Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie g 8

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 09, 2012, 10:43:10 AM
Sidebottom does alot of soccer commentary in the Irish League, a bit like Ger Ganning and Darragh Maloney doing commentary during euro 12... its sounds all wrong. Maloney was presenting one night and the next day he was doing Cork- Tipp in the munster hurling, Pay the tv bills to listen to that muck.
+1

optimus cheese

As have no TV3 in the house was forrced to watch the Ulster Final on BBC. I never realised how bad Sidebottom was, in a way his rambling ruined the game for me, cringeworthy stuff. He kept shouting down Oisín and at one point when he was about to make some point, Sidebottom shouted him down to talk about some aul fellas hat in the crowd. The same stat was repeated over and over again, he just talks utter pish. Never will I put up with him again, to the pub, the radio or just turn the sound off from now on

Wildweasel74

BBC haven't got it right since jimmy Smith and Pete mcg done it, you could have listened to that pair all day. Sidebottom is poor, all these one liners that have little relevance during the game. Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh a experienced commenter who knew when to use them, although never hear him talk about bees lol. the one with teddy McCarthy is class though!its got hard to listen on rte too.

Onlooker

I saw Paddy Bradley going towards the old stand in Thurles yesterday, but did not recognise the lad with him.  Am I right it thinking that it was the legendary Mark Sidebottom.

optimus cheese

Would say so, they were both in Hayes' after the game

saffron sam2

And in the BBC commentary box during it.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gold

Quote from: optimus cheese on July 22, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
Would say so, they were both in Hayes' after the game

Hayes was full of Antrim fans before the game. Good spot.

Must have made a fortune.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Applesisapples

Best one yesterday..."easy peasy it's dummy time". On seeing a Donegal bedecked tot.

eddie d

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 23, 2012, 10:28:23 AM
Best one yesterday..."easy peasy it's dummy time". On seeing a Donegal bedecked tot.

to add to that, on seeing another dummy,

"there're no suckers"

why does he always have to talk about dates? and who scored the 1st point 30 years ago? ffs hes worse than motty

optimus cheese

Probably as he has no real insight into the game so decides to blitz wikipedia before the game and if in doubt attempt to be funny/come off with some pun

Sportacus

Just wear less make-up next time lads.  I had to adjust the contrast.

Orchardman

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 23, 2012, 07:28:28 PM
BTW who was the well known Ulster coach that M McHugh alleged had helped the J O'Connor and the Kerry squad at a special 3 hour session in Dublin midweek before they went out and hammered Tyrone?

Seems strange that the same person could not have been brought/bought to Kerry to do the same job unless he was otherwise fully engaged in the Dublin area and unavailable to travel.

Love the way mchugh comes out with this ground breaking stuff as if he was about to tell us all the world biggest hidden secret, he used to be great for little stories years ago.

Top ulster coach that went to dublin? any from paddy o rourke, ross carr, dj kane, or wee james

rrhf

Has mark a twitter page like Marty morrisey?

LeoMc

Quote from: rrhf on July 23, 2012, 11:08:40 PM
Has mark a twitter page like Marty morrisey?

Now that would be an outlet for O'Neill / Olly.

Hardy