Burgled!!

Started by BennyHarp, May 25, 2011, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Aye I won't be telling them that of course, but thieves are lazy now, they would rather break into your house get the keys. Not worth the hassle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Aye those locks in the top pic are useless. I say a peeler snap one off a wheel in about 2 seconds flat as the car was causing an obstruction and they needed to move it.

Orior

Which idiot put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fitzroyalty

Do all cars nowadays not have immobilisers? In other words they don't even look at the car they just break into houses looking for keys and then see what car they match up to?

johnneycool

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 29, 2012, 12:05:29 AM
Do all cars nowadays not have immobilisers? In other words they don't even look at the car they just break into houses looking for keys and then see what car they match up to?

The Fords have a PATS system with a radio transmitter built into the key fob. The car won't start unless you've got the right key fob as I tried to get a new key cut, and that was the easy bit, I could also program the remote locking from the car, but had to go to a Ford dealer to get the PATS programmed and that's where they shafted me..

imtommygunn

The only way you'd stop thiefs, if they were intent on it, needing to get into the house is to leave the keys in the ignition. Immobilisers are advanced enough that the average joe who's a thief would need to get into the house to get the keys to get your car started. All that leaving your car open will do is stop them breaking the window for anything sitting in it.

Next step fingerprint recognition in keys then what do they do...

Larry Duff

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2012, 10:56:02 PM
Possibly they saw my wife going to lock up (or were disturbed by someone else) and ran for it. Cars could easily have been taken as gate was open. Possibly it was just the purse they were after and the house keys. Hard to know what it was they were after.

Same thing happened to sister in law. They took both sets of house keys so they could basically lock everyone in their own house, then drove away in the car knowing that anyone realising what was happening would be helpless to stop them. Sounds like you disturbed them just in time.

snoopdog

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2012, 11:39:20 AM
The only way you'd stop thiefs, if they were intent on it, needing to get into the house is to leave the keys in the ignition. Immobilisers are advanced enough that the average joe who's a thief would need to get into the house to get the keys to get your car started. All that leaving your car open will do is stop them breaking the window for anything sitting in it.

if the cars valuable enough they might just chop your finger off.

Orior

Quote from: snoopdog on November 29, 2012, 03:01:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2012, 11:39:20 AM

if the cars valuable enough they might just chop your finger off.

Palm readers are more accurate. They can detect blood flow and some people dont have fingerprints.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians