USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 05, 2011, 09:07:12 PM
Quote from: sheamy on June 05, 2011, 09:04:04 PM
Stupid hateful f*ckin Ulster Council c*nts. Will it be all-ticket does anyone know?

probably just for the main stand. cant imagine them being scarce

standing room only I'd say. 10,000 max at a push. Whiskey got it right. Contempt is the word that best describes how these people treat supporters. 'Land of the Giants' my hole.

PAULD123

Given that the match has to be neutral, wouldn't the two only options be Belfast or Clones? Would belfast have been any more convenient? I would have thought it would be half a dozen and six of the rest?

Omagh would be too small wouldn't it?

Have to say though, I wish we had your problem, we'll happy swap qualifier round 1 with you if you wish 8)?

Orangemac

The Ulster council should hurry up with spending the £40m on Casement so it would be capable of hosting games of this magnitude.

armaghniac

Clones is the home of Ulster football and has the capacity that an all ticket game will not be needed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farneylawd2011

I was takling to a steward today at the Monaghan vs Tyrone game and he told me this morning that Casment Park is ruled out.So it will either be Clones or Omagh

fer fox ache

Yet again these full-time paid officials treat us with the paying punt with contempt. How the f**k do they continually get away with this shite. The Ulster Clowncill

Rav67

Really can't fathom this decision at all.  Surely the Ulster Council are supposed to try to maximise attendances/revenue at the games.  This will definitely impact on the attendance.

Sandy Hill

Must say I'm delighted with the decision!
"Stercus accidit"

armaghniac

They probably, reasonably, thought that more people would come to watch Fermanagh minors than Derry.

FERDIE

As a Derry man, I find it very embarrassing with all the crying and whinging about venues. Clones is a great venue, with plenty of atmosphere, not like that run down dump in Belfast with stewards bossing you about as though you wre sh*t.
Sure our supporters even cry about our own home venue which is one of the best stadiums in Ulster. There are posters on here crying about  Clones who stayed at home for the Fermanagh game and watched kit on TV.
Rant over, get to Clones and support your county.

trileacman

Quote from: FERDIE on June 05, 2011, 11:34:08 PM
As a Derry man, I find it very embarrassing with all the crying and whinging about venues. Clones is a great venue, with plenty of atmosphere, not like that run down dump in Belfast with stewards bossing you about as though you wre sh*t.
Sure our supporters even cry about our own home venue which is one of the best stadiums in Ulster. There are posters on here crying about  Clones who stayed at home for the Fermanagh game and watched kit on TV.
Rant over, get to Clones and support your county.
good one
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

DoireGael

Clones wtf? Park in a field, nowhere good to eat, 5 + hours round trip.

So how are these decisions made and generally on what basis? Is it made public or all behind closed doors (old school) :-\ ?

armaghniac

Of course they want an Armagh Tyrone final. Not only is it traditional, but it would be full!

naka

Quote from: Rav67 on June 05, 2011, 11:12:04 PM
Really can't fathom this decision at all.  Surely the Ulster Council are supposed to try to maximise attendances/revenue at the games.  This will definitely impact on the attendance.
maybe its to do with paying 20% of the takings in vat to HMRC whilst not paying any vat in the south

rionach 4

I have been told that for Health and safety reasons Casement Park is ruled out, Something to do with the stand.. Omagh was in the mix but Clones was preferred . Armagh have played Derry more often in Clones in the championship than anywhere else in recent years.

1975 Omagh  ... Ulster Semi final
!976 Omagh........ulster semi final
!977 Clones ....... Ulster Final.
!987 Clones......... Ulster final
!995 Armagh....... Ulster first round
1996 Celtic Park Derry first round
1998 Clones ....Ulster semi final
!999Clones ..... Ulster semi final
2000.Clones ....Ulster final
2005 Casement park.......Ulster semi final
2007 Clones.......First round qualifier
2010 Celtic Park Derry.......First round Ulster.

There maybe a few Ive missed but out of the twelve championship games six have been played Six in Clones  One in Casement. Two in Omagh and the rest at home and away venues.
The last time armagh beat Down and went on to play Derry ,Armagh were beat by 7 points in Clones  1998.
I like Clones it's a day out and i know our club will run a bus and the pubs are lively and there are venues to get a good bite to eat... Much better than Omagh and Casement.. For me (and its only my opinion) Clones has that championship feel about it . It's special. Casement or Omagh dont have that a[ppeal for me .