Burgled!!

Started by BennyHarp, May 25, 2011, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2012, 10:39:40 PM
Ah, no damaged done really.

I suppose they may try to come back for the cars but they'll have no luck with what they have. Gives you a few sleepless nights though. I was sure they were coming back that night after the police left and stayed up waiting. Would love to catch them in the act, even if to get a look at them.

Again, nothing the police could do really. You felt like a dick saying you never locked the back door until night as you're in and out of the kitchen a lot in the evening. I'd just left the bins out from that door half an hour earlier so they'd probably been watching.
Wouldn't beat yourself up as I can't imagine many people lock their back door when sitting in the house. Some bastids about and this is the time of the year when the thieving steps up a couple of notches.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on November 27, 2012, 10:55:44 PM
Good question although he was probably still knocking about waiting for them to go to bed.

Did he leave the opportunity to lock the back door without noticing the keys missing? I mean, he didn't take the key out of the back door so if you went to lock up before bed, you'd know right away?

No, both keys were sitting on a microwave within an arm's length of opening the door. None had been in the door.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Bad craic all the same, had my front door window put in years ago, never heard a thing and the car keys stolen and car nicked!! Hope the cnuts are wrapped around a tree someday.

Though we should probably give them some community service and a free trip to Disney cause they have a hard life with nothing to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

O'Neill, do you have a dog?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Nope - and won't be getting one either. Have a budgie that curses.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Shane,did they not nick your skirt,from your musical days?

Had a mate some years ago who had his car broken into and everything taken except his hair gel,condoms.Police suspected a baldy taig was responsible!

sans pessimism

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2012, 11:45:08 PM
Nope - and won't be getting one either. Have a budgie that curses.
can he use a gun
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Croí na hÉireann

That's rough, cheeky fcukers. Was watching telly late one school night a couple of months ago when I heard a couple of repeat bangs going off outside. Opened the blinds and there was a couple of scumbags a couple of houses up throwing bangers under one of the neighbours cars, as brazen as you like. Was tempted to run out with a hurl but with 2 cars parked outside myself and a wife and child upstairs I just stood out on the doorstep and eye-balled them while ringing the guards. Another useless shower, they informed me they had already moved them on from a road around the corner for similar half an hour earlier. They cleared off after a minute whining in a kn**ker Dublin accent that "It's the season for it". This was weeks before Halloween. ::)

Anyway, that reminds me, must get a wheel lock for the wife's car, and Christmas is coming up.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Orior

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 28, 2012, 10:11:31 AM

Anyway, that reminds me, must get a wheel lock for the wife's car, and Christmas is coming up.

Geez! Is her overspending that bad?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on November 28, 2012, 10:31:40 AM

Seen a lad take off a wheel lock in 10 seconds, useless things not even a deterrent. The whole wheel cover is a better buy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2012, 10:36:47 AM

Seen a lad take off a wheel lock in 10 seconds, useless things not even a deterrent. The whole wheel cover is a better buy

Student became the Master?

Croí na hÉireann

Is any overspending good?

Steering wheel lock I take it Milltown?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 28, 2012, 11:26:47 AM

this type was taken off in seconds, a very funny story, we'd finshed playing 5-a-sides and one of the lads (fella was loaded, posh accent) was asking one of the younger lads is there any way they could get this thing off as he'd forgot his keys, the lad jumped in and the lock was off in ten seconds flat!! He'd been telling us before how he'd bought this expensive lock for his new car!!

This lock is far better

I very rarely lock the car anymore at home, they do more damage trying to get in I'd rather they try and steal it before breaking into house for keys.

Croí na hÉireann

Always thought they looked flimsy enough alright, thanks. Might want to lower the resolution on that pic though, taking ages to load and will kill anyone accessing on 3G.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2012, 11:42:53 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 28, 2012, 11:26:47 AM

this type was taken off in seconds, a very funny story, we'd finshed playing 5-a-sides and one of the lads (fella was loaded, posh accent) was asking one of the younger lads is there any way they could get this thing off as he'd forgot his keys, the lad jumped in and the lock was off in ten seconds flat!! He'd been telling us before how he'd bought this expensive lock for his new car!!

This lock is far better

I very rarely lock the car anymore at home, they do more damage trying to get in I'd rather they try and steal it before breaking into house for keys.

I wouldn't let the insurance company know that.  ;) Contributory negligence I believe it's called.