,McGarrity,McLoughlin & Ronaldson whom didn't start v London will start v Galway.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

macdanger2

Is McG back? Or still injured? Don't think he played against Shrule on Sunday.

Wouldn't have peader starting, impact sub at best.

Clarke / Hennelly will be 50/50

Tubberman

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 14, 2011, 08:33:48 PM
Is McG back? Or still injured? Don't think he played against Shrule on Sunday.

Wouldn't have peader starting, impact sub at best.

Clarke / Hennelly will be 50/50

According to The Mayo News, McG due to resume training this evening, even though he didn't line out for the Stephenites at the weekend. I can't see him starting - I'd say it will be AOS and Kilcullen. McG/SOS/Gibbons in reserve so we have backup.

Higgins lined out for Ballyhaunis so should be back for 26th - will surely start in one of the corners.
Cafferkey is still out though and is looking doubtful for Galway match. Suppose Vaughan will continue at CHB...
Geraghty and Howley went off injured in their games, but didn't say how serious.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

macdanger2

Sh*te, didn't hear that about Geraghty & Howley.

Is SOS close to being back??

Would T Mort be an option at CHB? You might need to anchor him there though so he doesn't fire away off upfield!

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on June 14, 2011, 07:28:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2011, 07:25:02 PM
The Mayo posters seem to be much more stable this week.

The planet Greece moving into the default constellation is helping me see what is really important this month: finding two defenders a midfielder and two forwards, then ten reliable teammates to go with them.
I think if the Fed ends QE2 it should be good for Mayo especially with commodity prices firm in Ballyhaunis .

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross matt on June 14, 2011, 08:00:28 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 14, 2011, 04:51:15 PM
Quote from: ross matt on June 14, 2011, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 14, 2011, 04:09:27 PM
watching the pressure the leitrim backs were putting on shine and kilbride and yet the just needed a inch of space and over the bar, its nearly impossible to stop them

I thought Shine was very wasteful on Sunday, maybe on a dry day he would have scored 1-7.

His shot selection was poor in the 2nd half but his opening point settled them down and his goal killed Leitrim. Apart from that he showed for and won alot of hard ball out in front in the first half when it was still a contest. I thought he was even more effective than Kilbride in the general sense.
His shot selection may have been poor but everyone one of those shots were hit extremely clean, guarnteed pts if there was no wind imo, there even a 45 which he hit wide that went 15 yards past the goals. Unreal striker of the ball. And i thought he looked sharp and for a big man hes awful composed on the ball under pressure. Kilbride too.

Sligonian stop agreeing and +1ing me! Its startin to freak me out!
Reverse pychology?
No, youve simply started to talk some sense ;)

Looks like us in Sligo have more confidence in Roscommon than the rossies do. Interesting that. I'll leave ye to it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 14, 2011, 08:23:46 PM

Clarke,Higgins,Gardiner,T Mortimer,A O'Se,McGarrity,McLoughlin & Ronaldson whom didn't start v London will start v Galway.

Big boys?

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: moysider on June 14, 2011, 09:18:41 PM

Big boys?

And this is considered a new start for Mayo, i.e clearing out dead wood.

Blowitupref

Big boys?

E.g the guys that didn't start v London & would be considered first 15.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

muppet

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 14, 2011, 09:20:52 PM

Big boys?

Ros are the big boys in Connacht now.

Is it worth playing a semi-final at all?
MWWSI 2017

Blowitupref

Quote from: muppet on June 14, 2011, 09:21:52 PM

Big boys?

You'll have to ask a rossie however the 06 minor players are big boys now & of course it's worth playing sure ye Mayo lads will be thinking Croke park when you beat Galway.

muppet

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 14, 2011, 09:25:28 PM

Big boys?

You'll have to ask a rossie however the 06 minor players are big boys now & of course it's worth playing sure ye Mayo lads will be thinking Croke park when you beat Galway.

We'll be thinking Parke.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 14, 2011, 09:25:28 PM

Big boys?

More like the Croke Park Agreement

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 14, 2011, 08:52:42 PM
Sh*te, didn't hear that about Geraghty & Howley.

Is SOS close to being back??

Would T Mort be an option at CHB? You might need to anchor him there though so he doesn't fire away off upfield!

SOS played a full match at the weekend so that s a bit of good news. Maybe the only good news. Howley is injured again and Geraghty went off v Ballina in Cross. Didn t see anything happen him - must be a pull or something.

I wouldn t give McGar any chance of making it. He was hardly running last week. Harte looks like he s held together with bandages but maybe he should be added to the panel anyway. This could be a short campaign if we misfire again can t afford to be waiting for a fella to be 100%.We re badly missing Harte s drive and thickness in the half forward line.

Not sure what the story on Cafferkey is. Anyway we look stretched. Would he go with the 2 O Sés in midfield I wonder?

I wouldn t expect too many changes from London. Maybe Clarke, Higgins, Trevor the O Sé 'twins' and McLoughlin. I can t see Ronaldson starting. A rookie club player unused to corner back did a job on depriving him ball the last day. He did get a few scores by peeling off and getting a few popped balls. I think he ll stick with 2 men inside that can win their own ball consistently.

moysider

Big boys?

Considered by whom? Don t mean to be short with you  but after last few years we dont have a first 15 or anything like it. Maybe only Cavan were in as bad a state as regards a settled team and look what happened them.

Big boys? Gardiner hardly. Ronaldson never has been. McGar and Higgins inj for London. McGar unlikely to figure for a while and dropped last year anyway - was left on the bench for whole Longford game last year. Clarke a 50/50 choice anymore. Trev was just back in panel but should start v Galway. Strange that McL and AOS did not start against London but maybe JH deliberately held them back but needed them to get over the line - just. They ll start v Galway.