The Committee Room

Started by goldenyears, May 25, 2011, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenyears

Watched it for the first time just now - what a poor effort. Typically cheesy RTE! Why don't the producers watch some decent american sports programming and take similar themse.

Absolute shite!

haze

It was terrible! The Dotsy o'callaghan and Ryan O'Dwyer piece was cringe worthy. It could easily last an hour like against the Head or MNS. I'm sure Carey would be an interesting charachter if there was time to ask a few more questions. Didn't even give the fixtures for the weekend or even a brief highlights reel from the weekend

Despite this I will still watch it every week

CorkMan

On the bright side,it can only get better.

Orangemac

Haven't saw this yet but the half hour is indicative of RTEs commitment to GAA.

Jinxy

Didn't see it, believe it was rubbish but I'd expect nothing less from RTE at this stage.
We need a dedicated GAA channel now please.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1099271

Had to switch it off after 3mins as i was losing the will to live.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mountainboii

Horrible presentation, horrible format, horrible content.

Is Marty Morrissey really the best RTE has to offer? An example of his questioning tonight:
Marty: So when you retired, how'd that go?
Ciaran Carey: Well, I was lucky because club hurling filled the void.
Marty: So how did you fill the void?
Ciaran Carey: ...

More than half the show taken up by boring filler pieces about retirement. Previews of (only half of) next weekend's games squeezed into two and a half minutes at the end.

Cringeworthy stuff with the two Dublin lads, and even worse shite with the cheesy 'committee' references.

This should've a piece of piss for RTE. All they needed was:
- A simple layout. No need for the 'committee room' bollix.
- A presenter that isn't an annoying wee alien.
- A few articulate GAA personalities.
- To spend the guts of the show previewing next weekend's games.

They failed abysmally on at least three of those counts.

Rossfan

Appalling typical "any oul sh1te will do for the bogballers" effort from RTE.
>:( >:( >:( >:(
Surely it's not beyond someone's capacity to have a programem with a 15 minute look back at last weekend , 20 minute look ahead and 15 minutes look at general stuff like retirements, rules, some club items etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

They had the format in house.  Do they not look at Seo Spoiirt?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Kerry Mike

it was crap , but what do you expect from RTE at this stage.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

snoopdog

Very poor effort i thought. They only spent 2 minutes previewing this weekends games.
although the bit at the end of the 2 Dublin hurlers was funny with the guy saying Dottsy spends most of his time tugging his rope.
even the wife laughed at that one.

Jinxy

RTE's GAA coverage reinforces every negative stereotype that puts off people from non-GAA backgrounds becoming more involved, going to games etc.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Every year RTE tries to come up with some "revolutionary" GAA midweek program and every year it's brutal. Two words, Breaking Ball. And what's worse is we'll all be here again next year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

What's disappointing is they asked for input. Surely someone sent in something more worthwhile? I even proposed something better :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 26, 2011, 03:30:35 PM
Every year RTE tries to come up with some "revolutionary" GAA midweek program and every year it's brutal. Two words, Breaking Ball. And what's worse is we'll all be here again next year.

Nail on the effing head. What happened to Easytiger???