Qualifiers

Started by snoopdog, May 30, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

The pub owners of Navan are already installing hitching posts and water troughs outside their establishments.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

The losers from the West got their extra week!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on July 10, 2011, 06:51:45 PM
Heed nobody has too far to travel as each one is a provincial Derby!

Tyrone v Wicklow..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on July 10, 2011, 07:08:44 PM
The pub owners of Navan are already installing hitching posts and water troughs outside their establishments.

;D ........................... gonna be some whooping and hollering in your neck of the woods

Blowitupref

Limerick vs Waterford - Limerick

Limerick vs Wexford - Wexford

Quarter Finalist 1 - Wexford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wicklow vs Armagh - Armagh

Tyrone vs Armagh - Tyrone

Mayo vs Roscommon - Mayo

Tyrone vs Roscommon - Tyrone

Quarter Finalist 2 - Tyrone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antrim vs Down - Down

Cork vs Down - Cork

Quarter Finalist 3 - Cork

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meath vs Kildare - Kildare

Donegal vs Derry - Donegal

Kildare vs Derryl - Kildare

Quarter Finalist 4 - Kildare

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provincial Winners - Kerry, Dublin, Donegal and Mayo
Back Door Winners - Wexford, Kildare, Cork and Tyrone
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

snoopdog

Gutted . if we get past Antrim we will be tanked by Cork. Why did those idiots have to make the last round draw tonight. Could they not have let us get over Antrim first.
Although with Down i wouldnt be suprised if we lost to Antrim.
I fell as if the championship is already over for us even  though we still may have 2 games to go.
Need Danny Hughes and Ambrose getting run outs next week if we are to have any chance.

David McKeown

Did I imagine it or was there not a promise last year that beaten provincial finalists would get a week off. Did this not happen or does it just not apply to Ulster teams?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

omagh_gael

Quote from: David McKeown on July 10, 2011, 08:20:53 PM
Did I imagine it or was there not a promise last year that beaten provincial finalists would get a week off. Did this not happen or does it just not apply to Ulster teams?

Is provincial fixture planning  a central decision or is it at the relevant provincials councils behest, so long as the provincial championships are finished by 17th July to fit in with the qualifiers/QFs.

mountainboii

Quote from: snoopdog on July 10, 2011, 07:51:15 PM
Gutted . if we get past Antrim we will be tanked by Cork. Why did those idiots have to make the last round draw tonight. Could they not have let us get over Antrim first.
I fell as if the championship is already over for us even  though we still may have 2 games to go.
Need Danny Hughes and Ambrose getting run outs next week if we are to have any chance.

Good idea I reckon. Gives a lot more focus to the qualifiers now that teams know their exact route to the quarter finals from this far out.

David McKeown

My understanding is it's centrally organised for tv to avoid other provincial finals in both codes
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ross4life

I read somewhere Ulster/Connacht finals will be on earlier next year with the Munster final on last. Ulster loser no doubt got the short straw in the draw this time, not only a 6 day turn around but possibly v Kildare.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bennydorano

Think Tyrone could have the scent of Sam in their nostrils after that.  Hopefully Wicklow will does us a favour and save us from the inevitable embarrasment that would await.

PAULD123

Quote from: snoopdog on July 10, 2011, 07:51:15 PM

We were always going to have to face a top quality side sooner or later. yeah it's really tough having to face Cork even if we do overcome Antrim but if we want to be a top team then we have to prove it. lets face it we have to face a step up even just to beat Antrim but at least it is a Divsion 3/2 team and gives the team the chance we wanted. We could be facing the on-fire Kildare or Tyrone.

I think we have to face the fact that while we may be in the top 6-7 teams in the contry, we are not even close to the top 2. Kerry & Cork are way ahead of us, but on a good day anything is possible. We have next week to think about before we can even look at trying to match Cork. But, when we were paired with Kerry last year we all thought our championship was over. Bring it on, the talent is there, lets just hope the boys can make it work.

bennydorano

Your an optimistic soul Paul.

PAULD123

Quote from: bennydorano on July 10, 2011, 09:03:28 PM
Your an optimistic soul Paul.

I would say realistic. We did run Cork to a single point in the final, beat Kerry, and only lost in the league to Kerry by 2 points this year. We are not as good as them but close enough to get close.

We have to be realistic and say that we have a better than good chance against Antrim. But that does not mean I am writing them off. We have to produce a top display, but if we do then we would certainly be favorites. But against Leitrim and Clare we have proven that we are vulnerable enough to be at great risk in the next match